You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Make it Irish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Just tucking into a nice bit of Gallaghers of Donegal toastie white loaf its quality.
Clap

Irish brand name but surely the product you are buying isn't produced in Ireland ?

Looks like it to me I bought it from Home Bargains  in Sunderland it says on the pkt produced in the ROI by Gallaghers Bakery Ardara Co.Donegal Ireland.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:03pm
Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here . 

Or to put it another way , off to Dublin tomorrow to drink the best pint of Guinness in the world for me .........
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here . 

Or to put it another way , off to Dublin tomorrow to drink the best pint of Guinness in the world for me .........

I only tend to drink Guinness in England on St Patrick's  Day and some Sunderland away matches.

Always drink Guinness when I'm in Ireland.

Beer
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:15pm

I only tend to drink Guinness in England on St Patrick's  Day and some Sunderland away matches.

Beer
Just can't do it DM when back in the UK as i know i would only be disappointed . i have said before when i was in OZ in 2000 my best mate who has been there for 25 years said you just have to try it as it is just like home . I told him it will not be the same gave him the whole story etc etc then only went for a glass as he really wanted me to try it .
Well i said " Paddy you have been away form home far to long " it was pi$$ and only had to gob fulls .
Goodness DM when you have been in Dublin and you get home why would you buy it  ???????
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:40pm

Beer
Just can't do it DM when back in the UK as i know i would only be disappointed . i have said before when i was in OZ in 2000 my best mate who has been there for 25 years said you just have to try it as it is just like home . I told him it will not be the same gave him the whole story etc etc then only went for a glass as he really wanted me to try it .
Well i said " Paddy you have been away form home far to long " it was pi$$ and only had to gob fulls .
Goodness DM when you have been in Dublin and you get home why would you buy it  ???????

Rarely drink Guinness in England just on the great day St Pats Day as I like to drink Irish products i.e.Guinness Magners Jamesons etc. and as I say the occasional Sunderland away game if the beer in the pub is iffy. I've  had some very good pints of Guinness in Shepherds Bush and Arsenal over the years.

You may find this difficult to believe but I usually drink Double Maxim in Sunderland.
Wink

Edited by Double Maxim - 28 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:57pm

Beer

Rarely drink Guinness in England just on the great day St Pats Day as I like to drink Irish products i.e.Guinness Magners Jamesons etc. and as I say the occasional Sunderland away game if the beer in the pub is iffy. I've  had some very good pints of Guinness in Shepherds Bush and Arsenal over the years.

You may find this difficult to believe but I usually drink Double Maxim in Sunderland.
Wink

Now DM talking about double Maxim they sell it in Athenry but brewed here , just like the real thing i have been told LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 5:14pm
TJ Doyles and Kilmartins in Sunderland always did a cracking pint of Guinness Vesta Tilleys is the place for it now.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:21pm

Just tucking into a nice bit of Gallaghers of Donegal toastie white loaf its quality.
Clap

Irish brand name but surely the product you are buying isn't produced in Ireland ?

Looks like it to me I bought it from Home Bargains  in Sunderland it says on the pkt produced in the ROI by Gallaghers Bakery Ardara Co.Donegal Ireland.

must be some sort of long life stuff,no way can it be fresh bread.They are hardly flying over loafs of bread every day Big smile
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:24pm

Whats wrong with drinking Guinness outside of Ireland ? I have drank pints in England before that were every bit as good as here.Granted some places it can be sh*te but you can get a crap pint a few hundred yards away from the brewery.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 7:31pm

Whats wrong with drinking Guinness outside of Ireland ? I have drank pints in England before that were every bit as good as here.Granted some places it can be sh*te but you can get a crap pint a few hundred yards away from the brewery.

My first pint of Guinness was in Boston and have never looked back. This pub was renowned for their savage pints of black. Even me ex's dad who visited couldn't believe how good it was. Have had some great pints in some bars in the uk too.

Edited by drog addict - 28 Mar 2015 at 7:32pm
Chips don't bounce
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:16pm

Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here

Me too.
Never drank it in the 8 years I lived in London.
But I surprisingly drank copious amounts of it San Francisco two years ago and it was gorgeous.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:27pm

Clap

must be some sort of long life stuff,no way can it be fresh bread.They are hardly flying over loafs of bread every day Big smile

Its the best thing since sliced bread.
Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:30pm

Beer

Wink

Now DM talking about double Maxim they sell it in Athenry but brewed here , just like the real thing i have been told LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Are you PLastic Bari in disguise?
Big smileBig smileWinkBig smileBig smile
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Funny never buy Irish drink when i am abroad or anything Irish at all . I have said before , i really can't understand people who drink Guinness outside of Ireland who live here

Me too.
But I surprisingly drank copious amounts of it San Francisco two years ago and it was gorgeous.
For me it can never be as good as certain pubs in Dublin so why tease yourself and say yerrrr this is great when we you know it's not .

A bit like drinking VB or Fosters in OZ now would you say it's just as good here or in the UK Confused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 6:45am

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Me too.
For me it can never be as good as certain pubs in Dublin so why tease yourself and say yerrrr this is great when we you know it's not .

A bit like drinking VB or Fosters in OZ now would you say it's just as good here or in the UK Confused

Who does the Guinness in your local compare to the Guinness in Dublin?
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Dear Old Roker Dear Old Roker wrote:

I've been getting stuck into the bottles of Magners in Wetherspoons pubs since they slashed the price from £2.99 a bottle to £1.99 a bottle in their UK pubs.

Is that really the new price for Magners?
Shocked
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:26am
Guiness is an English beer brewed by a French company based in London.

Its about as 'Irish' as an Intel chip.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Guiness is an English beer brewed by a French company based in London.

Its about as 'Irish' as an Intel chip.

Bottom line is that its Dublin jobs at Guinness.
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic