You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pubs and crack in bundoran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bag of chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pubs and crack in bundoran
    Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 7:28pm
Hi all. I'm heading to bundoran for a weekend soon, any of ye been there. What's the nightlife like? Any good pubs? Any decent activities/attractions for us to do/see?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 9:37am
Is Sea Sessions up there this weekend? If so, the town will be packed.

It's a good spot anyway, last time I was up there was during the last world cup and it was great craic. Paris and Fusion are the 2 main places (they're beside each other), unless it's changed since then.

Get down to Rossnowlagh for a bit of surfing as well, great craic and clears the hangover straight away.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 9:38am
Thought it was a kip myself, Ballyshannon is much nicer IMO.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 1:21pm
Are there late bars in the town?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Thought it was a kip myself, Ballyshannon is much nicer IMO.
thought the same myself. Full of travellers.
There's a pub with an animals name in it (the something bull/pig/donkey) though which was a nice spot with good bands playing.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:26pm
Kicking Donkey !! Decent spot
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Is Sea Sessions up there this weekend? If so, the town will be packed.

It's a good spot anyway, last time I was up thiere was during the last world cup and it was great craic. Paris and Fusion are the 2 main places (they're beside each other), unless it's changed since then.

Get down to Rossnowlagh for a bit of surfing as well, great craic and clears the hangover straight away.

Don't go to rossnowlagh if its next weekend, unless you own a sash !!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 3:31pm
Never knew there were marches through there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Never knew there were marches through there.

Massive orange order March every year

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18749975
dickybhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 7:35pm
Bit of a dump to be honest, few good bars and clubs for a night out. Place does be full of Nordies in the summer, plenty of republican bars.

The beaches are ok in the daytime, although Mullaghmore in sligo which is a few miles away is much nicer and with less chavs and scumbags
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 7:52pm
Bundoran is a bit of a dump - Donegal Town is nicer imo - Rossnowlagh have their orange parade soon and on the other hand half of west Belfast will be in Bundoran with their Kiss me quick hats on - the choice is yours Bag of Chips
bag of chips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bag of chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 8:30pm
Sounds like a cracking spot so lads :(. Accommodation was handy money and since we've never been there we said we wud go for a good session. C**t of a drive home to cork after 3 days on the beer.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Bundoran is a bit of a dump - Donegal Town is nicer imo - Rossnowlagh have their orange parade soon and on the other hand half of west Belfast will be in Bundoran with their Kiss me quick hats on - the choice is yours Bag of Chips
ClapClapClap...I echo what Dickybhoy says. Can have a rough crowd around it but you could be there on a good weekend and it may be great! Sea Sessions is always very good though, disappointed I'm missing it

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 9:08pm
Plenty of pubs but I wouldn't be big on the oul drugs myself to be honest, but I'm sure they can be got easy enough. Don't understand why people need drugs to have the craic though, but each to their own I suppose.....
bag of chips View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bag of chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:49pm
Bump. Heading to bundoran from cork in the morning so I will get to see what it's like. Staying till Monday so il really soak up the atmosphere. Any final tips from anyone?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 9:49am
Definitely go surfing, great way to clear the hangover. Don't go to the carnival thing and end up on the pendulum thing, went from being fresh with not a bit of a hangover to puking everywhere in 5 minutes.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:28am
If ye can't surf go bodyboarding, much easier and ye won't need lessons.
Chips don't bounce
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 10:51am
sh*tehole.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic