Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [52.94%]
8 [47.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:25pm
Sorry that should read 2012.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:28pm
Thumbs Up
We were poison to watch in 2012 alright.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:28pm
Nah we were class.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:29pm
But I hope some lad on www.ybib.gr was not glad we were out and did not say FCK off Ireland on a forum otherwise I will be offended and put him on my list of enemies along with Tony.
AKA pedantic kunt
danger here View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:00pm

As much as I love technically beautiful football particularly from the 1970s the most interesting football games in my opinion are often the tactical cagey 0-0s or 1-0s in a high stakes game like last night. Two mortal teams fighting it out like a game of chess, where it's as much about mental strength as anything else. Both teams last night dogged it out to the point some of the Costa Ricans could barely move.

If you want entertainment go to the cinema. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by danger here danger here wrote:

As much as I love technically beautiful football particularly from the 1970s the most interesting football games in my opinion are often the tactical cagey 0-0s or 1-0s in a high stakes game like last night. Two mortal teams fighting it out like a game of chess, where it's as much about mental strength as anything else. Both teams last night dogged it out to the point some of the Costa Ricans could barely move.

If you want entertainment go to the cinema. 

The history of association football and its fully coded rules was that it was set up to entertain workers on a Saturday afternoon after working in the morning.

So at its very core its a form of entertainment.
AKA pedantic kunt
danger here View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:16pm
Maybe so but I doubt many players in the WC see themselves as entertainers. If Ireland or Liechtenstein won the World Cup playing ugly I doubt many would complain. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic