Poll Question: Winners?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [52.94%]
8 [47.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Costa Rica -v- Greece
    Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 12:02am
9pm Sunday in Recife. Winner plays Netherlands/Mexico.
Sponsored Links

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 12:04am
Think the first goal in this match is very important because if greece score first i think they will be able to keep costa rica out
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 12:11am
1st shootout of the tournament
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 9:22am
Yeah agree with Irwin, this one will go further than 90mns. Could make an argument for either teams to win.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 9:31am
Hatf to think that one of these will actually make it to the Quarter final stages of the World Cup.
Hope it's Costa Rica. They have really earned a great deal of respect these last 2 weeks fo their performances against Uruguay, Italy and England. 

I was in Costa Rica actually in January, and the people their expected to be out in the first round. This is to them what Italia 90 was for us in a way. Their moment to shine. 

Greece have been jammy in qualifying for this tournament, and jammy with the group draw. On top of that they were brutal the first 2 games, and lucky last night. Combine that with the fact that they have already been able to celebrate an unreal achievement in the past, I'm hoping this will be one for the Costa Ricans to celebrate!

Pura Vida!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Hard to think that one of these will actually make it to the Quarter final stages of the World Cup.

+1

You would be a rich man if you predicted this tie when the groups were initially drawn! I was dissapointed to see Ivory Coast knocked out but at the same time the late drama and randomness just summed up how brilliant this WC has been so far.

Would love to see Costa Rica make it to the Q/F as they have played without fear against three of the biggest teams in world football and remained unbeaten! Greece are generally tough to like but in fairness they came out against IC and showed they can attack well when they want to.

It's also happy days for the Dutch though you'd have to say - only Mexico/Greece/Costa Rica standing between them and a semi-final spot now.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Hard to think that one of these will actually make it to the Quarter final stages of the World Cup.

+1

You would be a rich man if you predicted this tie when the groups were initially drawn! I was dissapointed to see Ivory Coast knocked out but at the same time the late drama and randomness just summed up how brilliant this WC has been so far.

Would love to see Costa Rica make it to the Q/F as they have played without fear against three of the biggest teams in world football and remained unbeaten! Greece are generally tough to like but in fairness they came out against IC and showed they can attack well when they want to.

It's also happy days for the Dutch though you'd have to say - only Mexico/Greece/Costa Rica standing between them and a semi-final spot now.

Absolutely. The road to the semi's looks a lot more do-able than the one Chile now have.
That's why it was so important to win the group. 

But let's not count our chickens before they've hatched. The smaller nations/underdogs are often the toughest to play against.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 11:21am
This us the dream tie we all wanted to see. Greece to win for me. They have a habit of grinding out results against teams around their level. 1-0 I reckon.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 11:28am
I think there is more left in the drug free Costa Rican squad.

I hope they can nick this one. Greece did well to get through, but i'm not sure how they will cope with teh commitment of the CR's.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 11:39am
I really do hope Costa Rica win this as Greece play such ugly football.
This is one 2nd round match I wont be watching.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

you didn't watch the second half of last nights game then? Brilliant counter attacking football from Greece. They only hit the woodwork three times.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

you didn't watch the second half of last nights game then? Brilliant counter attacking football from Greece. They only hit the woodwork three times.

True, missed last nights game but seen their first two.... brutal football and very sore on the eyes.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 4:02pm
Hope Costa Rica go through, not saying I dislike Greece but their football is dire
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:14pm
This will be a draw 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:15pm
Greece to bore the arse off everyone and play for penalties from the start
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:16pm
For some reason I thought the winner of this was playing Brazil????

Then either one would have had a chance making semi-final!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:16pm
If Greece play holland it will be like Donegal playing Monaghan in GAA 
AKA pedantic kunt
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:17pm
Costa Rica to shade this one and the greeks to go into meltdown with a sending off or 2
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic