You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leap bus card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leap bus card?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:54pm
whats the sotry does anyone know.  You can buy credit online but you still have to go to a 'load location' to collect it, wtf Confused
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:57pm
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:58pm
Thumbs Up
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:03pm
LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:03pm
here's a mad idea ye thick..,.........http:///www.leapcard.ie/en/Home.aspx
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

here's a mad idea ye thick..,.........http:///www.leapcard.ie/en/Home.aspx

read that, doesnt explain

shamtravel is letting itself down here Thumbs Down
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:08pm
  1. Leap Card holders can Top-Up their card in over 400 agents throughout Dublin. Simply bring your Leap Card to the counter, and the person at the till will do the transaction for you.
Click here to find the closest agent to you. 

Leap Cards can also be Topped-Up at all Luas, DART and Commuter Rail ticket machines in the ‘Short Hop Zone’:

1. 1. Place the card in the pocket provided.
  2. 2. Select the Top-Up amount from options shown on the screen.
  3. 3. Insert the amount selected - notes/coins/credit or debit cards accepted.
  4. 4. Remove the Leap Card from the pocket as indicated on screen.
  5. 5. Your Leap Card is now Topped-Up and ready for immediate use.

Leap Card Luas

Leap Cards can also be Topped-Up online:

1. 1. Go to www.leapcard.ie
  2. 2. Click 'Top-Up'.
  3. 3. Enter your card number.
  4. 4. Select Top-Up amount and load location.
  5. 5. Make your payment by credit/debit card.
  6. 6. Collect your Top-Up at your nominated Load Location.

Edited by sham157 - 10 Jun 2014 at 1:10pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

whats the sotry does anyone know.  You can buy credit online but you still have to go to a 'load location' to collect it, wtf Confused
Yeah absolute cock up when they were designing it. They associated the money with a card rather than an account, so ya need the physical card with you when buying credit (ie in a shop or at a luas stop).
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:14pm
I don't think that explains it well enough Sham.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I don't think that explains it well enough Sham.
bit vague in fairness
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 2:16pm
The problem is the buses - they need to take the money off the physical card. They don't have an internet connection at all, as far as I am aware. How would it be possible to design a system where you can top up online, without your card being modified or having anything added to it by a machine, and then have the bus machine, which only reads the card and has no online access, know money has been added? The luas and irish rail ones could easily be made work with an online system but the buses, not so much.

I don't know how they are able to replace credit if you lose your card - presumably the bus machines are downloaded at the end of the day with something so they can tell what cards were used. I really don't know though.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:02pm
Jesus that's some f**k up. It's not as if Dublin was the first city in the world to bring in a leap card.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:04pm
Lads, I think you are all missing the main point, the unbelievable but yet believable thickness of The Count. It's actually at GerK levels.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:17pm

Lads, I think you are all missing the main point, the unbelievable but yet believable thickness of The Count. It's actually at GerK levels.

read the first post, it states "TOP UP ONLINE" on the leapcard site which is great Clap but then to get your credit that you topped up online for you then have to go to a shop to get it ConfusedConfusedConfused

But Shamtravel comes up tops again, i wont top up online and I will top up at a luas stop Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:32pm
Count having a horror show here. Firstly by the way, it's not as your title describes it a "luas bus card" its a payment card for many forms of transport, but anyhow...... Yes to top up online you collect it at the point you designate, a bit ridiculous, but no big deal. I posted the whole info so someone like yourself, could see all the options as you were quite obviously confused by the whole thing, specifically including the option to top up in 400 odd outlets in Dublin, in the hope that it may be of use to you, and help you out of the awful conundrum you found yourself in. Now make me a mod so I can ban you for utter numptinessThumbs Up
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:43pm

Count having a horror show here. Firstly by the way, it's not as your title describes it a "luas bus card" its a payment card for many forms of transport, but anyhow...... Yes to top up online you collect it at the point you designate, a bit ridiculous, but no big deal. I posted the whole info so someone like yourself, could see all the options as you were quite obviously confused by the whole thing, specifically including the option to top up in 400 odd outlets in Dublin, in the hope that it may be of use to you, and help you out of the awful conundrum you found yourself in. Now make me a mod so I can ban you for utter numptinessThumbs Up

again, read the post above this Sham, not too hard to decipher original query that was then answered + poor setup query of so called 'ONLINE TOP UP' has been addressed by others.  Keep up the good work ClapClapClap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:55pm
It's a joke, went to do it online before so it would be on before i went for the bus home, 2/3 days then pick it up in a train station, what a cock up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

again, read the post above this Sham, not too hard to decipher original query that was then answered + poor setup query of so called 'ONLINE TOP UP' has been addressed by others.  Keep up the good work ClapClapClap
yer some beaut
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic