FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

@Tribal World Cup Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: @Tribal World Cup Special
    Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

tribal a young lad called choupo-mouting tore the germans a new one last night , how do you reckon cameroon are going to do in a very tough group?

Didn't see them last night but I have decided they will finish bottom.

I think the Mexicans will be far better than their qualifying results suggest.
Sponsored Links

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

@Tribal

Marco Veratti was excellent last night. A real pocket of energy. Constantly dropping deep to start attacks. Certainly the young fella is in the mould of his mentor in that position.

Do you think he'll get much game time in Brazil or is it a world cup too early for him and if so how highly do you rate him?

For me he was the most gifted player on the pitch last night. A truly exceptional talent.

I think he's a good player but I can't see him getting too much game time. So many options for Italy in midfield. Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchisio, Thiago Motta, Aquilani, Parolo and Verratti. I think the first 3 are the most likely to start but the Italian team is very difficult to predict at the moment. Not sure what formation they'll even play. Very different to the likes of Brazil and Argentina, who have very settled starting teams I'd be confident I could name the XI they'll play against Croatia and Bosnia.

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by SligoLad_95 SligoLad_95 wrote:

tribal a young lad called choupo-mouting tore the germans a new one last night , how do you reckon cameroon are going to do in a very tough group?

That lad is 25... Interestingly though e played for the German u21s earlier in his career he's a decent player.

did he LOL i was wondering how the commentator knew all about him
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
SligoLad_95 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SligoLad_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 1:08pm

That lad is 25... Interestingly though e played for the German u21s earlier in his career he's a decent player.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 7:02am
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 12:25am
@Tribal

Marco Veratti was excellent last night. A real pocket of energy. Constantly dropping deep to start attacks. Certainly the young fella is in the mould of his mentor in that position.

Do you think he'll get much game time in Brazil or is it a world cup too early for him and if so how highly do you rate him?

For me he was the most gifted player on the pitch last night. A truly exceptional talent.

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 Jun 2014 at 12:25am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

@Tribal

Dear Mr.Army,
I have a question for you.  Who is the last player to score an own goal for Uruguay who had a cheese sandwich before a game? Normal own goals do not meet my query, as it must co-incide with the cheese sandwich curse, a well known football phenomenon whereby eating cheese sandwiches can cause own goals to be scored.
Many thanks in advance,
Lord Trap Junior of Corribside

Luis Cruz in the 3rd place play-off in 1954 against Austria is the only Uruguayan to score an own goal in a World Cup tournament.
At that time Uruguay was second to only Mongolia in meat consumption per capita, therefore I deem it unlikely that Luis Cruz ate a plain cheese sandwich before the game causing him to score an own goal. It is more likely his sandwich was made up of beef or other meat as well as cheese.

Regards, TA.

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:27pm
I would have Japan going through, huge support in Brazil and some decnt attacking players
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Brazil
Croatia
Spain
Chile
Italy
Uruguay
Colombia
Greece
France
Switzerland
Argentina
Bosnia
Germany
Portugal
Russia
Belgium

My predictions are generally sh*te.

Don't think there will be 11 European sides getting through. Maybe 5 south Americans though.
I'll be looking shrewdly a bit closer to the event, but my money will be on a few African sides and at least one Asian side to make the KO stages.

When I made predictions last week I had Japan going through ahead of Greece. Very difficult to call that group, Ivory Coast aren't far off that standard either.
Nigeria/Bosnia should be interesting too.
Don't think Cameroon or Ghana have a hope.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:15am

Brazil
Croatia
Spain
Chile
Italy
Uruguay
Colombia
Greece
France
Switzerland
Argentina
Bosnia
Germany
Portugal
Russia
Belgium

Don't think there will be 11 European sides getting through. Maybe 5 south Americans though.
I'll be looking shrewdly a bit closer to the event, but my money will be on a few African sides and at least one Asian side to make the KO stages.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:29pm

Romero

Zabaleta Fernandez Garay Rojo

Di Maria Mascherano Gago

Messi Higuain Aguero

I'd imagine their 11 will look something like this as long as Gago is fit.

Aguero top scorer at 18/1 worth a punt then?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:23pm
Brazil
Croatia
Spain
Chile
Italy
Uruguay
Colombia
Greece
France
Switzerland
Argentina
Bosnia
Germany
Portugal
Russia
Belgium

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:56pm
Can u put up who you reckon will qualify from each group so I can use it as one of my bets.

#AskTribalWCSpecial
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:15pm
Romero

Zabaleta Fernandez Garay Rojo

Di Maria Mascherano Gago

Messi Higuain Aguero

I'd imagine their 11 will look something like this as long as Gago is fit.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:06pm
#AskTribal

Who is more likely to start upfront for Argentina alongside Messi? Higuain, Aguero or Lavezzi?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

@Tribal,

I think you deserve a special World Cup thread, so we can pick your maradona of the ybig footballing knowledge brain.

@Tribal
I'm hopeful Roy Hodgson will pick or stumble upon a German formula of trusting youth, relying on pace mixed with a healthy mix of power. I'm banking he does by sticking a few bob on Sturridge as top goal scorer at 66/1 each way.

Is this..
Fools Gold
or
Road to Rio?

I slightly favour Uruguay and Italy to get out of that group and Uruguay and Italy will both be fairly solid at the back so I can't see him getting too many goals.

How does each way work with the top goalscorers? Generally a load of players end up with 3, 4 and 5 goals.

You made a pigs ear of choosing Chelsea, so I'll discount your sagely advice.

Each way is top 4 places
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:25pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

@Tribal

Dear Mr.Army,
I have a question for you.  Who is the last player to score an own goal for Uruguay who had a cheese sandwich before a game? Normal own goals do not meet my query, as it must co-incide with the cheese sandwich curse, a well known football phenomenon whereby eating cheese sandwiches can cause own goals to be scored.
Many thanks in advance,
Lord Trap Junior of Corribside

Luis Cruz in the 3rd place play-off in 1954 against Austria is the only Uruguayan to score an own goal in a World Cup tournament.
At that time Uruguay was second to only Mongolia in meat consumption per capita, therefore I deem it unlikely that Luis Cruz ate a plain cheese sandwich before the game causing him to score an own goal. It is more likely his sandwich was made up of beef or other meat as well as cheese.

Regards, TA.

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Do you not think the Swiss are light up front TA?

I think they are but I think they can get away with it because of how solid they are defensively. They were in a sh*te group but 7 clean sheets in 10 games is impressive.

I'd love it if they get knocked out though.

I think it will be the most boring group, unless France repeat 4 years ago to liven it up. Toss of a coin between the Swiss and Ecuador
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic