You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 a side London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY_BREEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 a side London
    Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:15pm
I moved over to London for work last September and haven't had a game of ball since then! Is there anyone who lives around London (preferably South) who plays 5/6/7 a side or even GAA? Or does anyone know of a contact?

The problem is I moved over with the missus and I'm a teacher and there's only 3 blokes working in my school & none of the ponses play!

Any hel much appreciated.
#FinnanWithTheAssist
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:20pm
Google it. I get plenty of non Irish lads new into the country looking to join teams in our 7 a side leagues, can't imagine London been any different.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GARY_BREEN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY_BREEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:32pm
Tried that alright and rang a few places but they weren't very helpful!
#FinnanWithTheAssist
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:51pm
I play 5 a side on Sundays in Chelsea with mostly egyptian lads. We're usually short a man or two. El Nino has stepped in before.

I haven't played since January but back "fit" again after a medical procedure.

Of you want drop me a pm and I'll give you the details once I hear of the next game. Usually twice a month on a Sunday.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by GARY_BREEN GARY_BREEN wrote:

Tried that alright and rang a few places but they weren't very helpful!

LondonThumbs Down
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 7:56am
GARY breen , i have a team for you in south london in clapham , top bunch of lads
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 8:06am
Lots of GAA clubs in South London or in the vicinity.  Round Towers, Cu Chullainns, Dulwich Harps just to name a few.  Best thing i did when i first moved to London 4 years ago was join a GAA club.  Helped me settle in.

As for 5 a side try gumtree.  always ads on it for lads looking for numbers.  Lots of leagues (Powerleague) will be starting up in the summer and some are very centrally located so i'm sure if you were up for it we could find 5 or 6 lads to set up a team.  11 a side seasons are just finishing up now but i'd advise you to join one when the new season starts.  Play with a side out in East London myself, few Irish lads on it although if you live in South London it's probably a bit of a spin for you.
GARY_BREEN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY_BREEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 8:07am
That sounds perfect Roger! I'm only 20 mins from Clapham! What's the Craic?
#FinnanWithTheAssist
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 8:49pm
Bump

Looking to play some 5/6/7 a side on the weekends. I live in South London - Balham.
Can anybody help?

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic