You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap Juniors Musings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 73>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

EH SPOILER ALERT

I'm doing everyone a favour.  The characters in it are f**king morons.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 9:14pm
Sounds riveting LOL
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is it me or do you enjoy songs more when you hear them randomly not by design than when you choose to play it on your playlist?

Yeah absolutely, same as when you come across a film on tele even though its on Netflix or Prime.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:46pm
Mullets, mullets everywhere

Saw at least 10 at Lansdowne 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:53pm
Do the two lads who used to play Sultans of Swing at speed still busk around Grafton Street and Temple Bar?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 11:14pm
Was chatting to this lad today who was about 20.  I fully believed he was American from his accent.  After 5 mins I asked him where in the States he was from and he said he was Irish.  I then said ''Oh were you living over there for a while?''  Answer : ''No.  I lived in Ireland all my life.''

This lad spoke like he was from California.

WTF

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 11:37pm
Where’d you meet Graeme MCDowell 

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 11:44pm

Was chatting to this lad today who was about 20.  I fully believed he was American from his accent.  After 5 mins I asked him where in the States he was from and he said he was Irish.  I then said ''Oh were you living over there for a while?''  Answer : ''No.  I lived in Ireland all my life.''

WTF

Autism?
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 12:57am

WTF
Maybe he's got an American parent? I have a mate from college a bit like that, but his mam's American so it's forgivable.

Edited by SeaSharp - 01 Apr 2023 at 12:58am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:32am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

WTF
Maybe he's got an American parent? I have a mate from college a bit like that, but his mam's American so it's forgivable.

Possibly but he didn't mention it.  I'm always a bit suspicious of adult people who change their accent especially if they are only a few years away

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:10pm

WTF

Possibly but he didn't mention it.  I'm always a bit suspicious of adult people who change their accent especially if they are only a few years away

Not a fan of Ronnie Whelan then TJ  ? Shocked
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

WTF

I'll make an exception for RonaldHeart

Not a fan of Ronnie Whelan then TJ  ? Shocked

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 4:41pm
The Children's Channel (TCC) shut down 25 years ago today. In Dublin it had been available on the Cablelink package, and brought shows like Saved by the Bell, and Canada's "You can't do that on Television" into the homes of jackeens. About a year before its final closedown, its suite of shows transferred to a new satellite channel called 'Trouble', leaving TCC with a negligible number of worthwhile shows (including Earthworm Jim). During that time it had no people doing links, and it was virtually automated. It closedown with no notice or warning, to the point that it ended up needing to fulfil contractual obligations in the nordics region, by playing a tape, on loop for two years after it shut in the UK and Ireland. In its place, we got Nickelodeon, and outside of Dublin, those who had it, had it replaced with Cartoon Network.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The Children's Channel (TCC) shut down 25 years ago today. In Dublin it had been available on the Cablelink package, and brought shows like Saved by the Bell, and Canada's "You can't do that on Television" into the homes of jackeens. About a year before its final closedown, its suite of shows transferred to a new satellite channel called 'Trouble', leaving TCC with a negligible number of worthwhile shows (including Earthworm Jim). During that time it had no people doing links, and it was virtually automated. It closedown with no notice or warning, to the point that it ended up needing to fulfil contractual obligations in the nordics region, by playing a tape, on loop for two years after it shut in the UK and Ireland. In its place, we got Nickelodeon, and outside of Dublin, those who had it, had it replaced with Cartoon Network.

I used to hate when it went off air at 7pm and changed to I think NBC? In later years Nick changed to Comedy Central.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 5:50pm
Was that the same channel I recall as a kid had the risk a crisp challenge? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 5:53pm
Nickelodeon Clap

Keenan and Kel Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I used to hate when it went off air at 7pm and changed to I think NBC? In later years Nick changed to Comedy Central.

Think it went over to Super and then discovery channel if I remember right. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 11:29am
Better was the Cablelink channel which used have intermittent snippets of Sky Sports, which allowed you follow a game. I was always hopeful that would show up at closedown on Monday evenings so you could get live coverage of a game, even if it was hard on the eyes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 73>
  Share Topic