You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap Juniors Musings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 71>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:16pm
Ah he's just as sh*te on the regular shows too.

There doesnt appear to be any let up by Anne when it comes to the charity versions, thats for sure. She's the one you'd want to avoid.

Id want to be up against the dark destroyer first, then yer man the sinner man, then the beast, then the vixen and lastly Anne.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

There doesnt appear to be any let up by Anne when it comes to the charity versions, thats for sure. She's the one you'd want to avoid.

Id want to be up against the dark destroyer first, then yer man the sinner man, then the beast, then the vixen and lastly Anne.
Is the sinner man not gone now due to illness? Has Parkinson’s I believe 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Didn’t know that. Thats terrible.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:54pm

Didn’t know that. Thats terrible.
Yeah just googled to double check I had my facts right. Diagnosed back in 2019 and then announced he was too ill to take part in latest series when recording started earlier this year.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:24am
Some arms on Kirsty Gallagher Shocked
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 9:36am
She was looking fit alright. But Rachel Riley is something else. You could forgive her views LOL Pretty sure she has appeared twice on the show. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 10:15am

She was looking fit alright. But Rachel Riley is something else. You could forgive her views LOL Pretty sure she has appeared twice on the show. 

She’s gonna a bit loonie, she looked coked up last night 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 10:29am
She's an absolute clown. 

KG looking unreal for 45 Heart
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 11:01am
Don't think I've ever seen the Vixen defeated on it
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:14pm
Remember when there was a shop called 'Crazy Prices'?

Were the prices crazy? What was it like. I dont think I was ever in one. It seemed to have a Quinnsworth vibe to it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:35pm
They had some very cheap as chip loss leaders like bread and then they started a yellow label ‘own brand’ that was very cheap, and stashed it all in one aisle but it quickly became known as the social welfare aisle in not a pot to piss in but yet snobby Ireland. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:57pm
Was like a cross between Dunnes and Aldi with a lot of their own brand stuff sold really cheap. Worked in one stacking shelves back in the day during school later became a Tesco.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:11pm
Going a bit further back, there was a place called Gubays which was cheaper than cheap chips. They had a supermarket over in Finglas near the Cardiff
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Were the prices crazy? What was it like. I dont think I was ever in one. It seemed to have a Quinnsworth vibe to it.

Used to shop in the one in Kilbarrack as a nipper. They had animatronics in the fruit & Veg which was fairly mind blowing for a kid in the late 80s/early 90s and they had a walk in fridge/freezer section which was Jaysis baltic. You had to pass through it to reach the other ambient aisles.
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:10pm
Mate of mine got a job in crazy prices - early 90's. They got him to paint the whole building. LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The northern ad was priceless in an Alan partridge kinda way

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Sep 2021 at 8:34pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:23pm

They had some very cheap as chip loss leaders like bread and then they started a yellow label ‘own brand’ that was very cheap, and stashed it all in one aisle but it quickly became known as the social welfare aisle in not a pot to piss in but yet snobby Ireland. 

Was the yellow pack not Quinnsworth?

Think they both might have been owned by  the same people (Maurice Pratt??)

Used to have one in Doddsboro, Lucan (Crazy Prices)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Was the yellow pack not Quinnsworth?

Think they both might have been owned by  the same people (Maurice Pratt??)

Used to have one in Doddsboro, Lucan (Crazy Prices)
Could have been but im 51% certain it was Crazy Prices. There was a programme on the telly box a few weeks back when I was on nights. He appeared in the ads for CP but not for Quinnsworth iirc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 71>
  Share Topic