Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stadiums with sh*t tv camera angles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 1:49am
the Camera should have been put on the tier below.

Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 8:59am
If they get in the CL next season they'll need to move it. CL group stage requires gantries that are 3D-video capable, and that has a minimum angle. Spurs had to do it when they were in the CL.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 11:38am
Agree about Anfield. New angle is awful.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 1:08pm
The angle is poor, even though it better shows the viewer how many away team players are camped in their own box, when the ball comes near them. It's rarely less than 10.
It's the first change of camera angle at Anfield since 1972, when the camera was in the opposite stand. When it is moved at a later date, it could be at ground level, similiar to the Allianz Arena which would be even worse.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The angle is poor, even though it better shows the viewer how many away team players are camped in their own box, when the ball comes near them. It's rarely less than 10.
It's the first change of camera angle at Anfield since 1972, when the camera was in the opposite stand. When it is moved at a later date, it could be at ground level, similiar to the Allianz Arena which would be even worse.

Cry me a river LOL

You mean away teams go to Anfield and actually play defensively and keep it tight? Who'd have thought?! 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

If they get in the CL next season they'll need to move it. CL group stage requires gantries that are 3D-video capable, and that has a minimum angle. Spurs had to do it when they were in the CL.

Liverpool did make it, and the camera angle hasn't changed.

I wonder if the requirements did.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:20pm
Stadiums with rubbish TV camera positions?  Surprising nobody's mentioned Wembley.

The kick-off of the second half of EVERY SINGLE MATCH at Wembley is to a background of empty seats, because corporate ticket holders are too busy stuffing their faces with food and drink to get back to the game starting.  Why can't Wembley simply move the cameras to the other side, where presumably there wouldn't be as many empty seats at the restart. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:38pm
Yeah, it's shocking. Those seats are, as far as I know, all Club Wembley tickets. That means, I think, that they aren't necessarily fans of the clubs in question, just those who commit to buying tickets to both cup semi finals, the final and England internationals. Assuming I'm right on that, it makes sense that there would be so many empty seats for the semi finals.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, it's shocking. Those seats are, as far as I know, all Club Wembley tickets. That means, I think, that they aren't necessarily fans of the clubs in question, just those who commit to buying tickets to both cup semi finals, the final and England internationals. Assuming I'm right on that, it makes sense that there would be so many empty seats for the semi finals.
That's the Bobby Moore Club apparently - £8k a year 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:28am
Blackburn's new camera position
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:29am

A fitting way to remember a thief...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

A fitting way to remember a thief...

Shocked  The incident in Mexico?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:44am
It was in Colombia. Typical Cockney.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:24pm
These poor camera positions are probably due to the pitch-side advertising. When it's low down the LED ads appear on TV much more often. 

Wembley and the Allianz Arena both have alternative camera positions that offer much better views. Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2 in Munich at the 2006 World Cup and the camera view was excellent for that game. However Bayern use an awful view nowadays.

Games from Wembley can be broadcast from either side of the pitch. So an England game can be shown live from high or low positions depending on the country. 

A couple of years ago an England game was broadcast live on both ITV and TV3. ITV used the low angle that people don't like, while TV3 had the high one. So people in England actually got a worse view of the game than other people around the world.

Lansdowne Road did this when we played Russia a few years ago. The camera height was the same for both broadcasts though. However the alternative camera allowed for Russian advertising to a Russian audience.

Back in the mid 90s Real Madrid used a high up camera view. So there's probably an alternative available there too. But then the ads wouldn't be as visible.

When Liverpool changed it was a surprise. They went higher instead of lower. I wonder will that last?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:45pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

These poor camera positions are probably due to the pitch-side advertising. When it's low down the LED ads appear on TV much more often. 

Wembley and the Allianz Arena both have alternative camera positions that offer much better views. Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2 in Munich at the 2006 World Cup and the camera view was excellent for that game. However Bayern use an awful view nowadays.

Games from Wembley can be broadcast from either side of the pitch. So an England game can be shown live from high or low positions depending on the country. 

A couple of years ago an England game was broadcast live on both ITV and TV3. ITV used the low angle that people don't like, while TV3 had the high one. So people in England actually got a worse view of the game than other people around the world.

Lansdowne Road did this when we played Russia a few years ago. The camera height was the same for both broadcasts though. However the alternative camera allowed for Russian advertising to a Russian audience.

Back in the mid 90s Real Madrid used a high up camera view. So there's probably an alternative available there too. But then the ads wouldn't be as visible.

When Liverpool changed it was a surprise. They went higher instead of lower. I wonder will that last?

Top top football anorak.  You may find my thread on goal nets and stanchions stimulatingClap

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

That was for the Ireland/England friendlies a few years back. Both had cameras on the other side of the field allowing them to sell advertising hoardings to the other country's audience
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:56pm
They also did it for the Germany game in 2015. It has happened a few times.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic