You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Browne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

On last nights showing he is worthy of his place in the squad.
Before that I wasn’t sure about him.
Not sure if he should be starting but he did well last night. 
Hourihane on the other hand was brutal. 

Yeah, very disappointed with Hourihane last night. Needs to be much stronger on the ball, dispossessed too easily. Also came deep for the ball a lot in the first half and because the Danes werent pressing (except for their forwards which shows how disorganised Denmark were) he had plenty of time to turn when he got the ball. Alas he never did and simply played a pointless safe ball back to whence it came   In fact I dont think one of our midfielders turned on the ball in the first half. 

Hourihane seemed to react very petulantly to being subbed. Walked head down around the pitch and didnt acknowledge the fans applauding him as far as I could tell. Poor enough. Obviously he was disappointed but you need to hide that disappointment for 20 mins in the circumstances.

Its a pity if Hourihane doesnt up his game as his delivery is a huge asset. Hendrick and Browne both had good second halves after anonymous first halves. Thats ok from Browne as he is still finding his feet but Jeff needs to do better for 90 mins.  Whelan was good throughout. In fact probably Whelans best ever qualifying campaign at 35?

As for McClean, as limited as always on the ball and again not sure he beat the first man with a single cross. His workrate back, particularly near the end, was absolutely heroic, but Id swap that any day for a properly functioning wide man. In fact his efforts perfectly summed up in the yellow card incident. A Dane was slow to react to a pass and McClean bust a gut to get there before him - so far so good. James then, having gotten there, knocked the ball about 8 yards in front of himself with a hilariously awful first touch. To make up for this he tried nonetheless to win the ball from the Dane he had virtually passed the ball too and in the process gave away a free and picked up a card.

Lastly viz Browne, worth noting that at 24 he has 200 plus senior appearances at a high level to his name and 30 odd goals. Thats going to stand him in good stead over the next 10 years hopefully.

His effort when put clean through on goal in the first half was shocking. Very hit and miss player for me and ridiculously one footed. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

His effort when put clean through on goal in the first half was shocking. Very hit and miss player for me and ridiculously one footed

Nearly every left-footed player is in fairness.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

His effort when put clean through on goal in the first half was shocking. Very hit and miss player for me and ridiculously one footed

Nearly every left-footed player is in fairness.

true, im left footed and i would miss an open goal with my right foot. granted im not a professional footballer but just saying. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:54pm
He seems to lack the physical abilities to be an effective midfielder, especially for a team like us who usually spend a lot of time without possession.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He seems to lack the physical abilities to be an effective midfielder, especially for a team like us who usually spend a lot of time without possession.
I'd agree
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 3:44pm
Preston working their way into the championship playoffs and Browne seems to be playing a big part.

Any Preston fans on here know which position he's be playing of late? I know he's been moved around a lot over his years at preston.
Jebediah Springfield View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:01pm
only watched a few mins today and he seemed to be in a deeper midfield 2 alongside Pearson from what I saw. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:43am
Made a very generous donation yesterday to the fundraiser i'm running to aid the Frontline Services in Cork. 
You can take the boi out of Cork but you can't take the Cork out of the boi! Clap

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 11:34am
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:35pm
Watching Preston vs Cardiff, Preston aren't a good side but Browne is streets ahead of the rest of them. Maguire came on and vastly improved them as well, creating one goal and then setting up another which was somehow missed. Time for Browne to move on if any suitable moves present themself I think.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Watching Preston vs Cardiff, Preston aren't a good side but Browne is streets ahead of the rest of them. Maguire came on and vastly improved them as well, creating one goal and then setting up another which was somehow missed. Time for Browne to move on if any suitable moves present themself I think.

Browne seems to be used in a range of different positions, ive seen him in the holding role a few times and has been good. 

Edited by Left foot - 27 Jun 2020 at 2:42pm
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 4:51pm

Looks like Preston bottled promotion chances again. Hope Browne moves on. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:40pm
Where ought he to go, do you reckon? What is his level if, as you suggest, he's too good for Preston?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Where ought he to go, do you reckon? What is his level if, as you suggest, he's too good for Preston?

To a team of greater quality than Preston if an offer comes in for him, obviously.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:13pm
It'll be interesting to see how Browne does under Kenny and if he plays him in an advanced position in the midfield. He has a good knack for goals as well. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

To a team of greater quality than Preston if an offer comes in for him, obviously.

Is he Premier League quality, though? Probably not quite.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:58pm
Browne is the only midfielder we have who can score a goal. Worth a go for that alone, although he has a touch like long john silver 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:22pm
Browne has a year left on his contract, PNE usually sell on a player every year and Browne is at an age where his next contract will be the most lucrative of his career.. PNE are dire to watch last week they played Browne at full back and kicked long balls up front to Maguire on his own. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
  Share Topic