You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Browne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Would like to see browne get a shout tomorrow, can play holding and a more advanced role. 

Would be good to see him start. Hasn't been that impressive for us so far - hopefully that changes tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:35pm

Would like to see browne get a shout tomorrow, can play holding and a more advanced role. 

You'd expect him to play some part because according to some, he was the best player on the park against the Swiss.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You'd expect him to play some part because according to some, he was the best player on the park against the Swiss.

LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:58pm
didnt he equalise?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:39pm
Fella can’t get a game for Preston ffs
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Was the clubs player of the year last season, while he didn't play in two  league games this season AFAIK.  Alex Neil has used him in different positions this season to accommodate other players in the team. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Was the clubs player of the year last season, while he didn't play in two  league games this season AFAIK.  Alex Neil has used him in different positions this season to accommodate other players in the team. 

I understand that he was carrying a slight injury for the start of the season but has now regained full fitness. 

As mentioned he was Preston's player of the season, I fully expect he'll start going forward 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I understand that he was carrying a slight injury for the start of the season but has now regained full fitness. 

As mentioned he was Preston's player of the season, I fully expect he'll start going forward 
He will have to track back too.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:52pm
The new messiah LOL
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:17pm
Needed to make some type of inpact last night,  was delighted he got a goal mind you he won't get an easier finish. Covered a lot of ground and put in a few good tactless. It's been a reasonable week for him. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

The new messiah LOL

Boring Dublin Doc ... just boring 

Edited by Left foot - 11 Sep 2019 at 1:30pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:46pm
I think he did pretty well actually - especially in that deep role. Given his physical attributes, I think Mick will see him as being suited to the challenges of Switzerland and Georgia where there may be a battle in the middle of the park.

Edited by DeclanDaly - 11 Sep 2019 at 1:47pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:54pm
His touch and passing are very poor. Got goals for a PNE side designed to get the best out of him and that is all. He is nowhere near the standard required. He deserves credit for overachieving in the game though.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

The new messiah LOL

Boring Dublin Doc ... just boring 
You are in deed christy
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

His touch and passing are very poor. Got goals for a PNE side designed to get the best out of him and that is all. He is nowhere near the standard required. He deserves credit for overachieving in the game though.

Touch & passing very poor..ridiculous. 

Done well & best game for us, though thats not saying much. An option.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:43pm
And I think it is ridiculous to suggest he is an option! Every pass was either over hit or under hit and he struggled to control simple balls. 
We will have to agree to disagree, but I have thought for a while, based on what I have seen for club and country, that he is somewhat short of what is needed.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And I think it is ridiculous to suggest he is an option! Every pass was either over hit or under hit and he struggled to control simple balls. 
We will have to agree to disagree, but I have thought for a while, based on what I have seen for club and country, that he is somewhat short of what is needed.

Yep..time will tell
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:05pm
im not sure he offers that much. i have never really been impressed anytime i have seen him. even for Preston. not the midfield general we have been looking for all these years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
  Share Topic