FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Browne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:07am
Thought he took up some really good positions defensively, especially when the ball was on our left and being switched to his side. He'll never be as comfortable with the ball as Doherty and gives it away far too often, but he had a good game.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Still no RWB for me but has an eye for goal.

He was head and shoulders better than Christie...

Not too difficult... 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He put in a good few important blocks and interceptions and went about his business getting up the pitch effectively.

Good at both ends. Dangerous presence in the box from set pieces. 

Can't argue with that. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:18pm
Still no RWB for me but has an eye for goal.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:02pm
Break down minutes played and Browne has played 12.3 games for Ireland and scored four goals.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He did pretty well today but with Coleman and Doherty back I would like to see him get more hame time in Central midfield. 

Agree. I thought he actually gave the ball away quite often today. Got his goal but dont think he did that well. Good squad player though.
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:42pm
He put in a good few important blocks and interceptions and went about his business getting up the pitch effectively.

Good at both ends. Dangerous presence in the box from set pieces. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:41pm
He did pretty well today but with Coleman and Doherty back I would like to see him get more hame time in Central midfield. 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:28pm
He is one if the guys who gets awful stick on here that's very unfair. He is limited but has a great knack of arriving at the right time to knick a goal. Clearly really wants to play for Ireland, like Hendrick and Hourihane who equally get panned here. Delighted it went so well for him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 9:31pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 1:37pm
How now Browne cow. Another goal for Alan.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Scores.

Lenihan too 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 8:04pm
Scores.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 12:27am
Put me in the group that thinks Browne is underrated. He's been one of our better performers in big games over the last few years - Denmark (h), Slovakia, Serbia (a), and now popping up with that important goal vs Belgium.
Start of last year Kenny tipped Browne to have a big year, but then of course he missed a lot of Ireland games because of covid/injury, so he's been unlucky.

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I clocked that and his reaction alright! 

It was a fantastic header. Fair play to him for making an impact when he came on. i actually think he's been decent when played under Kenny. He's 26 though, I think he's probably at his level. Good squad player/ impact aub to have

An example I always come back to, Enda Stevens was in League 2 at 26, Wilder plucked him out of obscurity and ended up playing 2 seasons in the Prem (the 1st being excellent) by 30. As I said in another thread, we have an awful lot of late bloomers.

He'll be entering the last year of his contract come June, so he might move on. He could get a lucky break and end up at a yo-yo club like Norwich, a get a few seasons in the PL.

Edited by Greenie50 - 28 Mar 2022 at 12:29am
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 11:48pm
He prefers playing as a no. 10 to any of the other roles he has been slotted into. Not a finesse player but he does have a goal in him. Victim of his own versatility to some extent.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 9:37pm
It doesn't help that he's played in every midfield position and full-back for Preston.

His best form came when he was nailed on in one position.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 8:56pm
You can't deny that he pops up with goals coming from deep, bit over all, I thing he goes missing in games and doesn't affect them enough. Definitely not the answer to our midfield issue. Always worth having on the bench though.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyone notice the stupid comment from the interviewer on Virgin who stated that it wasn't exactly Browne's role to get forward and score Stern SmileEmbarrassed Browne immediately corrected her. 

It's exactly what Browne is known for for both club and country. He's always had a knack of scoring goals. Wtf was she on about?! LOL

You tube link below may not work as I'm posting off the phone.

https://youtu.be/rqVmBo2eyLs

I clocked that and his reaction alright! 

It was a fantastic header. Fair play to him for making an impact when he came on. i actually think he's been decent when played under Kenny. He's 26 though, I think he's probably at his level. Good squad player/ impact aub to have

Dare I say his name but before he jumped ship, Stephen Ireland had fantastic positional awareness and timing when it came to getting in the right areas to score and Browne looks to have that in him too. He wouldn't have the raw ability Ireland had overall but he could definitely be a huge impact sub for us over the next few years. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
  Share Topic