Alan Browne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 11:12pm
He really hasn't, Browne has mostly been recognised for what he is, a good Championship midfielder with excellent athleticism. He looked like he might improve to an EPL level player at one stage, but he kind of plateaued a few years ago. At 28 he's very much in his prime, so maybe he will be able to kick on another level now. For me he's one of those players who you'd always want in the squad, but not quite good enough to be a guatanteed starter.

Edited by The O'Shea - 20 Sep 2023 at 11:13pm
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

What this Browne revisionism craic about lads? I think he's always been within a range of ok to very good for Ireland and has been one of Preston's main players in the Championship with years, at one point being on the cusp of moving upwards if I remember correctly but not quite working out for him.

I'd be surprised if many Ireland supporters disputed the above points so who is the "up yours" stuff aimed at?
He is usually the first player to be criticised in any line up Kenny names and then blamed individually when we lose,during and after the match  even when more fashionable players like Molumby and Cullen have been a lot less effective. Its a consistent thing through all the match threads  for around four years now. Its all based on a perception of him being substandard , contrasting with the perception that Molumby for instance is top class, which is in no way reflected in their relative performances or even evident ability. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

What this Browne revisionism craic about lads? I think he's always been within a range of ok to very good for Ireland and has been one of Preston's main players in the Championship with years, at one point being on the cusp of moving upwards if I remember correctly but not quite working out for him.

I'd be surprised if many Ireland supporters disputed the above points so who is the "up yours" stuff aimed at?
I personally think Browne had been poor-OK for Ireland up til recently, despite picking up a fair few goals. He was superb in the last window though and looks to be having a great start to the season so fair play. 

Edited by SeaSharp - 20 Sep 2023 at 10:40pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 10:35pm

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 10:01pm
Browne doesn't have the BS factor of other squad members. Was never hyped as a youngster, never played for a big, fashionable club, not English with an Irish granny and a couple of England youth caps. Just a decent player who is usually one of our better performers when he plays....much like Whelan was
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 9:40pm
Been in the doldrums with Preston for a good while. Would like to see him really kick on now. Type of player you could see doing well in Belgium like Cullen did. Good opportunity for European football
Danger here, OH NO
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 9:06pm
https://twitter.com/pnefc/status/1704476654410567936

His assist for the winner last night.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2023 at 9:04pm
Having a terrific start to the season with PNE who sit top of the championship and also had a very good international window with Ireland. Sometimes I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Has been a very consistent performer for us over the past six years.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 3:20pm
Irish combining for Browne's goal today.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 10:52am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

It's been by large a good International window for Alan Browne. His versatility will make sure he's on the plane to Germany in two years time.

Agreed, he's a good 3 or 4 years younger than Hourihane and Hendrick also.
Idah Dream!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 10:49am
It's been by large a good International window for Alan Browne. His versatility will make sure he's on the plane to Germany in two years time.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 9:02am
I thought going forward he carried the ball really well a few times in that 2nd half where it looked like we might get caught in possession, but he managed to get us up the pitch and suddenly we were threatening the Ukraine back-line. 

Obviously defensively he's going to have a tough time against top tier opponents as RWB just isn't his position but I've liked him since he came into the squad and he's a great option off the bench. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 12:41am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Yeah would much rather him coming on for Molumby or Knight than Hourihane rather than playing RWB. Has shown though he's a consistent player for us and could slot in and do a job if Doherty is missing.

Agreed, I just don't get what Hourihane offers, the odd good set piece or delivery, not much more. I don't see him getting too many more caps
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 12:33am
Yeah would much rather him coming on for Molumby or Knight than Hourihane rather than playing RWB. Has shown though he's a consistent player for us and could slot in and do a job if Doherty is missing.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Did very well at RWB in both games.

Originally posted by MacMathuna MacMathuna wrote:

he's very inconsistent player that's his problem. But if he can perform for Ireland when called upon he's a great versatile asset.

Have we any player in the squad currently that can cover more positions?

Manning probably. LWB, LB, LCB, CM, AM
Browne did well out of position in the 2 games, but he is not a RWB and it showed at times. Showed he Is still a good squad option, though!
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:48pm
Did very well at RWB in both games.

he's very inconsistent player that's his problem. But if he can perform for Ireland when called upon he's a great versatile asset.

Manning probably. LWB, LB, LCB, CM, AM
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 8:29pm

He is inconsistent. He looked all over the place v Ukraine. And then did well v Scotland! 
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 3:34pm

Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
  Share Topic