You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water and Fruit & veg intake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:40pm

Usually get to eat the fruit and veg don't often get to drink 2ltrs of water though.

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:54pm
I'm sure I heard before that the 2 litres of water a day is based on a paper from the a long time ago. The paper data includes water in your food also as obviously almost all food will have constituent water. For some reason people/magazines/diet gurus have quoted 2 litres of drinking water. I think this might be over egging it a little.

I've been on a diet since July now and I'm eating about 5-8 pieces of fruit a day. love fruit though.

expensive as f**k though. I'd say myself and the gf go through 100 quid worth of fruit a week.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 02 Apr 2014 at 2:55pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 3:07pm
Would definitely have the water.

For fruit, I'd probably have 2 pieces a day at lunch, and then am always snacking on grapes in the evening. Some dried fruit during the day too if that counts, and sometimes a banana on my cornflakes.

Usually have one veg with my dinner, green beans, broccoli, carrots.

So while I think I'm healthy, probably not even hitting the reccomended amount myself.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

2-3 litres of water and 2 fruits most days.

I hear yer man McCarron from Tyrone is on something similar

Jaysis, I just saw the flyer for video - how did he think he'd get away with that?
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 3:14pm
In the last few months I've been hitting the water hard, would easily drink 2 litres a day in the office, I spend most of the afternoon legging it to the jacks though.

At home I don't drink as much, working from home today and I've probably only had a pint.

Try to hit the 5 a day but I generally fail. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 3:37pm
I'd usually only drink 1l per day and 3/4 pieces of f&v.
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 3:51pm
The water is not a bother, i wouldnt get near 5 pieces of fruit & veg a day though 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:25pm
Drink loads of water every day, would have Spuds,Broccoli,Carrots about 3 times per week, eat a banana, drink Oj every day.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:38pm
Eat a pear and an orange Mon -Fri
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:58pm
The proper recommendation is 3 - 3 &1/2 Ls of water a day. I'd say most days I get close to 3l (not the weekends though)

If you increase the amount you drink, your body will get used to it and you won't piss that much.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Wouldn't drink that much water or i'd pissing all day.

Eat an absolute mountain of vegetables and have at least one bit of fruit every day.

A mountain of veg = a mountain of carbs.

You should be ashamed AM
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 8:21pm
Hardly. Eating next to no rice,  potato or pasta etc. Some slow release carbs are important and even at that,  the relative carb count for vegetables is fine. What the hell would you be eating if you can't have starchy food or vegetables? 
@AntrimMan85
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 8:52am
I dont eat fruit it's full of sugar anyway so go with veg more. Try to drink water so maybe get a litre per day sometimes more. I eat loads of protein probably not enough veg in my diet but i eat healthy enough most of the time
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:34am
Fruit is also full of vitamins .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:59am
The water is easy. Contantly refilling my water bottle in work. Would say I am 3 litres plus a day.
The pissing is a nightmare though especially if you have long calls and no chance to run out for a piss. I do be often dancing at my desk trying to hold the piss .

Fruit and veg I am a bit worse. Probably 3 a day on average
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 10:05am
Love fruit love veg and love water.  Drink probably about 1.5l to 2 litres a day of water.  

Stick a slice of lemon in it too just to give it a hint of flavour.  Works a treat.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 10:41am
Drink about min 3 litres of water or more each day.

trying to lose weight so conscious of the sugar in fruit, would have berries usually frozen rasberries or an apple every day but keeping within my lowcarb diet.

veggies - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, zuccini, radishes, advocado, green beans, broccoli, cauliflour, fermented cabbage.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 10:54am
I always drink 2 litres of water a day, along with my 7 packs of crisps Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic