Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rovers V Liverpool MEGATHRED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rovers V Liverpool MEGATHRED
    Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:11pm
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/hoops-to-hit-jackpot-from-liverpool-feelgood-factor-30143084.html
40,000 tickets already sold.

Please leave your messages of goodwill here for Irelands representitives in what it appears will be the biggest football event in the country this year.
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:12pm
whats a MEGATHRED?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

whats a MEGATHRED?
LOL
Think he meant
Rovers V Liverpool MEGA REDS
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:16pm
I think its homage to a game were an English teams supporters will outnumber a LOI teams supporters by about 10 to 1.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

whats a MEGATHRED?
I'm so excited I am cutting down on A's
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Declanus Declanus wrote:

I think its homage to a game were an English teams supporters will outnumber a LOI teams supporters by about 10 to 1.
You aren't very good at sums....

What bit of Rovers have almost sold 7,000 of 40,000 tickets equates to 10 to 1?

Stop ruining threads with DNS maths. This is about the big one.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:39pm
The pickpocket Derby Wink

Edited by Baldrick - 01 Apr 2014 at 2:40pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:43pm
Meh, i'd rather 3 league points to be honest. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:46pm

Rovers will receive a fixed fee for this game regardless of whether there are 15 thousand there or 50 thousand. 'Hitting the jackpot' is abit OTT.

Poor journalism by the Sindo as usual.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:55pm
Not true Gary.

We get a basic fee and a cut of our 7,000. So we do have a material interest in this selling, which was never in doubt.

"YOUR ONLY HERE TO SEE THE ROVERS"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

That is the small time attitude that is holding this country back.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Not true Gary.

We get a basic fee and a cut of our 7,000. So we do have a material interest in this selling, which was never in doubt.

"YOUR ONLY HERE TO SEE THE ROVERS"
The 7000 yes but not the other 43000.#

"DOES YOUR TELLY KNOW YOU'RE HERE ?"

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:02pm

That is the small time attitude that is holding this country back.

LOL

If you see a circus as being more important than the League, who am i to judge. A day out in a stadium full of plastic english. Nah.

Edited by Jason Kelly - 01 Apr 2014 at 3:06pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:35pm

If you see a circus as being more important than the League, who am i to judge. A day out in a stadium full of plastic english. Nah.
So the exact same as the Ireland games?

Rovers are flying the flag for Irish football in the only manner that counts - against teams from the best league in the world (tm). You should all be hoops for the day.
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:35pm
Fun day out ahead abusing the barstoolers, I would also have no time for Liverpool which makes it all the better. Nice cash boost for all and some of the Liverpool "fans" will end up being hoops out of it. Well done to Rovers and the FAI

Edited by starryplough - 01 Apr 2014 at 4:36pm
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:35pm
Fun day out ahead abusing the barstoolers, I would also have no time for Liverpool which makes it all the better. Nice cash boost for all and some of the Liverpool "fans" will end up being hoops out of it. Well done to Rovers and the FAI

Edited by starryplough - 01 Apr 2014 at 4:36pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:36pm

So the exact same as the Ireland games?

Rovers are flying the flag for Irish football in the only manner that counts - against teams from the best league in the world (tm). You should all be hoops for the day.

I don't go to Ireland home games, i'd think about going if we got england or the other crowd up the road. I go to most aways for the piss up as much as the game. I just couldn't bring myself to fund the CEOs salary. 

Give it a rest with this flying the flag bullsh*t. I supported Rovers in the Europa League Campaign, this is entirely differant. Honestly, if this match was out my back garden, i'd close the curtains.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:43pm
40,000 tickets sold to see liverpool reserve team and yet if Ireland was playing they would be lucky to sell 25,000, disgraceful, something seriously wrong with people in this country. 
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic