You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shaving rash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaving rash
    Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:09pm
What do yis all do to avoid this?

What blades do you use and how often do you change them?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:13pm
the dermalogica kits are good, mu neck does sometimes be ripped to bits after a shave so i tried these and seem to do the job

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:16pm
in the pool tonight and the stubble rubbing off my shoulder as i was doing the front crawl. A side affect i certainly did not see coming. Never bothered me before doing other strokes but once you go over 1500m in the pool it is a pain. 

No tips sorry ger :)
AKA pedantic kunt
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:18pm
Buy DE razor/blades a much better shave compared to the crap gillette etc produce and much cheaper.Also start using a shaving brush and good quality shaving soap .I never get rash ,spots or bumps since I stopped using Mach 3.
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:19pm
king of shaves shaving oil...gilette blue blades..better then rip off Mach, or grow a beard!!
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:21pm
Use Gillete Excel. Used to aways get rashes and nicks and cuts. Started using a hot towel (really hot!) and applying that for about a minute or two before applying shaving foam, then after Nivea after shave balm. Haven't had any rashes since.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:26pm
Cheers gents Thumbs Up

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:28pm
Phillips sensor electric razor, wet and dry shave Thumbs Up
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 10:53pm
Growing a beard at the min so not the best time for my advice but...

Straight razors and safety blades not for everyone. don't ditch the gillette etc.

Use a good brush. Badger hair if ye can afford it. One of the best brands ive used is BlueBeards revenge shaving. They have a fantastic pre shave cream and post shave soother. I like both. Otherwise, go for the really old school london brands shaving soap dishes.

If you're getting spots get an alum block, 5er off amazon. Its a crystal bar of soap sized thing that you wet and put on your face after shaving. Soothes the skin ( will feel like a bit of a burn for a min) and close pores. Magic stuff. Recommend to everyone
@AntrimMan85
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:15pm
Used to get a rash when shaving. Realised it was from shaving foam so switched to the Gilette shaving gel and have had no problems since
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Use a good brush. Badger hair if ye can afford it. One of the best brands ive used is BlueBeards revenge shaving. They have a fantastic pre shave cream and post shave soother. I like both. Otherwise, go for the really old school london brands shaving soap .

I heard that blue beards crowd have a serum that helps make your beard fuller, wonder if it's any use.
The dark side.. And the light
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Use a good brush. Badger hair if ye can afford it. One of the best brands ive used is BlueBeards revenge shaving. They have a fantastic pre shave cream and post shave soother. I like both. Otherwise, go for the really old school london brands shaving soap .

I heard that blue beards crowd have a serum that helps make your beard fuller, wonder if it's any use.

Think its the opposite. Their shaving cream is meant to slow hair growth. Can't say i really noticed though.
@AntrimMan85
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:25am
GerK Im sure you can get your hands on some Nivea products fairly easily 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:48am

Growing a beard at the min so not the best time for my advice but...

Straight razors and safety blades not for everyone. don't ditch the gillette etc.

Use a good brush. Badger hair if ye can afford it. One of the best brands ive used is BlueBeards revenge shaving. They have a fantastic pre shave cream and post shave soother. I like both. Otherwise, go for the really old school london brands shaving soap dishes.

If you're getting spots get an alum block, 5er off amazon. Its a crystal bar of soap sized thing that you wet and put on your face after shaving. Soothes the skin ( will feel like a bit of a burn for a min) and close pores. Magic stuff. Recommend to everyone

would agree with all the above.
proper prep before the shave is the most important part.Buy a brush and good quality shaving soap and try it out for a few shaves ,you should see a difference very quick.Also buy some glycerin and use this post shave,much cheaper and better for the skin that most of those pre shave products.
The safety blades aren't for everyone but I switched to them a few years back and I think they are great once you get used to them and are careful.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 11:17am
Tried everything to avoid this but I can't. My face does be on fire for ages after a shave, so I just stopped shaving
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Tried everything to avoid this but I can't. My face does be on fire for ages after a shave, so I just stopped shaving

Not sure the new look suits you Mark.......but as you say......no rash

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 11:53am
Something like that
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 12:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic