You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish property market

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 48495051>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 7:50pm
2016, was 28, bought with herself  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:02pm
2000 was 21 and bought by myself
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Question for people here that own their own place?

What age were you when you bought it and did you buy by yourself or with your partner?

Wondering what the average age is of a ybig first time buyer.
2016 bought with wife, aged 34

Edited by Shedite - 14 Nov 2020 at 8:09pm
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:13pm
2008, bought by myself. Age 30

Edited by whitesideOnside - 14 Nov 2020 at 11:13pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 11:32pm
I wouldn’t benchmark yourself against others- 

The main thing is the earlier the better. The longer you own your own property the better return you make. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 9:56am
Buy homes, not properties. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 11:03am
Myself and Mrs Claret bought a plot of land in 2004 , i was 44 at the time . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 12:25pm
2015. 32 & bought with my now wife 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 1:55pm
bought in 2017 with other half. Was 33.
The dark side.. And the light
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 3:15pm
Bought very end of 2013 at age 28. Remortgaged 3 years ago and got a house extension
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The main thing is the earlier the better. The longer you own your own property the better return you make. 

you don't make any return, you have a place to live for 30 years, interest, maintenance, taxes, be lucky to break even

be smart and rent cheap, move anywhere whenever you want, invest your money in a business or yourself

do not become a slave to the banks Thumbs Up
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

you don't make any return, you have a place to live for 30 years, interest, maintenance, taxes, be lucky to break even

be smart and rent cheap, move anywhere whenever you want, invest your money in a business or yourself

YEah but most of us planning on lviing beyond 30 years, so once you have your mortgage paid you have a valuable asset, plus rent free for the rest of your days. Unlikely to be able to do that unless you've bought at some point
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:49pm

Be smart and rent so you pay off some other persons mortgage for them. So they buy a house with just 20% deposit and renters pay off their mortgage after 25 years and they now own 100% of the property that has also increased in value. Those guys are fools - they are making loads of money and they don’t even know it. 

You obviously didn’t invest in any education for yourself if you believe that crap you posted.

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:05pm
I wouldn't want to rent in Ireland, it's very high.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:07pm
Was just curious when people purchased. I'm 29 and have a permanent job with a decent wedge. Was looking this year at potential properties. Not sure how anyone could purchase a home on their own these days. 

Ftb mortgage and 10% deposit would probably need around 20-25k savings.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:09pm

I have been paying less on my mortgage for 4 years now than what I would be paying in rent.

So, no, you're wrong with this one.  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:17pm
My mortgage for a 4 bed in Dublin is 1k a month. Can be more than 2k a month to rent a 4 bed in Dublin anyway.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 8:43pm
When did you buy that mcG? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 48495051>
  Share Topic