Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Series 2.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Almost as if you were told all this pre season henry

Told what ? That jnr wasn't good enough ? I've never questioned that but wanted to judge the lad for myself. I said on numerous occasions that I hoped he was coming into join the 21's so he could develop a bit. Roddy is doing the lad no favours by throwing him in there.

Other than that it was poor performance on a poor pitch, that's football we are 2 games in no need to panic
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:32pm
Roddy can't sell him on if he is in the U19's... You keep forgetting everything Roddy does is for Roddy's benefit. You were the dullard posting that this shows Roddy has a great eye for talent etc. you even went as far as surreally saying he had a good game last week. The penny will drop eventually
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

It's only hitting 10am and I'm wound up already - my Facebook is full of lads going on about the United v Liverpool game today. Some of these lads have never been to old Trafford or anfield yet this fixture is life or death for them. Many of them will have to actually walk past the brandywell today to get to the pub .

Rte have done us no favours today up against the gaa next door and one of the biggest fixtures in the EPL and what do we get from them? F all

Agree with this RTE are a joke, your going up with united-Liverpool always gonna effect crowds we go up against Cardiff-Liverpool next week at 3 on Saturday if Liverpool win today it's gonna seriously effect our crowds next week!

Where's the logic in these times?

Ah here, is this going to be the excuse every game now? It might have a tiny affect but seriously if Pats fans are staying away to watch Cardiff Liverpool on the box then I really would question are they even Pats fans.  Your crowd will be terrible because you have a small fanbase, if anything it will be more affected by junior players having matches of their own. In saying that you barely pulled 1,000 for opening home game of the season as champions so it can't get much worse
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:41pm
Big Dan MOM - other than that the game stung the eyeballs out of me bleedin head .
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 7:11pm

Roddy can't sell him on if he is in the U19's... You keep forgetting everything Roddy does is for Roddy's benefit. You were the dullard posting that this shows Roddy has a great eye for talent etc. you even went as far as surreally saying he had a good game last week. The penny will drop eventually

I have never said it shows roddy's eye for talent that is a total fabrication. Go post up where I said it
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 7:13pm
Get off the stage Henry. You spent the entire pre season defending the Panto Dame. When pointed out that he had signed his own son, sure he was for the future. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 7:34pm
Im still behind roddy ffs we''ve only played 2 games in one we got a decent result in other we were poor. Stop making mountains out of molehill s ffs man . Grow up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 7:37pm
I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill, you were the one saying that they were going to play samba football at home. You were the one saying Roddy's signings were going to be world class.  Whoops. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 7:46pm
Find me a post that says samba football or one where I say our signings were world class

If you are just going to make it up as you go along then there is no point continuing this discussion
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Hon Bray!

European football coming back to the carlisle

Edited by Trap for Pope - 16 Mar 2014 at 9:26pm
Living for Away days
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 10:59am

Bohs 0 Drogs 1
Bray 0 Sligo 2
Dundalk 0 Limerick 0

Yeah we are idiots because we get a score in the rovers match wrong! Yet you got 3 wrong too so you are?

Yeah, calling Sligo to do Bray is the same as picking Athlone to turn over Rovers.... Idiot

Yeah a newly promoted home team with a full house playing a mid table team and you think it was impossible they could beat rovers?

And I'm the idiot!!
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

It's only hitting 10am and I'm wound up already - my Facebook is full of lads going on about the United v Liverpool game today. Some of these lads have never been to old Trafford or anfield yet this fixture is life or death for them. Many of them will have to actually walk past the brandywell today to get to the pub .

Rte have done us no favours today up against the gaa next door and one of the biggest fixtures in the EPL and what do we get from them? F all

Agree with this RTE are a joke, your going up with united-Liverpool always gonna effect crowds we go up against Cardiff-Liverpool next week at 3 on Saturday if Liverpool win today it's gonna seriously effect our crowds next week!

Where's the logic in these times?

Ah here, is this going to be the excuse every game now? It might have a tiny affect but seriously if Pats fans are staying away to watch Cardiff Liverpool on the box then I really would question are they even Pats fans.  Your crowd will be terrible because you have a small fanbase, if anything it will be more affected by junior players having matches of their own. In saying that you barely pulled 1,000 for opening home game of the season as champions so it can't get much worse

No excuses for the crowd the weekend it was extremely poor and below what we would normally get at a home game v UCD! And as champions I'd have hoped it would have been better than the average not worse but what can I do.

All the factors in why I think we will have a poor crowd less than 1000 this week, people playing ball, people who organise Fridays off so work Saturdays instead and the Liverpool match lots of our fans also support Liverpool some will go the game some won't! Some will also rather watch both in the pub. It's defiantly an excuse for limerick this weekend.

I'll be there and watching the champions so I'll be happy enough
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 11:30am
Rtid and starryplough spoiling for arguments were there is none to be had. One in the same me thinks
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 12:52pm
There is no spoiling for anything. You spent the whole pre season boring us about how fantastic Roddy was and his signings would be. Then after a brutally dull defensive display you had the audacity to say that was your away gameplan, but it would be tippy tappy at home. Another brutally dull defensive display later and you are denying saying it. It might only be two games in but you are on la la land if you think Derry will compete for the league
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:03pm

There is no spoiling for anything. You spent the whole pre season boring us about how fantastic Roddy was and his signings would be. Then after a brutally dull defensive display you had the audacity to say that was your away gameplan, but it would be tippy tappy at home. Another brutally dull defensive display later and you are denying saying it. It might only be two games in but you are on la la land if you think Derry will compete for the league

You keep attributing these quotes to me yet I have now asked you 3 times to produce them and you have failed. I am happy with roddy's signings bar right back which I have said on numerous occasions. I have also said that I will judge him at the summer break I ccertainly won't judge him after 2 difficult games.

Anyone who knows anythjhg about football recognises that Derry set up for a point against shams, perhaps it's says more about you that you don't

We will be there abouts there abouts in the league, everyone has dropped points, if you think it is decided after 2 games then you are the one in la la land

Now if you can make rational points without lying and misquoting I will respond to you but if you can't then I won't, I have better ways of spending my day

Edited by Stillhuntinghenry - 17 Mar 2014 at 2:04pm
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:06pm
Was the TV game sh*te again this week?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:20pm
Yes. There is a recurring theme. Derry on tv = dire output. 

Hopefully RTE will show the bigger clubs from now on and entertain the masses. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:26pm

You keep attributing these quotes to me yet I have now asked you 3 times to produce them and you have failed. I am happy with roddy's signings bar right back which I have said on numerous occasions. I have also said that I will judge him at the summer break I ccertainly won't judge him after 2 difficult games. 

You are being widely mocked for your sterling defence of Roddy and you did defend Jr's signing when it was pointed out by posters here how far off the standard he is. And he is.

Anyone who knows anythjhg about football recognises that Derry set up for a point against shams, perhaps it's says more about you that you don't  

Hold up. You were the one who initially stated Derry were fantastic from your barstool. It was the people actually at the game who had to tell you that the bus was parked. Now you are claiming you had that insight all along? Mother of Jaysis.

We will be there abouts there abouts in the league, everyone has dropped points, if you think it is decided after 2 games then you are the one in la la land  

Of course not, but after two games you have played hoofball. On current evidence you will have a long, hard season. If you think there will be a sudden change to winning, flowing football, as you have stated there will be, good luck to you.

Now if you can make rational points without lying and misquoting I will respond to you but if you can't then I won't, I have better ways of spending my day

Its not misquoting if you said it. Other Derry fans have managed to be cautiously optimistic, you bought Roddy's bluster hook, line and sinker. You aren't the first, and I fear you won't be the last, but think for yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic