You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attendance Watch
    Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 3:38pm
Good start to the Season. Hopefully we can keep this figure up!

Week 1:

Premier Division:
Cork City: 5,322
Shamrock Rovers: 3,510
Sligo Rovers: 2,600
Drogheda United: 2,007
Limerick FC: 1,307
UCD: 885

--------------------------
First Division:
Galway FC: 2,418
Cobh: 400 (Est)
Finn Harps: 832
Shelbourne: 767

----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 2:

Premier Division:

Bray Wanderers: 550 
Derry City: 1,100
Bohs: 1,657
Pats 2,500 (est)
Athlone ??
Dundalk ??

First Division:

Waterford: 610
Wexford: ??
Longford: ??
Shamrock Rovers: 260

Edited by scottyccfc - 19 Mar 2014 at 1:55pm
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 4:19pm
Galway United: 2,418.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:19pm
Triffic turnout of Galway.

Exceptionally bad for Shels. Back in the old division one days it used to start off with just over 1000 and drop to around 700 mid-season before picking up again. It looks very ominous for the mid-season drop.

I wont be getting to many games myself this season again. On Fridays I spend 4-5 hours on Dublin Bus getting in and out of college. I aint adding another 4 hours in trying to get to Tolka Park and back to my gaff. 8-9 hours in day on Dublin Bus aint healthy.  Hopefully we get Bray and UCD away in the cup.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 10 Mar 2014 at 5:20pm
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 7:38pm
so you give out about shels attendance , but have no intention of going to games yourself.
give yourself a medal LD. 
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

so you give out about shels attendance , but have no intention of going to games yourself.

Where did he give out exactly?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

Where did he give out exactly?

Some people are just cruising for an argument  LOL
Na Firinne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Na Firinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Exceptionally bad for Shels. Back in the old division one days it used to start off with just over 1000 and drop to around 700 mid-season before picking up again. It looks very ominous for the mid-season drop.

I wont be getting to many games myself this season again. On Fridays I spend 4-5 hours on Dublin Bus getting in and out of college. I aint adding another 4 hours in trying to get to Tolka Park and back to my gaff. 8-9 hours in day on Dublin Bus aint healthy.  Hopefully we get Bray and UCD away in the cup.

Do you travel from Balbriggan to Saggart every day on the bus? How the hell can you spend 5 hours on a bus getting to and from college in Dublin?
Ireland's Number 1!!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Na Firinne Na Firinne wrote:

Do you travel from Balbriggan to Saggart every day on the bus? How the hell can you spend 5 hours on a bus getting to and from college in Dublin?

Similar, South of Dun Laoghaire to Blanchardstown. 2 hours out to Blanch if its before 10am (2 1/2 hours if later) and 2 and half hours home. It usually worse on a Friday.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 10 Mar 2014 at 10:01pm
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Na Firinne Na Firinne wrote:

Similar, South of Dun Laoghaire to Blanchardstown. 2 hours out to Blanch if its before 10am (2 1/2 hours if later) and 2 and half hours home. It usually worse on a Friday. 

Would it not make sense to maybe go from Blanch to Tolka on matchday, and then go home after? Looks like the usual rubbish giving out about others not following the league yet making up excuses for your own absence Confused
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Would it not make sense to maybe go from Blanch to Tolka on matchday, and then go home after? Looks like the usual rubbish giving out about others not following the league yet making up excuses for your own absence Confused

Where the fock am I giving out about the attendance? All I did was point out that it was a bad attendance to previous years. Confused

I finish at 1pm on Friday. I'm not hanging around the City Centre until 7 o clock to meet my chum that I go to games with. 

Why the fock am I even having to explain myself?LOL

Edited by Landon Donovan - 10 Mar 2014 at 10:27pm
Na Firinne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Na Firinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:11pm

Where the fock am I giving out about the attendance? All I did was point out that it was a bad attendance to previous years. Confused

I finish at 1pm on Friday. I'm not hanging around the City Centre until 7 o clock to meet my chum that I go to games with. 

Why the fock I am even having to explain myself?LOL

You spend almost twice as long on the bus as you do in college. By your own crude maths you should get back to your gaff by half 3. That gives you over 4 hours to get to Tolka. You have no valid excuse for not supporting them, besides the fact that they are total sh*te. I suspect that's the real reason you can't be arsed.
Ireland's Number 1!!
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:15pm

More excuses, instead of just going to the match. Ultimately you can find ways around a few hours gap, but I guess who ever heard of going to the library in college, or going for pints and a bit of grub with mates before the match to kill some time. Instead we are told because you don't finish in college just before ko that you can't go to the team you supposedly follows games
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:17pm
Focking wierdos LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 10:25pm

your worse for engaging
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:32pm
Did Cork have some sort of ticket deal on for the Pats? The ground looked jam packed on TV. 5,322 could be the league record for the season if Cork are not playing for something at the end of the season. 

Edited by Landon Donovan - 10 Mar 2014 at 11:32pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:38pm
Oddballs
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:40pm

Did Cork have some sort of ticket deal on for the Pats? The ground looked jam packed on TV. 5,322 could be the league record for the season if Cork are not playing for something at the end of the season. 

There was a groupon vocher deal but they sold 400 odd tickets!
Just alot of marketing and buzz around! If we can get a good result against Derry and Bray Id say we could top it against Rovers in a few weeks.

1,009 at the League Cup game against Limerick tonight!
Not a bad attendance considering its a Monday cup game, freezing cold and two days after a league match!

Edited by scottyccfc - 10 Mar 2014 at 11:41pm
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 11:47pm
Pathetic excuse, but why bore everybody else with your tedious excuses as to why you cannot bother to support your team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic