You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 185>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 7:04am
All the hype, build up and effort only to pull out at last minute sounds like my sex life
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:07am
Mendes could cause mcgregor sone bother. For past 6 months mcgregor been training to compete against Aldo who's main weapon is his kicks, now he has 10 days to get mentally ready for Mendes who will try to test mcgregor with his takedown ability and his wrestling style

Hopefully mcgregor can get the win as Mendes has already had 2 cracks at Aldo for the title, although dobt think they be able to replicate the hype around a unification fight if mcgregor does beat Mendes
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:09am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

All the hype, build up and effort only to pull out at last minute sounds like my sex life

Why don't you just ask them to wear a condom?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:22am
Was talking to an SBG fighter on Sunday and he was saying that the wrestling coach McGregor is working with now is world class. But Mendes is the elite though, isn't he. He can sure as hell take a punch as well, Aldo Mendes II proved that.

Disappointed it's off but this will be a cracker too. As said, UFC creaming themself for a McGregor win with Aldo due to return around October, I think they were saying?

Also, man has urine sample destroyed, then pulls out of fight with hurt rib.. The mind does tend to get suspicious...

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:08am
The biggest change in Conor's mindset right now is he has 8 days to come up with a completely new gameplan;

Aldo was all about a passive BJJ game, he was extremely good at it
Mendes is all about punching you in the face as hard as he can.

A slight difference in fighting styles LOL
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:52am
I suppose the positives in this are that if he takes Mendes down then he'll have clearly earnt a shot at Aldo. No-one can whinge that it's all hype and that he's been fast tracked to a title shot just to boost UFC's coffers.

Very disappointing that he won't be taking on John Aldridge but should be a great fight none-the-less.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:54am
It's hard to know what's more amusing. Actual, fully grown adults apparently feeling "devastated" that some steroid-ridden freak has pulled out of some choreographed pantomime of a "fight", or actual, fully grown adults apparently seriously discussing the merits of possible replacement participants in said pantomime as if it's an actual sport. Strange, strange people.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 11:22am
Ufc says tickets will go on sale for UFC Dublin on Sept 4th for the event taking place in the 3Arena on the 24th Oct .
Ireland are playing the 4th in Faro v Gibraltar just in case ye are thinking of getting tickets
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Ufc says tickets will go on sale for UFC Dublin on Sept 4th for the event taking place in the 3Arena on the 24th Oct .
Ireland are playing the 4th in Faro v Gibraltar just in case ye are thinking of getting tickets

Don't expect McGregor to be there. If he wins his next fight will be at the same venue in Vegas in October.

I can imagine Joe Duffy, Cathel Pandred etc to be there though.

Speaking of Joe Duffy if McGregor wins I fully expect him to enter the Featherweight division - McGregor vs Duffy at Croke Park would be the dream scenario.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:16pm
@Coyne - I don't think McGregor will be there either to be honest . The money is in Vegas but do you think there is enough interest to fill the 3Arena if McGregor is not on the card . 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:17pm
flash dub v angry donegal man

he would probably have jim mc guinness in the corner
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Why don't you just ask them to wear a condom?

I like feeling of something exploding inside me
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It's hard to know what's more amusing. Actual, fully grown adults apparently feeling "devastated" that some steroid-ridden freak has pulled out of some choreographed pantomime of a "fight", or actual, fully grown adults apparently seriously discussing the merits of possible replacement participants in said pantomime as if it's an actual sport. Strange, strange people.

Sid, we get it. You don't like MMA. That's ok. No one here cares.

Nothing perplexes me more than seeing someone with an unstoppable need to pop in to a thread to tell everybody in said thread, how little interest in, or like they have for the thread topic.

Thanks for the input, but your posts aren't enriching anyone in here, least of all you. 

You're smarter than that. Thumbs Up

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:28pm
Here is a genuine question - Have been a boxing fan all of my life and have taken an small interest in UFC mainly down to McGregor though I'm struggling to be able to tolerate his verbal nonsense anymore.
Now, the boxing system has loads of flaws mainly down to the multiple organisations and how they can rank about (WBA had a bloke in their June rankings who had unfortunately died some time earlier) but at the same time, the multiple organisations mean that generally the best guys do make it to the top as if one organisation were to artificially rank somebody, the others wouldn't etc.
In the UFC, is it solely at the discretion of Dana White & Co where people are ranked ? For example, lets imagine McGregor is beaten by Mendes. In boxing, you'd probably have to have 2 or 3 fights to rebuild before getting another world title shot. In the UFC, could they still rank him at his current ranking and throw him in with Aldo next time if they felt like it ??

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Here is a genuine question - Have been a boxing fan all of my life and have taken an small interest in UFC mainly down to McGregor though I'm struggling to be able to tolerate his verbal nonsense anymore.
Now, the boxing system has loads of flaws mainly down to the multiple organisations and how they can rank about (WBA had a bloke in their June rankings who had unfortunately died some time earlier) but at the same time, the multiple organisations mean that generally the best guys do make it to the top as if one organisation were to artificially rank somebody, the others wouldn't etc.
In the UFC, is it solely at the discretion of Dana White & Co where people are ranked ? For example, lets imagine McGregor is beaten by Mendes. In boxing, you'd probably have to have 2 or 3 fights to rebuild before getting another world title shot. In the UFC, could they still rank him at his current ranking and throw him in with Aldo next time if they felt like it ??

Yes and yes.

There is no individual federations who have their own rankings in UFC. Just their own official rankings. 

Conor is currently Ranked #4 in his division, which was the main criticism about him getting his title shot with Aldo - People thought he should of went through Ricardo Lamas and Ched Mandes who are #2 and #3 respectively beforehand.

Edited by coyne - 01 Jul 2015 at 2:46pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Sid, we get it. You don't like MMA. That's ok. No one here cares.

Nothing perplexes me more than seeing someone with an unstoppable need to pop in to a thread to tell everybody in said thread, how little interest in, or like they have for the thread topic.

Thanks for the input, but your posts aren't enriching anyone in here, least of all you. 

You're smarter than that. Thumbs Up

I derive satisfaction from ridiculing UFC fans and will continue to do so.

UFC is a ridiculous activity generally followed by simpletons who read Joe.ie and post up sh*t "viral" videos on their Facebook pages.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:11pm
Grand, so. If you obtain your kicks from ridiculing something you couldn't "give a sh*t" about, then who am I to get in your way?

Personally, I've never read Joe.ie in my life (as far as I know) and don't have a facebook page either, but ya know, much easier just to pigeon hole and label. 

Quick question for you, do you think boxing is a ridiculous activity?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:28pm

Grand, so. If you obtain your kicks from ridiculing something you couldn't "give a sh*t" about, then who am I to get in your way?

Personally, I've never read Joe.ie in my life (as far as I know) and don't have a facebook page either, but ya know, much easier just to pigeon hole and label. 
Absolutely. And I'll continue to pigeon hole and label, because it clearly annoys you.

Quick question for you, do you think boxing is a ridiculous activity?

No. Boxing is a sport.

UFC is not a sport.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 185>
  Share Topic