You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 185>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Just watched back the Garry fight. Completely out struck Green. Good combinations and speed, just lacking that bit of power. Was wobbled a bit at the end of the 2nd but then dropped Green at the start of the 2nd. The power might develop as he gets older, still very young.

Masterclass from Volkanovski.

He strolled through it, never looked in trouble. Looking forward to seeing him properly tested. If the rubbish in his personal life doesn't derail him, he can go very far.
I hope he gets a very slow push. Way too early to give him big names yet.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 7:33am

Just watched back the Garry fight. Completely out struck Green. Good combinations and speed, just lacking that bit of power. Was wobbled a bit at the end of the 2nd but then dropped Green at the start of the 2nd. The power might develop as he gets older, still very young.

He strolled through it, never looked in trouble. Looking forward to seeing him properly tested. If the rubbish in his personal life doesn't derail him, he can go very far.

Looked in trouble at the end of the 2nd round. 

Agree that he shouldn't be moved up too quickly. He'll do well if he's matched correctly.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 11:05am

Looked in trouble at the end of the 2nd round. 

Agree that he shouldn't be moved up too quickly. He'll do well if he's matched correctly.

I don't remember him looking in too much danger, but I could be wrong. I'd like to see him fight someone like Matt Brown next, a good few years past his best but an experienced veteran would be a good test for Garry.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 3:42pm
Jan talking about losing 20 pounds and rematching Izzy at 185 for the belt. The man does carry a fair bit of fat but that seems a stretch. He's absolutely huge..

Makes me think. Could Gaethje cut to featherweight? From what I've heard and seen he's always been comfortable making 155 and that's why his cardio is so good.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 8:12am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Jan talking about losing 20 pounds and rematching Izzy at 185 for the belt. The man does carry a fair bit of fat but that seems a stretch. He's absolutely huge..

Makes me think. Could Gaethje cut to featherweight? From what I've heard and seen he's always been comfortable making 155 and that's why his cardio is so good.

I'd say he probably could but doesn't want to give up the power, cardio and durability he has at lightweight. It's definitely more realistic than Blachowicz making 185.

Decent main card tonight starting at 7, main event should be a great fight
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:54am
Pena got absolutely smashed tonight. Nunes back to her best.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 12:28pm
Completely over matched. Watching Pena getting dropped repeatedly for coming forward with her eyes closed, I still think the first fight stinks
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:53pm

Completely over matched. Watching Pena getting dropped repeatedly for coming forward with her eyes closed, I still think the first fight stinks

You think it was a setup?
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:09pm

You think it was a setup?

I have some doubts. Maybe it was the injury or covid or just an off night, but there was a lot to swallow in the first fight. A bjj black belt tapping from a choke with no hooks in, not even under the chin and a dominant champion who looked very happy to lose the belt.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:21pm
I think she was just gassed after a bad camp and effectively quit after taking a few bad shots
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 4:48am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think she was just gassed after a bad camp and effectively quit after taking a few bad shots
I think so too. She lost motivation and hardly trained imo. Even despite that she almost knocked her out early on.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 12:11am
Diaz always claims he's the only real fighter in the UFC. Real as in gangster. Now he's ruling out a catch-weight to fight Khamzat after he missed weight. Fair enough but didn't McGregor agree to fight him at a 165 catch-weight when dos anjos pulled out before agreeing to 170 when Diaz said he needed more leeway with the late notice. 

Talking absolute horse sh*t as usual and I'm a fan of Diaz. But that's what makes him entertaining along with his fights. Mad character altogether.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 12:20am
Fighting Ferguson now. Actually has a chance of a win now
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 1:02am

Reckon this was all a setup? I'm even more hyped for the match ups now. And it's been plastered all over my feed the drama. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 5:33am

Diaz always claims he's the only real fighter in the UFC. Real as in gangster. Now he's ruling out a catch-weight to fight Khamzat after he missed weight. Fair enough but didn't McGregor agree to fight him at a 165 catch-weight when dos anjos pulled out before agreeing to 170 when Diaz said he needed more leeway with the late notice. 

Talking absolute horse sh*t as usual and I'm a fan of Diaz. But that's what makes him entertaining along with his fights. Mad character altogether.

Ah in fairness Khamzat missing weight by so much is a pure sh*thouse move. Not one bit apologetic about it either. It's completely unprofessional. Hope Holland smashes him now.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 8:46am

Reckon this was all a setup? I'm even more hyped for the match ups now. And it's been plastered all over my feed the drama. 

It's a more exciting fight for me anyway. I felt like Diaz was being fed to Khamzat for being so outspoken against UFC. He would have given it a good go but for me it was a bit of mismatch.
Feeguson us a big name and off the back of a few defeats now so not at his peak like Diaz so it should be a great dust up now. Could see Diaz maybe even winning. 

Khamzat vs. Holland also looks very intriguing now after their beef. 

I am defo more up for the PPV now. Don't think it was a set up but a happy coincidence 

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 10:13am
The fight nobody wanted, nobody will get. It was all just a set up to send him off with a loss anyway. Ferguson is much more interesting fight, much better fighter than Diaz but has looked horrible the last few years. Diaz doesn't have the power to trouble Ferguson and from his pre-fight (Chimaev) comments doesn't have much appetite for fighting either - I'm backing Ferguson in that one.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 12:09pm
I'm backing Ferguson as well. It's probably an ideal fight for him actually to take down a big star and get back on the winning side
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 185>
  Share Topic