You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 185>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:07am
He's popular because he makes the fights people want to see. He absolutely screws 95% of fighters with the money they offer though. 

As for Masvidal, he's been very quiet since the elections.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 4:51pm
1.6M+ PPV's announced. That's a big number but is it US figures only? A very weak card too so carried entirely by Mcgregors fight. Diaz Trilogy will do bigger numbers.

If that's US only that's over 110M in revenue. I struggle to see with his cut of the PPV how he'd make under 40M for this fight unless he took a pay cut. No Gate either and with Mcgregor that's always over 10M. But not guarantee there will be a full arena for his next fight. It would be a shame to have a Diaz Trilogy without a full crowd. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:25pm
Ben Askren fighting Jake Paul in a Boxing match ffs Embarrassed

Askren's stand up game is probably worse than a White Collar Boxer, the only fight where you could see the pro lose.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

1.6M+ PPV's announced. That's a big number but is it US figures only? A very weak card too so carried entirely by Mcgregors fight. Diaz Trilogy will do bigger numbers.

If that's US only that's over 110M in revenue. I struggle to see with his cut of the PPV how he'd make under 40M for this fight unless he took a pay cut. No Gate either and with Mcgregor that's always over 10M. But not guarantee there will be a full arena for his next fight. It would be a shame to have a Diaz Trilogy without a full crowd. 

How would the gate takings add up to $10m? If the attendance was 10000 then the average ticket price would need to $1000. I would assume the top tickets might be priced at that amount but the standard ticket might be $70-100?
El Puto Amo
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

How would the gate takings add up to $10m? If the attendance was 10000 then the average ticket price would need to $1000. I would assume the top tickets might be priced at that amount but the standard ticket might be $70-100?
There must be celebrities paying an absolute fortune. Khabib vs mcgregor live gate 17M ffs! Mcgregor vs cowboy 11M. Against Aldo 10M. The live gate I'm sure adds nicely to his earnings. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:22pm

Interesting.Thats some amount of money
El Puto Amo
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:09am

If he ever fought in croker for a big fight they'd probably do a gate over $40M.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:09am

If he ever fought in croker for a big fight they'd probably do a gate over $40M.

Really? Unless there would be a big influx of people coming from abroad to watch him, I doubt his dropping popularity in Ireland would see him close to filling the place. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:11am
You could put 'Bosco- The Musical" in Croke Park and you would have a full house three nights running.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You could put 'Bosco- The Musical" in Croke Park and you would have a full house three nights running.
Just got 4 tickets
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Really? Unless there would be a big influx of people coming from abroad to watch him, I doubt his dropping popularity in Ireland would see him close to filling the place. 

One of my mates bought 12000 cowboy hats in advance of the Garth Brooks gigs that never happened 7 years ago. He had to lace each one individually as the strings weren't attached LOL
El Puto Amo
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:33am
LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:37am

One of my mates bought 12000 cowboy hats in advance of the Garth Brooks gigs that never happened 7 years ago. He had to lace each one individually as the strings weren't attached LOL

LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL

Not UFC related but I'd love to see Katy Taylor defend her belts next year in croker or the Aviva. I reckon they could sell out. And I'm not sure how long we'd have to wait for a female athlete to pull off something similar.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:35pm

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:48am
Jaysus how good was Usman. A stiffer jab than any vaccine given out lately LOL

Helwani has been saying they’re looking to make the Masvidal rematch as part of the new TUF series they’re filming soon.
Was meant to be Team Colby v Team Gamebred but the promo Usman cut has perhaps changed their minds 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Jaysus how good was Usman. A stiffer jab than any vaccine given out lately LOL

Helwani has been saying they’re looking to make the Masvidal rematch as part of the new TUF series they’re filming soon.
Was meant to be Team Colby v Team Gamebred but the promo Usman cut has perhaps changed their minds 
Some performance alright. Masvidal and Colby rematches should both be entertaining and probably the biggest match ups he can do ppv wise but I still see usman edging them. Maybe wonderboy if he wins his next fight. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:34am
First time a UFC title has changed hands because of a DQ. Malicious and nasty.

Ref "He's a downed fighter"
"You can't do that"

Knees him in the face anyways LOL

Edited by coyne - 07 Mar 2021 at 6:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 185>
  Share Topic