You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 185>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 11:53pm
Big fight this weekend now khabib vs. Gaethje. 

Pissed off that its on box office here though, few other good fights but can't see too many splashing out on it. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:14am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Pissed off that its on box office here though, few other good fights but can't see too many splashing out on it. 

It'll get big numbers. Tony v Gaethje was the biggest buy since McGregor v Khabib and that was box office and behind closed doors 

It's a very reduced card but it was originally going to be a huge Dagestani card all from Khabib's camp - RDA tested positive who was meant to fighting Makachev, younger brother Umar blew his load too early in the sauna's trying to cut weight.

Worth noting Bellator champion Michael Chandler has travelled with the fighters incase anything goes wrong in the main event which is always a possibility when you're cutting weight and travelling halfway across the planet.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 8:12am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It'll get big numbers. Tony v Gaethje was the biggest buy since McGregor v Khabib and that was box office and behind closed doors 

It's a very reduced card but it was originally going to be a huge Dagestani card all from Khabib's camp - RDA tested positive who was meant to fighting Makachev, younger brother Umar blew his load too early in the sauna's trying to cut weight.

Worth noting Bellator champion Michael Chandler has travelled with the fighters incase anything goes wrong in the main event which is always a possibility when you're cutting weight and travelling halfway across the planet.

In general a big fight but in UK and Ireland with that as the only fight that stands out, not sure there will be loads who will fork out the 30 sheets. I'll be looking for stream 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 1:56pm
Anyone know what would be a reliable stream for the fight later?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:45pm
I always use VIPLeague for streams. HD also.

Starts in 15 minutes time, best Saturday ever Cool
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:38pm
How do you get passed all the ads and into the video?
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 7:48pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:05pm
First card in about 3 years that I've had to stay up for. Main cards are usually on at about 7:30am here on Sunday mornings. Mostly finishes so far which is speeding things along nicely.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:38pm
Khabib retiring is definitely the biggest shock of the night.

Tony v Justin rematch is the fight to make for the belt. As dominant Justin was for that fight, Tony trained for 10 weeks preparing for a grappler and got a stand-up so it warrants a rematch.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Khabib retiring is definitely the biggest shock of the night.

Tony v Justin rematch is the fight to make for the belt. As dominant Justin was for that fight, Tony trained for 10 weeks preparing for a grappler and got a stand-up so it warrants a rematch.

I went out with his sister Donna
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 3:39pm
Chuck Liddell thinks Khabib may be scared of any potential rematch with Conor.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 3:48pm
Interesting to see how McGregor fairs out this weekend back at 155 against another top lightweight in Poirier.

All the noise coming from the camp is that he has been focused and training very hard the last year, but they said the same thing ahead of Khabib only to turnaround later and say he was drinking all the time before the that fight. 

I'm always conflicted when it comes to mcgregor. Its hard not to get behind him when it comes to him fighting. My patriotism blacks out the negatives about him 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 3:49pm
Wont be watching but hope he gets the head pulled off him tbh
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 3:53pm

Interesting to see how McGregor fairs out this weekend back at 155 against another top lightweight in Poirier.

All the noise coming from the camp is that he has been focused and training very hard the last year, but they said the same thing ahead of Khabib only to turnaround later and say he was drinking all the time before the that fight. 

I'm always conflicted when it comes to mcgregor. Its hard not to get behind him when it comes to him fighting. My patriotism blacks out the negatives about him 

I get that. I keep thinking about what a horrible human being he is and then I remember how much his Irishness triggers other UFC fighters and a segment of American MMA fans and that overrides everything else.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:01pm
What time is this on? Lads in work arguing over it. Conflicting times when you google it. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:12pm
Around 4.30am in the morning! Times to suit the American audience.

Last weeks timing was great and what a performance from Max Holloway, one of the best I have ever seen.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I get that. I keep thinking about what a horrible human being he is and then I remember how much his Irishness triggers other UFC fighters and a segment of American MMA fans and that overrides everything else.

Does it really? I think it's his arrogance that  triggers others.
I hope he gets battered also. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 4:15pm
Havnt there been recent fights in the same venue but at normal times here. 9pm etc?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 185>
  Share Topic