You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 185>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 9:33am
Strange presser last night.

Conor being nice to people complimenting people and giving them hugs and sh*t. I’m not sure I like this version of him. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Conor being nice to people complimenting people and giving them hugs and sh*t. I’m not sure I like this version of him. 

I know I much preferred when he was a w**ker LOL, still love him though. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The reaction to a journalist asking legitimate questions about the allegations around him leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Booed out of the building and both Cerrone and Dana White ganging up on him.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Wonder have them allegations just gone away? Would he be left leave the country if he was likely to be charged with anything?

Would love to see the head slapped off him on saturday Thumbs Up
Here we go again
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm
it’s a weird one for me this Saturday night. 
Despite the allegations and known actions/crimes that McGregor has committed, the knowledge that he has acted quite despicably and is probably not a nice guy and the fact that I generally do like and respect cowboy, my allegiance is still with McGregor. I don’t know but I guess him being Irish and fighting under our flag, my mind and soul looks past everything else. Maybe it’s because some of the more serious alleged crimes are just that ‘alleged’ and the ‘victim’ is faceless, to me anyway. But anyway, that is how my thinking is heading into the weekend and looking forward to ordering the fight and stay up with a few beers and I guess I will just have a little whisper to myself of “come on McGregor”

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Jan 2020 at 12:31pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 12:37pm
Said it before and will say it again - McGregor is the only Irish sportsperson I've ever wanted to lose. So I hope he loses again at the weekend. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Said it before and will say it again - McGregor is the only Irish sportsperson I've ever wanted to lose. So I hope he loses again at the weekend. 

+1

He's an absolute knacker. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

+1

He's an absolute knacker. 
ClapClap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Despite the allegations and known actions/crimes that McGregor has committed, the knowledge that he has acted quite despicably and is probably not a nice guy and the fact that I generally do like and respect cowboy, my allegiance is still with McGregor. I don’t know but I guess him being Irish and fighting under our flag, my mind and soul looks past everything else. Maybe it’s because some of the more serious alleged crimes are just that ‘alleged’ and the ‘victim’ is faceless, to me anyway. But anyway, that is how my thinking is heading into the weekend and looking forward to ordering the fight and stay up with a few beers and I guess I will just have a little whisper to myself of “come on McGregor”

f**k him. He's nothing but a ****. 

There's absolutely nothing this guy can do to redeem himself. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:05pm
Out of genuine curiosity McG, do you have the same sort of opinion for Mike Tyson, for example? He has probably redeemed himself in the eyes of the public despite all the things he did in the past.

The UFC can spin the redemption narrative all they like, but McGregor's fan base, especially in Ireland, is as low as it has been since his debut in the UFC. And deservedly so.

But people are fickle, and it will only take a couple of wins and the perception of a changed man (which I highly doubt), and his support will be back to previous levels.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What did he do exactly?

Most of us would probably go of the rails a bit after going from rags to riches.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Out of genuine curiosity McG, do you have the same sort of opinion for Mike Tyson, for example? He has probably redeemed himself in the eyes of the public despite all the things he did in the past.

The UFC can spin the redemption narrative all they like, but McGregor's fan base, especially in Ireland, is as low as it has been since his debut in the UFC. And deservedly so.

But people are fickle, and it will only take a couple of wins and the perception of a changed man (which I highly doubt), and his support will be back to previous levels.
I wouldn’t be comparing Tyson to this prick. A vile racist and rapist who just happens to be half good at chip shop fighting. I want be watching it, but I hope he ends up in hospital or, better still, a graveyard.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Genuinely not in a position to compare. I dont know enough about Tyson but i know enough about McG Embarrassed
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What did he do exactly?

Most of us would probably go of the rails a bit after going from rags to riches.

What do you mean, what did he do exactly? Have you read reports and allegations? 

Going off the rails a bit? Going off the rails a bit would be mild behaviour compared to his own. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:43pm
When did he rape someone as these are just allegations at this point and when has he been racist? He’s been discriminatory and prejudiced against the muslim faith by blatantly offering him alcohol.

If you’re gonna beat someone down atleast stick to the facts.

He knows the Irish fanbase are sick of him hence the wierd uncomfortable nice guy act. The pub incident was probably the turning point, an interview with Ariel Helwani after that he was speaking about going against everything he stood for at that moment, it was a weak interview as you could tell he had a pre-written script but he’s sticking with this new persona for now 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:49pm
He referred to a Muslim woman as a towel and called an African-American boy. He called a Japanese kickboxer “Jackie Chan”, told a Nrazilian he would “kill everyone in his favela” and “turn into a sweatshop”.
Allegations also go away with money. A vile prick.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:54pm
Calling a Japanese fighter Jackie Chan is not racism, it's stereotyping LOL It's like a non Irishman calling an Irishman a leprechaun. 

Neither is telling a man from Rio de Janiero that he was going to kill everyone in his favela's, that's just mocking his home town for its notoriously known slums, again stereotyping LOL

The towel comment is bad however...

It's easy to make allegations of that nature against people, regardless what sport they're in - See Cristiano Ronaldo.

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
This is what is wrong with the world, people get accused of something and people who have absolutely no knowledge about anything take it as fact that it happened.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 185>
  Share Topic