You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 185>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:05am

It seems the penny has dropped for a lot of Irish, and McGregor-mania is finally dying down. Many are finally seeing him for the utter scumbag that he always was.

He "retired" last week and no-one really cared.

What does he want another fight for if he's retired? Why would he want to fight this fella again anyway who totally schooled him in his last fight? Why does he constantly resort to racist language and abuse of women? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:13am
I honestly think that if he had beaten Khabib, a lot of his behaviour would have been glossed over by his fans, in much the way Tyson's behaviour during the peak of his career was.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:22am
i'd leave your wan from ISIS back into the country before McGregor 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I honestly think that if he had beaten Khabib, a lot of his behaviour would have been glossed over by his fans, in much the way Tyson's behaviour during the peak of his career was.
Agreed and I think his behaviour would get even worse as his fans would be praising him more then ever for the way he went about Khabib. His fanbase in the US, Britain and Australia love him more then ever. Ireland is very different however and he's lost a lot of goodwill. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:20am
2 great main events in UFC 236. The 5th round of Adesanya and Gastelum was ridiculous, I don't know how the ref didn't stop it. Surprised the score cards for Poirier and Holloway were as wide as they were.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:45am
Holloway realising now mcgregor wasn't so bad after all. He's probably dreading the idea of having to keep doing that 145 weight cut if he wants to remain champ. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:04pm
Still can't get over how good this debut was on Saturday, probably the most flawless performance you'll ever see in the UFC, against a well respected veteran too.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 11:10pm
Artem vs paulie Malignaggi in bare knuckle fighting championship tomorrow night.
Should be interesting spectacle,  but also should be pretty one sided too. In Malignaggi. If Malignaggi was to lose he would never live it down!

Edited by t_rAndy - 21 Jun 2019 at 11:11pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 12:30am
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Bareknuckle is out of Paulie’s comfort zone hopefully Artem gives him a proper hiding.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 9:12am
Hope Paulie gets a baiting. As respected as he is as an analyst with Showtime and Sky, his behaviour since the infamous sparring session with McGregor has been bizarre and, at times, disgusting, culminating with spitting in Lobov's face a few weeks ago. Something he seems weirdly proud of.

I just don't get what's in this for him. He's done well for himself since retirement, and it's not as if winning this is going to surpass his achievement at being a two-time world champion. 

He had weak enough hands wearing 8 oz gloves, I'd be very surprised if his hands dont break within a couple of rounds. 

As farcical as it is, I'll still watch it.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 9:42am

Hope Paulie gets a baiting. As respected as he is as an analyst with Showtime and Sky, his behaviour since the infamous sparring session with McGregor has been bizarre and, at times, disgusting, culminating with spitting in Lobov's face a few weeks ago. Something he seems weirdly proud of.

I just don't get what's in this for him. He's done well for himself since retirement, and it's not as if winning this is going to surpass his achievement at being a two-time world champion. 

He had weak enough hands wearing 8 oz gloves, I'd be very surprised if his hands dont break within a couple of rounds. 

If he wins, he gets to call out McGregor again in the hope of getting one last massive pay day. McGregor not washed up enough yet to entertain it. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 2:38pm
I don't understand how Bare Knuckle is considered to be safer than Boxing, can someone explain?

The state of their faces at the end of the fights man Dead
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 2:54pm
I don't think anybody considers it safer. Surely not.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

If he wins, he gets to call out McGregor again in the hope of getting one last massive pay day. McGregor not washed up enough yet to entertain it. 

Id say conor would whip him
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Id say conor would whip him
Why, is he black?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I don't think anybody considers it safer. Surely not.

Apparently a Boxing glove has more long term health risks than a bare knuckle to the opponent. 

The flipside is the exact opposite, bare knuckle has alot more risks to your knuckles (obviously) than a glove but I think most would rather have a f**ked knuckle than brain damage.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 6:43pm
That doesn’t seem logical. Surely any short or long term damage is increased by power and impact which can get only be worse if wearing no gloves where you don’t have a bit of a cushion  Unless there is something behind the extra weight and maybe stability of the hand connecting with a glove actually leads to a higher impact. What is the science behind it?

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 10:57pm
10 oz gloves barely have any cushion which is an important factor. It’s just pure cow hide leather which is arguably stronger than bone

I’ve been concussed from sparring people wearing 10 oz gloves, people like Mayweather always demanded his fights at 16 oz. I just don’t see the point in 10 or 12 oz gloves, not only are you causing damage to your own hands but also to the other person 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 185>
  Share Topic