You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 185>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 2:32pm
Isn't Ben retired?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:16pm
Think he's still tied to One FC too. A lot of the MMA experts (Rogan, Schuab etc) think he'd be the man to put it up to Khabib. It would be one boring fight for the event junkies though LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:17pm
Pettis/Ferguson was a great fight just a pity Pettis broke his hand earlier in the fight and we didn't get to see a third round.

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:28pm
https://www.rte.ie/sport/mma/2018/1008/1001747-mcgregor-claims-he-won-the-battle-in-the-wake-of-loss/

LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:36pm
I rewatched the fight without commentary and felt it wasn't anywhere near as one sided as i first thought.

Khabib won the 1st round without doing much, just controlled McGregor. 2nd round yes he dominated but his ground and pound didn't actually do much damage. A lot of missed shots, blocked or just hitting the arms and chest. Conor won round 3 and was starting round 4 in the same fashion until another takedown. He got caught in trying to get back to his feet, knowing another round under Khabib would mean he'd need a 5th round ko.

I think a rematch is quite possible (which he's looking for right away) and McGregor still would have a chance to win, Khabib would still be the clear favourite.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:39am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I rewatched the fight without commentary and felt it wasn't anywhere near as one sided as i first thought.

Khabib won the 1st round without doing much, just controlled McGregor. 2nd round yes he dominated but his ground and pound didn't actually do much damage. A lot of missed shots, blocked or just hitting the arms and chest. Conor won round 3 and was starting round 4 in the same fashion until another takedown. He got caught in trying to get back to his feet, knowing another round under Khabib would mean he'd need a 5th round ko.

I think a rematch is quite possible (which he's looking for right away) and McGregor still would have a chance to win, Khabib would still be the clear favourite.

Please god not right away. For heavens sake Tony deserves his title shot. Only scenario mcgregor should fight for the belt again is if khabib is suspended long enough to get stripped and its mcgregor v Tony. Still would rather mcgregor v diaz 3 next. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:09am

2nd round aside, it definitely was nowhere near as bad as the beatings that Iaquinta, Barboza, and Johnson have taken from Khabib. McGregor's problem was he was so flat footed coming in, it was easier for Khabib to get inside his range.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling a story is going to emerge about an injury he suffered before the fight. Not that he's one to make excuses after a loss, as was seen in the first Diaz fight when it was rumoured he had a staph infection going into the fight.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:31am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

2nd round aside, it definitely was nowhere near as bad as the beatings that Iaquinta, Barboza, and Johnson have taken from Khabib. McGregor's problem was he was so flat footed coming in, it was easier for Khabib to get inside his range.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling a story is going to emerge about an injury he suffered before the fight. Not that he's one to make excuses after a loss, as was seen in the first Diaz fight when it was rumoured he had a staph infection going into the fight.

I doubt he was injured. Ring rush much more likely. Plus he picked the hardest possible return fight after such a long absence. Sometimes mcgregors ego is his downfall. Fighting nate at 170 on short notice was another example. Diaz mcgregor 3 next paddy's weekend hopefully. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:49am
John Kavanagh on Joe Rogan's podcast today, will be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:50am

John Kavanagh on Joe Rogan's podcast today, will be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.

Was he not on last night?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:16am
Was available in my podcasts today but ye he was on last night.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:21am

another absolute bellend 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:52am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

another absolute bellend 

Let me guess, because he's a dub?

John actually seems like a very sound level headed individual to be fair
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:57am

another absolute bellend 

Who exactly do you like?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

another absolute bellend 

Who exactly do you like?

Roy Keane and John Mullane 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:54pm
John Kavanagh is a gent and he came across as a gent on Joe Rogan's podcast. No matter how much you hate mcgregor it would be hard to hate kavanagh. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

John Kavanagh is a gent and he came across as a gent on Joe Rogan's podcast. No matter how much you hate mcgregor it would be hard to hate kavanagh. 

His brother is a twat though.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

His brother is a twat though.
His auntie Mary is the worst of all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 185>
  Share Topic