You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 185>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:36am
Fine start to a fine card
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:21am
Shouldn't of gone ahead really especially after Souza tested positive C19 and was at the weigh ins

But it's live sport, who's to f**kin complain LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:52am
impressive from Gaethje. Always respected him on his way up but now seeing him with the elite too, man is a savage. Hard to see who beats him.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 7:50am
Apart from the first fight on the main card, the 4 other fights were excellent, stoppages in each one too.

Cruz has little room for complaint, he was taking a lot of shots. And to be fair to the ref, it seemed like he had made his decision to stop the fight before Cruz started to try and get up.

Ngannou's power is ridiculous.

Brilliant performance from Gaethje. That's the end of the Tony vs Khabib saga now. I doubt he'll say it but I wouldn't be surprised if Tony had done one (if not both) of his knees in training. He wasn't moving right from the very start, no spinning elbows, etc which would lead me to believe his knees were f*cked. I'll wait for Eddie Bravo to say it on JRE.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Apart from the first fight on the main card, the 4 other fights were excellent, stoppages in each one too.

Cruz has little room for complaint, he was taking a lot of shots. And to be fair to the ref, it seemed like he had made his decision to stop the fight before Cruz started to try and get up.

Ngannou's power is ridiculous.

Brilliant performance from Gaethje. That's the end of the Tony vs Khabib saga now. I doubt he'll say it but I wouldn't be surprised if Tony had done one (if not both) of his knees in training. He wasn't moving right from the very start, no spinning elbows, etc which would lead me to believe his knees were f*cked. I'll wait for Eddie Bravo to say it on JRE.

Excellent point. I believe 2 weight cuts did this - He made a bet against himself that he'd hit 155 for his fight which was cancelled 2 weeks ago, which he knew about being cancelled.

That is Tony Ferguson in a nutshell - He makes money bets with himself and weight cuts for a fight which isn't happening LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 5:01pm
Ye I'd actually forgotten about the 2 weight cuts. Can't have been beneficial for him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 5:22pm
Back on tomorrow night with a Fight Night card.

2am prelim start means it's an extremely late one but having gone 6 weeks without anything, 2 in 5 days my boner can't contain my excitement right now.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:17am
Gaethje's main sparring partner Drew Dober was on tonight and you could tell they've spent camp smashing each other in.
Pretty much a lite Southpaw carbon copy version from Saturday. Brutal performance.

Shoutout to Gabriel Benitez on the prelims having his kicks checked that much his shin actually split in half.

Didn't realise there was yet another card on Saturday night, Dana really trying to lift world morale up putting on 3 cards in 7 days LOL

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:59pm
If Mcgregor is retired from MMA does that mean he could fight Floyd again under his own promotion and not have to pay the ufc a penny? 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If Mcgregor is retired from MMA does that mean he could fight Floyd again under his own promotion and not have to pay the ufc a penny? 

Probably not. I’m sure there are clauses in the contract. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 5:42pm
He'll be back when he's finished spitting his dummy out.

He hasn't been the only one but these people haven't recognised there won't be any live spectators for the rest of the year so businesses can't fund their demands.

The closest we'll get to a live spectator event this year is the goss doing the rounds about Tyson v Wilder III being held in COVID19-free Australia on Xmas Day our time - 26th in Australia. 
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 6:13pm
He's probably having much too good craic in dolphins barn to want to go back. 
Let Christy Take It.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:11pm
who cares. ****
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

who cares. ****

People who watch UFC do. 

Which is why I think it's very bizarre even now people who don't watch it come into this thread
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

who cares. ****

People who watch UFC do. 

Which is why I think it's very bizarre even now people who don't watch it come into this thread

i came in here to call him a **** Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:08pm
He only does it to get people talking about him, it works.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

He only does it to get people talking about him, it works.
I’ve heard or read very little on this recent retirement tbh

People are bored of him at this stage surely 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:20am
Classic Boy Who Called Wolf, the more he does it, 3rd time I think, the less and less people care
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 185>
  Share Topic