You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 185>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:07pm
I take it most people here want him to lose.....be will he?cowboy to weather the early mc Gregor onslaught and take him in the later rounds????
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:28pm
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/espn-ufc-ignoring-mcgregor-s-shady-actions-to-capitalise-on-pay-per-view-king-1.4140909

Don’t know much about it, but this article is calling Cerrone a patsy and fully expecting Mcgregor to get the win 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

If Larry Murphy was a talented boxer, there'd be lads on here supporting him!

There'd be much more than that supporting him. Do you reckon there'd be as many lads 'gone off him' because of the allegations if he'd knocked out Khabib or even won a fight in four years?

Ireland likes bandwagoning on winners much more than asking questions about morality.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 16 Jan 2020 at 11:46pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 12:33am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I take it most people here want him to lose.....be will he?cowboy to weather the early mc Gregor onslaught and take him in the later rounds????

I think Cowboy is a decent bet as odds are decent. I think McGregor should stick to 155lbs but we will see how he performs I guess
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 12:55am
Cowboy is a very experienced veteran but he's also now ageing and it's been a very long time since he picked up a high profile win, 14 months against the rising Mike Perry who isn't exactly elite level.

Assuming Conor gets the job done, there's not alot of feasible options - A rematch against Khabib isn't feasible at this point, Tony would smash him into another universe at 155 and then at 170 there's only Masvidal who would also smash Conor into another universe, Usman which would be interesting as he's also managed by Ali Abdelaziz so there's gonna be no love lost between them 2 or Gaethje
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Cowboy is a very experienced veteran but he's also now ageing and it's been a very long time since he picked up a high profile win, 14 months against the rising Mike Perry who isn't exactly elite level.

Assuming Conor gets the job done, there's not alot of feasible options - A rematch against Khabib isn't feasible at this point, Tony would smash him into another universe at 155 and then at 170 there's only Masvidal who would also smash Conor into another universe, Usman which would be interesting as he's also managed by Ali Abdelaziz so there's gonna be no love lost between them 2 or Gaethje

Beat Al Iquita I think
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

He's 1/3 on which, in terms of MMA odds which are generally not too far off evens either way, makes him a massive favourite. Some of that will obviously be due to him being heavily backed by punters but still seems about right.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Out of genuine curiosity McG, do you have the same sort of opinion for Mike Tyson, for example? He has probably redeemed himself in the eyes of the public despite all the things he did in the past.

The UFC can spin the redemption narrative all they like, but McGregor's fan base, especially in Ireland, is as low as it has been since his debut in the UFC. And deservedly so.

But people are fickle, and it will only take a couple of wins and the perception of a changed man (which I highly doubt), and his support will be back to previous levels.
I wouldn’t be comparing Tyson to this prick. A vile racist and rapist who just happens to be half good at chip shop fighting. I want be watching it, but I hope he ends up in hospital or, better still, a graveyard.
\

Legitimate comparison so, if the allegations are true.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 12:08pm

Out of genuine curiosity McG, do you have the same sort of opinion for Mike Tyson, for example? He has probably redeemed himself in the eyes of the public despite all the things he did in the past.

The UFC can spin the redemption narrative all they like, but McGregor's fan base, especially in Ireland, is as low as it has been since his debut in the UFC. And deservedly so.

But people are fickle, and it will only take a couple of wins and the perception of a changed man (which I highly doubt), and his support will be back to previous levels.
I wouldn’t be comparing Tyson to this prick. A vile racist and rapist who just happens to be half good at chip shop fighting. I want be watching it, but I hope he ends up in hospital or, better still, a graveyard.
\

Legitimate comparison so, if the allegations are true.
There seems to be more doubt regarding Tyson, although it has been a while since I have heard or read anything about it. There seems to be no excusing this prick.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:20pm
Weigh ins are at midnight on YouTube as per...

Can understand why they want to give fighters more time to hydrate but having the 'proper' weigh ins at 4pm then to have the fake televised ones 8 hours later seems daft to me.

Just televise the 4pm weigh ins would be the solution, no?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:58am

In fairness to Tyson I don't think he genuinely meant those white boy comments and a black man going down for rape with questionable evidence in those days I have my doubts. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:05am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

In fairness to Tyson I don't think he genuinely meant those white boy comments and a black man going down for rape with questionable evidence in those days I have my doubts. 
Yep. Regarding the ‘white’ comments it is different when it is the other way around. That definitely doesn’t make it right, but the weight of history isn’t behind it. Internet fascists try and deny this, but until we have ‘black privilege’ that will be the case
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:42pm
watching the embedded, I’m wondering if McGregor is fighting at 170 to avoid the weight cut (and harder graft).
If he is just going through the motions then don’t think that is good enough to beat cowboy.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

watching the embedded, I’m wondering if McGregor is fighting at 170 to avoid the weight cut (and harder graft).
If he is just going through the motions then don’t think that is good enough to beat cowboy.

You were right the first time round! Wink He's weight cutting after the fight to go on standby for Tony v Khabib. 4 pull outs suggests he's confident it won't be 5th time lucky.

He seems to have zero interest in going Featherweight ever again however, quickly dismissed any suggestions of fighting Volkanovski or Holloway in fairness that must of been a painful cut for a man of his size
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He's been fairly open about this being the reason he's at 170.

He looks bigger than he's ever been. Which is a bad thing IMO, because if it goes past 2 rounds, he'll gas quickly.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 7:18pm
I'll be glad to see the back of this weight cutting nonsense, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Already happened in ONE Championship which resulted in a death so they banned hydration cutting but there's still people using other grotesque ways of weight cutting.

Volkanovski started his career as a Welterweight and he's now Featherweight Champion, that's pretty much 40 lbs - Just over 3 stone of weight cutting for his fights, freakish stuff.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:32am
He's back
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 5:34am
Holy f**king sh*t LOL

Was washing my face to wake myself up and I missed the stoppage LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 185>
  Share Topic