You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 185>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 10:33pm
UFC 244 tonight. No title on the line other than the inaugural baddest mother f**ker belt between Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal.
Even though it’s a bullsh*t title, it should be a good fight. Some other good fights too. Will watch it in the morning though, not staying up.

Anyone see the Yair Rodriquez vs Jeremy Stephens fight a couple weeks back? f**king classic. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 5:05am
Masvidal schooled Diaz there. It was a bit like mcgregor except Masvidal is a legit Welterweight unlike mcgregor. The doctor saved him a serious beating. He wasn't going to tire like mcgregor did beause that's the weight class he's suited to. 

Edited by eireland - 03 Nov 2019 at 5:21am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:02pm
Masvidal was absolutely vicious with his striking against Diaz. Anytime Diaz would start to gain momentum, Masvidal would just lay in to him with a wide range of strikes. Masterful performance. Think Diaz has realised the difference in fighting smaller fighters like McGregor and Pettis at 170, compared to actual WW's.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Masvidal was absolutely vicious with his striking against Diaz. Anytime Diaz would start to gain momentum, Masvidal would just lay in to him with a wide range of strikes. Masterful performance. Think Diaz has realised the difference in fighting smaller fighters like McGregor and Pettis at 170, compared to actual WW's.

Yeah true.
McGregor would be battered too if he tried it with Masvidal 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 11:18am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:35pm
McGregor v Cowboy Jan 18th.

Choosing a guy on his way out to get his profile back up
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I know, I'd expect a bit more ambition from the Cowboy. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Very good LOL

Fighting at 170 suggests he’s angling for a fight with Masvidal rather than the rematch 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:56pm

Very good LOL

Fighting at 170 suggests he’s angling for a fight with Masvidal rather than the rematch 
I can't see anyway he's going to have the stamina for it unless it's a 3 rounder. Maybe he wants to bulk up at 170 so he's cutting more to hit the 155 mark in future and be bigger on fight night. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 4:38pm
He’s looking a bit bulkier in recent photos. Maybe he is trying to do to the lightweight division what he did to featherweight division in terms of drastically cutting for the weigh in and then coming in heavier and stronger on fight night. Good tactic if he can do it right. catching khalib with a monster left would be his only chance If they were ever to meet again
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He’s looking a bit bulkier in recent photos. Maybe he is trying to do to the lightweight division what he did to featherweight division in terms of drastically cutting for the weigh in and then coming in heavier and stronger on fight night. Good tactic if he can do it right. catching khalib with a monster left would be his only chance If they were ever to meet again
Good tactic but I'm doubting he has the cardio to do this. People are saying a tune up for masvidal and the BMF belt but I'm not seeing it. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:17pm

Good tactic but I'm doubting he has the cardio to do this. People are saying a tune up for masvidal and the BMF belt but I'm not seeing it. 

He would get his head knocked off if he attempted that.  

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 8:00pm

Bump.

He is looking alot bulkier in his selfies nowadays for the fight next weekend. And he has confirmed he's on standby for the Tony v Khabib fight as you speculated, the fight's been cancelled 4 times before so he's 99% sure it aint going ahead.

What worries me is he gassed both times against Diaz which were also at 170. Going bulkier could seriously backfire if his own scrap goes into Championship rounds (as it's Main Event) He does look good mind but some serious question marks over his conditioning - Which is ironic as he launched his own strength and conditioning brand, it's really gonna go bust if he gasses again LOL

Edited by coyne - 09 Jan 2020 at 8:00pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 8:50pm
I hope McGregor gets the sh*te beaten out of him.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:20am
I hope McGregor wins comfortably. Irish Hero Heart
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:28pm
Looking at pictures of mcgregor from years ago he looked in much better shape. Either he's not working as hard or he's wrecked his body with the partying. 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:40pm
Different weights 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:55pm

Looking at pictures of mcgregor from years ago he looked in much better shape. Either he's not working as hard or he's wrecked his body with the partying. 

He looks good no different just there’s an obvious emphasis on strength over conditioning.

As I said he gassed twice before so to increase muscle mass its clear as daylight he’s going for the heavy weight cut incase Tony or Khabib pull out yet again - All good but if he gasses against Cowboy his career is f**ked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 185>
  Share Topic