You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 39>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 2:58pm
The show has potential but should leave the champions league out of it as it will be discussed on the show tonight after the Man U. Liked the idea of having ex players like David Forde on it and even Jimmy Magees teams although wouldn't agree with some of his selections. Like seeing the old footage.
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 3:15pm
It's not too bad. League of Ireland is a minority, don't forget that like.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 12:08am
Shocking show, choppin and changing from LOI to champ league, free kicks"star" (Kian egan), back to LOI...
awful watch, for all ye abroad, missing nothing
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 1:17pm
I think there is the opportunity for an overlap between LoI and other ball, but its not been maximised at the moment and it is currently only likely to alieniate both sides in its current form. Still early days yet though and there are some signs to be positive...
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 1:45pm
i just use hola unblocker for chrome and set it to Ireland can watch it grand then.
This show is gash though not enough LOI coverage. I can see CL coverage on every f**king channel.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 2:49pm
The plastic tommys in montrose must have their way - c"mon unireh. 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
dickybhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 8:55pm
Just watched the international version on the rte player. its a 35 minute version of the show which just features on LOI action, this suits me fine as I'm not bothered about hearing about the champions league bit of the show.

From what I seen its not too bad, the clips and analysis of airtricity games seems to be less than what was previously on MNS, the Jimmy Magee bits (free kick challenge and all time 11 are a good addition)
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 11:43pm
Alex McLeish on tonight, is that just a wan off?

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:01am
A lot better tonight with all the league of ireland highlights done first and actually showed a nice bit from 2 or 3 of the games. Thumbs Up
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Alex McLeish on tonight, is that just a wan off?

Yeah.  Particularly when he twice referred to the Irish League regarding players. LOL

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 12:29pm
Seeing Eck and Nutsy sitting there reminded me of Yosser Hughes.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 4:56pm
Embarrassing amount of references to Rangers oldco and newco last night. It was a much better show in LoI terms prior to that as well...
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 8:42pm
Its getting better,still annoyed mns is gone
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 9:17am
McGees best Dundalk 11 was piss poor............Terry Eviston ahead of Mick Fairclough or Dessie Gorman.  

I never knew that Martin Lawlor was known as Beckenbauer..........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

McGees best Dundalk 11 was piss poor............Terry Eviston ahead of Mick Fairclough or Dessie Gorman.  

I never knew that Martin Lawlor was known as Beckenbauer..........

He has expert knowledge on World Cups and Olympics etc however I've never remembered him as being a fan of the league or ever recall seeing him at a domestic game.  I know his son did play in our league.   

Ideally you would need a fan of the team involved or else somebody that knows the league. 

As for Dundalk wrll no Joey Donnelly is surprising but possibly understandable given the time gap.  No Turlough O'Connor...................
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 12:45pm

BTW Dundalk were also not the first club from outside Dublin in the league.   Athlone Town hold that distinction while Fordsons and Bray Uknowns also joined before Dundalk.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 3:04pm
Magee does like to go on. I thought he would have gone for Jimmy Hasty up front for Dundalk. He was a Belfast lad who had only one arm. Scored bags of goals for Dundalk. He seemed to pick a lot of X Bohs lads. Having said that I do enjoy his selections as the memories come flooding back.
alive and kicking
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 7:10pm
Was an improvement last night on the previous shows Thumbs Up
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 39>
  Share Topic