You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 2:09pm
I actually thought Fabio had improved a little bit compared to his previous appearance.

Getting Joanne Cantwell or Tony O'Donoghue to present would be ideal. At least they can steer an interesting conversation, and are able to challenge people to come up with direct answers.

Marie Crowe is good as well. I worked with her before. She's a big GAA fan, but knows the league too, used to play for St.Patrick's Athletic Women's team.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:16pm
From next Monday (July 3) Soccer Republic will be available live on RTÉ Player at 6.30pm ahead of its usual slot on RTÉ2 at 10.55pm.

Peter Collins will be joined in studio by Alan Cawley and Stuart Byrne as they take a look back at the weekend's SSE Airtricity League Premier Division games as well as highlights of the three Irish clubs in Europa League qualifying action.

Soccer Republic - Monday 3 July, 6.30pm on RTÉ Player and 10.55pm on RTÉ2

< rel="async" ="commentable_item collapsed_comments" method="post" -ft=""tn":""" ="https://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" id="u_fetchstream_2_f" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:20pm
Strange one.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm
You can't beat a bit of teaboy and Stuey to induce a bout of depression, I would like mine just after tea.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:49pm
Considering that RTE has broadcast the Confederations Cup in prime time, how can they continue to say that there is no audience for highlights, never mind live games, of domestic football at a proper hour?

New Zealand have been shown live on a couple of occasions. That's more live games for the All-Whites than most domestic teams could hope for in a season.

Is RTE really saying that there is an audience for New Zealand, but not for the League?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Considering that RTE has broadcast the Confederations Cup in prime time, how can they continue to say that there is no audience for highlights, never mind live games, of domestic football at a proper hour?

New Zealand have been shown live on a couple of occasions. That's more live games for the All-Whites than most domestic teams could hope for in a season.

Is RTE really saying that there is an audience for New Zealand, but not for the League?

No - RTE can't be bothered their bollox to send an OBU to a league ground
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:06am
Enjoyed Paul Lennon on it tonight made some great points, mad how absolutely everyone who knows the league seem to have more sense than the people running it. Peter Collins just gets worse and worse.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:28am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Enjoyed Paul Lennon on it tonight made some great points, mad how absolutely everyone who knows the league seem to have more sense than the people running it. Peter Collins just gets worse and worse.

Link to the video here

El Puto Amo
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Starting at a new time of 7PM next Monday, presumably just for the end of the season will prob be pushed back for the start of next season
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:28pm
Was that that bellend Q interviewed after the drawda game?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Was that that bellend Q interviewed after the drawda game?
That was indeed he esteemed Qman.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:24pm
Didnt look very hard but with Caulfield in the news taking issue with lack off tv coverage of league football I assumed this was best thread to inhabit.

Any idea of how much it would cost one of the stations to show one match a weekend over the course off a season?

I mean, I would watch football over pretty much anything on the terrestial channels regardless of who is playing.

The Friday night football thing is going to become more regular in the coming years anyway. If theres a match on, people will watch.
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm

Caulfield is spot on. The lack of coverage of the Presidents Cup was ridiculous. 

Some relative good news is that Soccer Republic is moving to a 7pm slot. I think it's gonna be on a Tuesday which is a bit late in the week but it's better than the graveyard shift it previously had. Hopefully there are more match highlights and decent analysis. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 14 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm
El Puto Amo
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:17pm
I watched both tv3 and rte's sports news last sunday. Tv3 didnt even fcking mention it atal. Rte had it in after the premier league hightlights as an after thought with just score appearing on the screen. Literally spent 2 seconds on it. Like who are the people putting these reports together. Pathetic.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm
If it was called the charity shield they probably would have showed it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm
Ya watching cummings sending off for cork, did he even connect? Hard to see on tv. Didnt even look a free kick on tv. Never a red.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:18pm
Back on at 7pm I see
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ya watching cummings sending off for cork, did he even connect? Hard to see on tv. Didnt even look a free kick on tv. Never a red.

They showed a terrible angle on the replay on SR. It happened in front of me and he made clear contact with Toner who had a large lump on his cheekbone. Considering the way Cummins swung the elbow, it was a red all day.
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>
  Share Topic