You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 39>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:31pm
So all it takes to get some First Division highlights on this show is half a million swirling around Asian betting markets. LOL

Who knew?!
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:37am

Peter Collins after the Cork v Rovers action.........."and a convincing win for Rovers there"..........ffs.........

Then Stuey Byrne saying the booking for the lad who blocked a keeper throwing out the ball.  Do your fooking research Stuey before going on the show, a quick google on the Laws of the Game, took me 5 minutes.

"It's an offence to prevent a keeper from releasing the ball from his hands" so blocking a throw out comes under that.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Peter Collins after the Cork v Rovers action.........."and a convincing win for Rovers there"..........ffs.........

Then Stuey Byrne saying the booking for the lad who blocked a keeper throwing out the ball.  Do your fooking research Stuey before going on the show, a quick google on the Laws of the Game, took me 5 minutes.

"It's an offence to prevent a keeper from releasing the ball from his hands" so blocking a throw out comes under that.
They are forever getting names and incidents wrong. Very frustrating to watch
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 8:34pm

You don't even need to read the rules for that one.

It's not like some obscure event. Attempts to block a keeper kicking or throwing the ball will happen in nearly every game! And it's always a free.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 9:47pm
Dundalk vs Derry contained one attempt on goal in each half, I counted 23 seconds of coverage in total Embarrassed

Peter Collins has the personality of an apple and should have no place anchoring a football show.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 2:56am
The usual complaints are still there, Collins and the amateur goal round-ups especially, but it isn't getting any worse. It just getting any better either! How is Declan 'Fabio' 'You Know O'Brien allowed on? If he gets paid by the number of times he says 'you know' he will be loaded! He needs to stop looking at Kerr for confirmation too. 

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 5:03am
O Brien is fooking hopeless alright. No insight no nothing, he's just not pundit material.

Collins surely is due holidays soon, Joanne is streets ahead in terms of knowledge and interest. She's terrific.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 10:25am

O Brien is fooking hopeless alright. No insight no nothing, he's just not pundit material.

Collins surely is due holidays soon, Joanne is streets ahead in terms of knowledge and interest. She's terrific.

To be fair to Collins, his knowledge of LOI football is actually really impressive. Was talking to him in a bar in Cork after a match last year and it knocked me back a bit how much he knew, way different to his on screen persona. Big advocate of the Mayo League becoming a LOI club in the near future. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

To be fair to Collins, his knowledge of LOI football is actually really impressive. Was talking to him in a bar in Cork after a match last year and it knocked me back a bit how much he knew, way different to his on screen persona. Big advocate of the Mayo League becoming a LOI club in the near future. 
He has no personality or charm, doesn't know how to ask a pertinent question without dragging it on and talks across the pundit anytime they start to give an interesting answer.  
I was surprised to hear he was passionate about the league though, in fact I was surprised that he is passionate about anything at all, apart from sounding like a racing car or a hive of bees.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:42pm
I like Peter Collins
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I like Peter Collins

He speaks very highly of you..........Wink
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 1:15pm
There is no comparison between the level of presenting when Joanne Cantwell presents as opposed to Collins. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.......

Do they not screen test any of the analysts before they put them on? Fabio is a disaster, there was the whole Keith Fahey fiasco and Dave Barry still can't string a sentence together.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

There is no comparison between the level of presenting when Joanne Cantwell presents as opposed to Collins. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.......

Do they not screen test any of the analysts before they put them on? Fabio is a disaster, there was the whole Keith Fahey fiasco and Dave Barry still can't string a sentence together.
In between Barry's stuttering he puts together some very salient points, although I can understand the point you are making. It really isn't that hard to get it right, is it?
Cantwell presents and a rotating team of pundits from Kerr, Sadlier ,Cawley(I like his enthusiasm), Byrne(personally think he is a dull idiot but it appears others like him) and the like. 
A few more in-depth interviews with managers and players  from Marie Crowe, she seems professional and her little pieces recently added to it and don't make watching the game 'round-ups' so toe-curling by not making it seem like you have been handed a script to read over something you have never seen. RTE used to do the same with the Champions League highlights, if I recall rightly.
As you say, a screen test for a few of these lads wouldn't go amiss. Johnny McDonnell like!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Fehey came across as a depressed junkie!  Definitely not cuLOLt out for tv
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:21pm
Aye agreed of Keith Fahey, he blocked me off twitter because I was said he made me depressed listening to his views on Soccer Republic.

I like Dave Barry, that thick Cork accent and his enthusiasm liven up the usual drab conversations.

Johnny McDonnell cannot go 20 seconds with saying "you know like" Dead

Listening to Fabio O'Brien you would think he was only beginning to learn English. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Aye agreed of Keith Fahey, he blocked me off twitter because I was said he made me depressed listening to his views on Soccer Republic.

I like Dave Barry, that thick Cork accent and his enthusiasm liven up the usual drab conversations.

Listening to Fabio O'Brien you would think he was only beginning to learn English. 

But Only Johnny will drop you home after though!
Fabio & Fahey are brutal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

But Only Johnny will drop you home after though!
Fabio & Fahey are brutal

No doubt the next anchor will be some t**ser like Brian Ormonde LOL

brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 11:33pm
Fabio O Brien saying he thinks Galway United will stay up, strange statement
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 39>
  Share Topic