Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by moatehoop moatehoop wrote:

From tv ratings more people watched mns than that useless eggchaser rubbish against the head. I have more faith in the irish public wanting to watch the beautiful game and not 30 over weight unskilled gym freaks wrestling in a field with an egg that's only shown cause rte head of sport is an egg chaser.

I really wish I could believe this. Where are tge figures?
Mns figures were very low
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:02am

This is stragetically a good thing. The generic 'best fans in the world' will be watching this show, as will the barstoolers. So a whole new audience gets to see LoI highlights.

But that makes sense, stick to whinging about the RTE illuminati being out to destroy the league
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

The Tallaght Shamrocks B Team
Landon, ignore them. You are the wittiest poster here and are in no way obsessed with Rovers. Please, never stop.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:14am
You just can't help yourself
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:22am
Please, have the last word. I'm sure it will be a zinger.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 12:30pm
I thought it wasn't a bad effort, but the free kick idea didn't work and the ability or inability of Rovers players to go close made it worse.

I doubt Boy Z that we'll see refereeing issues getting a proper airing.  Thoroughly agree that some of the red cards dished out were the usual awful calls, but the FAI will probably have briefed SocceRepublic to just give refereeing lip service without giving it the debate it deserves.

Agree also totally that the CL segment is completely irrelevant, if it's a show about L of I/Irish international issues, well fook the CL, that gets Live coverage Wednesday nights, we do get enough of it.

But overall, I thought it was an improvement in terms of presentation on MNS that had become completely stale and boring and I think SocceRepublic can and will get better.

The dominance of Rovers in the show was deadly however.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

From tv ratings more people watched mns than that useless eggchaser rubbish against the head. I have more faith in the irish public wanting to watch the beautiful game and not 30 over weight unskilled gym freaks wrestling in a field with an egg that's only shown cause rte head of sport is an egg chaser.

I really wish I could believe this. Where are the figures?
Mns figures were very low

I work with TV ratings and I can tell you definitively that Against The Head got better viewing figures in 2013 than MNS. 

That's comparing the average viewing to both across the whole year. Having said that, there were a lot more MNS shows than Against The Head.

I'm not going to post the numbers because I don't work for RTE and the info could be considered commercially sensitive.
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:46pm
Just watched a recording of the new show . Not bad but yeh, could give more time to actual LOI as opposed to free kicks and actors . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:52pm
You may of plucked your figures from your backside cause the eggchasers pprogramme got far less viewers than MNS check actual viewing figures.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 2:56pm

Elmo wanting to slip Solskjaer the tongue...........gobsh*te. Embarrassed

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:10pm

You may of plucked your figures from your backside cause the eggchasers pprogramme got far less viewers than MNS check actual viewing figures.

As I said, I wish it were true but I doubt it.
Where are the figures?
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:16pm

What is your source? Mine is TAM Ireland/Nielsen.

What figures are you using? 1+ min cumulative reach or average thousands and share? I'm using the latter.

What audience are you looking at? I've chosen all Individuals over the age of 4. A standard audience.

What time period are you looking at? I'm taking the full calendar year of 2013.

Edited by Daragho - 11 Mar 2014 at 3:20pm
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:02pm
Watched it this afternoon. It was just as bad as MNS but it is our only source of LOI coverage so beggars can't be choosers. I don't like to see non LOI stuff in the show but I understand the producers want to get non football fans to watch. To achieve this thye must be seduced by some ex-Internationals and some foreign coverage of UCL etc. It is something that we will have to get used to but if it is a means to an end and we get a regular show to highlight the league. On the plus side it is no TV3 LOI show. Paul Osman, Trevor Welch and Pat Scully after midnight was way too much and before the days of sky plus.

Anyway, scrap that free kick wank ConfusedConfused that celeb six thing is also a terrible idea. We have 33 match nights but as a country do we even have 33 celebrities? Also get McDonnell away from that gadget yoke, he is like a special needs Gary Neville trying to work it.

Also, Jimmy McGee but a sock in it, or I'll put my cock in it.

Good show
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:15pm
Will give it a watch later when I am cooking dinner before the Champions league.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

at least they dominate something
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Will give it a watch later when I am cooking dinner before the Champions league.   
Have you got the cornflakes ready yet Baldie it's close to kick off ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

at least they dominate something
LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Have you got the cornflakes ready yet Baldie it's close to kick off ?

Was after the Champions League in the end  I watched it.  Bad production that they had so much rovers on the first night. 

Live match
Greatest 11
Free kick challenge 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
  Share Topic