Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 39>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 12:06am
Ah, the curmudgeon from Cork. You know, I half expected that crass reply from "pre-Madonna". So what`s your beef with Collins and Mc Donnell, apart from wanting to take your contrarian personality for a walk?

As "Bitored" rightly said: "get back in your box you tit". I`ll second that. Collins is the best presenter available and is doing a solid professional job. Mc Donnell is a sincere pundit and his passion for our league is palpable. Who cares if his analysis doesn`t meet the approval of the Cork Cliche Police? (Or the chippy 2nd city mindset, if you get my drift)
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
Sponsored Links

Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 8:48am
Anything is better then listening to Dave Barry trying to get a sentence out
dextersmag84 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dextersmag84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 9:07am
Give overplay a shot. Irish VPN software but costs a monthly charge
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 9:37am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Finally getting around to watching it, they really need to sort out the lack of replays, annoying having to rewind the box to watch goals again

Absolutely no reason not to have replays,ridiculous.

The match highlights are ragball. Look like they're on fast forward on a camcorder. 
Theres only one sport that matters..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Ah, the curmudgeon from Cork. You know, I half expected that crass reply from "pre-Madonna". So what`s your beef with Collins and Mc Donnell, apart from wanting to take your contrarian personality for a walk?

As "Bitored" rightly said: "get back in your box you tit". I`ll second that. Collins is the best presenter available and is doing a solid professional job. Mc Donnell is a sincere pundit and his passion for our league is palpable. Who cares if his analysis doesn`t meet the approval of the Cork Cliche Police? (Or the chippy 2nd city mindset, if you get my drift)

Just seeing this now and I wish I hadn't. Do you talk like that?
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 5:29pm
Didn't see Monday nights episode yet.....Did they show Monday nights highlights?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Didn't see Monday nights episode yet.....Did they show Monday nights highlights?

They showed the goals very quickly
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 12:55am
More to the point "pre-Madonna", your contributions to this or any other thread are threadbare at best and you seldom if ever have anything constructive to say for yourself - apart from taking cheap shots at other posters. 

But back to the topic of this thread. I thought Mon night`s production was very poor because of the dodgy camera work and editing. The footage seemed to be accelerated in parts as though the VTR editor clicked on Fast Forward X2 or even X4. 

Can RTE not leave well alone?! Last season`s format of the show and production values seemed fine by most of us, so why tamper with the product? Also, as others on here are saying, why not replay the goals and other key highlights?   

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 1:35pm
Ah yeah, because reading clichéd bolloxology from a semi-literate idiot is far more to the point. If you don't want me making cheap shots, stop making it so easy.
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 1:25am
Can I ask "pre-Madonna", do you come on here to discuss and debate a given topic or thread? Or do you come on here to behave like an absolute asswipe, whose sole purpose is to take a cheap swipe at other posters? 

Enlighten me please because your contributions to the LOI forum so far have been spectacularly banal and marked by a chip on the shoulder the width of the river Lee. Nothing new in that, mind, if Roy and Stephen Ireland are anything to go by. Let`s hope the Irish Hoops, (unlike your beloved British ones), take 3 points at the Cross next week.   
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 2:07am
Because you are a fascinating and enlightened poster. But yes I do, trying to have a debate with you would be absolutely pointless though.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 12:04am
Better balance between highlights and punditry tonight i thought. ..The postponed game helped i suppose
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:34pm
Been shocking so far.
From Alan Crawley previewing the Dublin Derby and calling it "animalistic", fair enough he prepared that before the match was played but after what happened it should've been edited out, to Keith Fahey and Dave Barry struggling to get a few words out.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:36pm
This show is gone to sh*te.

Sent them a tweet there asking why such little time showing the games and so much talking.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

This show is gone to sh*te.

Sent them a tweet there asking why such little time showing the games and so much talking.

Good man . I'll do the same myself.
The Alan cawley thing was a poor attempt at what that YouTube crew did so well last year.
There's a few people should be no where near the show.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:48pm
Keith Fahey's personality is a joy to behold.  
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Agreed.
I particularly enjoy the scumbag shuffle that he pulls off so well.

It's getting to the point I'm thinking a well run YouTube channel would give better value.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Agreed.
I particularly enjoy the scumbag shuffle that he pulls off so well.

It's getting to the point I'm thinking a well run YouTube channel would give better value.

It's laughable how unprofessional RTE take this show.

Fahey's demeanor, body language and his thick Dublin accent make for great television Dead

I nearly had to put on subtitles. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 39>
  Share Topic