You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 39>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 9:21pm
Nah sorry was mixing the names up, meant against the head, was watching it myself and mainly a summary and highlights of the weekends games, regardless it appeals to a lot more people
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 10:33pm
It will never gain viewers being on at that hour of night anyway. Look at this Bridget and Eamon s.h.i.t. that's on tv now and tell me they couldn't bring it forward a couple of hours. Having a LOI highlights programme on at a decent time will bring it more viewers and give the league more exposure every week , which in turn could lead to more people attending and taking an interest in it. It just boils my piss when I think of it. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 10:44pm
The time slot suits me more than earlier...bad for kids though
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 11:53pm
Keith Fahey is very poor at the pundit gig. It's a pity but he was the same last season.
Disecting a Dundalk goal he referred to a Bray player as the "other fella".
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 7:14am
I think they've had four figures for viewers for it before, time slot won't change that, will help but won't get anywhere near What's on before it, it's a shame but it'd the truth
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Keith Fahey is very poor at the pundit gig.
Agreed, he was shocking.

Are they not trained to open their mouths when they speak and enunciate better.

Im not talking BBC English here.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 10:28am
Keith Fahey, while Im sure he has an intelligent opinion about football, should never be in a position where he has to talk on TV. Its the most boring, monotone, drawn out accent and way of speaking I've ever heard, rotten. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 10:44am
No mention of Mark Farren tribute which was disappointing...Plenty of time to discuss the national team. Also they need to cut down the punditry and show more of the action. Although at the Harps game they showed everything they couldLOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 10:46am
Annoying that they didn't show the programme on the RTE player outside of Ireland. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Annoying that they didn't show the programme on the RTE player outside of Ireland. 

Download Hola for chrome.

As for the time I actually don't think that's it's biggest issue, obviously not ideal but it wasn't doing roaring business when it was on at 8 either. Most people watch stuff online or record TV so anyone that wants to watch it can. It's also only on a half an hour later than match of the days Saturday weekend slot.

It's major issue is its on 2-3 days after the matches have been played.
A Saturday/Sunday night slot at the same time where people could either watch it live or throw it on the day after while they're dying on the Sofa would be ideal.
Every club in the league would be able to throw up a highlights package of their weekend game every Monday morning on their social media page too.

Now I know there'd be an issue with Monday games but they're f**king stupid anyway. Game week 2 and we're already having a double header weekend!
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 10:56pm
RTE are now wise to Hola unfortunately - Used to work perfectly but no longer.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 11:50pm
Tony McDonnell, Keith Fahey, Peter Collins, Richard Sadlier, Kenny Cunningham etc how many boring dry sh*tes do RTE want covering the league eh?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 1:00am
Nah, can`t agree with that "Green Devil". While I had my reservations about Peter Collins during the early days of the show, I think he has grown into his role as a very good anchor. He`s sensitive to the viewers and knows how to move the show along.

Agree about Fahey. He looked pained and uncomfortable throughout last night`s show, as though he was asking "wtf am I doing here?". Tony Mc Donnell is a natural fit and I invariably find myself agreeing with his analysis. He knows our league inside out and deserves to be a mainstay on the panel.

As for scheduling, I work nights and simply record the show to watch the following day. But seeing as games are played on Friday and Saturday evenings, surely Sundays are the best day to broadcast a highlights package? Otherwise the league action becomes a bit dated by Monday night.  
"If you fail to prepare, you`re prepared to fail" - Mark Spitz
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 11:18am
The thunderbird tea boy has grown into nothing, how he is presenting anything, anywhere is one of the great mysteries of RTE sport.
Of course you agree with Tony Mc, you might as will be him. Unnecessarily long answers full of trite expressions and clichés.

Edited by pre Madonna - 09 Mar 2016 at 11:19am
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The thunderbird tea boy has grown into nothing, how he is presenting anything, anywhere is one of the great mysteries of RTE sport.
Of course you agree with Tony Mc, you might as will be him. Unnecessarily long answers full of trite expressions and clichés.

Get back in your box you tit.
The lads entitled to give his opinion on football on a football forum.
I don't know what kind of sexual experience you had with a teaboy but you seem to have turned Peter Collins into an effigy.

There simply isn't anyone else to present the f**king thing. No one wants it. Not Darragh Maloney, Tony O'Donoghue or anyone else and neither does any other station. I suffered Tommy Martin doing TV3 CL coverage last night and this is a station I've heard touted for it even though when they used to do it they had it on later than RTE does now.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 4:19pm
Of course he is, where did I say otherwise? Merely observed his manner of doing so.
I have absolutely no idea what you are on about in the next line, or how I turned anyone into an effigy, never mind the bizarre sexual reference.
As for the last bit, they are sports presenters, if they do not want to present sport, sack them. The problem on RTE is they are nearly all is inept as each other, special vitriol for Collins' own brand of ineptitude though. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As for the last bit, they are sports presenters, if they do not want to present sport, sack them. The problem on RTE is they are nearly all is inept as each other, special vitriol for Collins' own brand of ineptitude though. 

Tony O'Donoghue has a dream job where he travels the world following the Irish side and international soccer news. I would give both nuts and an arm for his job! Why would he limit his ability to do that by presenting a weekly show?

Darragh Maloney is the chief international presenter, does commentary and I presume although I don't listen to RTE radio, that he does a radio show as well. As I write he's just popped on the TV hosting the CL match. He's probably not in a position to commit to a weekly show.

In fairness to both men they have contributed to the show to varying degrees.

The Bohs V Cork game last Friday had a viewership of 54k. That was despite RTE putting on a decent amount of ads in the days leading up to it,it being the pick of the opening day fixtures and hosted in front of a big crowd in the only 4 sided LOI venue.
To hammer home the point an unadvertised short notice decision to show 2 episodes of Father Ted in memory of Frank Kelly managed 89,000 viewers. Interestingly it started at 11 o'clock on a weekday night something people highlight as a barrier for SR.

I'm no great fan of some of the tripe on RTE but the simple fact is sh*te like Bridget&Eamon just does far better in terms of viewership than live /highlights of LOI regardless of time .

The leagues major problem is enough people aren't going to games blaming our woes on Peter Collins is the height of stupidity.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:37pm
Finally getting around to watching it, they really need to sort out the lack of replays, annoying having to rewind the box to watch goals again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 39>
  Share Topic