You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soccer Republic
    Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:19pm
This farce deserves it's own thread....

It sounds like it will be a pile of sh*te.
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:33pm
Much better tv slot time IMO but it sounds like even less football and more chat/features.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 26 Feb 2014 at 11:33pm
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 11:58pm
Time suits me aswel won't clash with the sky game or any LOI on Monday nights! Can understand people with kids not bring happy!

Increased to 75 mins too
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:08am
Will they show full loi highlights? Suits me fine as I always missed mms due to the time.
Chips don't bounce
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Will they show full loi highlights? Suits me fine as I always missed mms due to the time.

They will show all goals from premier division! I'd say it will probably be less than before though
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:58am
I don't mind it. All I watch is the goals.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Yeah used to find the time MNS was on a bit too early. But this is on a bit too late imo. Somewhere inbetween would have being perfect
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 8:01am
I suppose it could be recorded and watched the next day. Worse from a neutrals point of view
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 8:53am
a niche programme was never going to get a prime time slot esp on an entertainment channel such as rte2 which does not really do public service broadcasting. 

time suits me better but the times of shows being aired are becoming less important.
AKA pedantic kunt
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:25pm
I preferred the earlier slot and I guess folk of my ,,,eh, vintage will agree. Work tues morns will necessitate me recording and viewing da following day . Better than a kick in the goolies I suppose . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:48pm
piss poor time slot for gettin kids interested in the league.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:31pm

This soccer republic show is yet another slap in the face and insult  to football fans up and down this coutry from this state broadcaster and its egg chasing lover head of sport ryle nugent. We have lost the premiership highlights, MNS is no gone replaced by a show on at 11pm on a monday night. We have no coverage whatsoever of our U21 teams, our local teams in europe. Contrast this with the coverage that egg chasing gets, all the seniors teams games, even there reserves and U21 teams, the womens team, we also have huge coverage of their league. The discussuion programme against the head is broadcast early evening contrast that with this new football show at 11pm. The total bias shown to rugby is a disgrace from a so called national braodcaster and every football fans up and down the country should make their viewe on this matter to RTE.

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

a niche programme was never going to get a prime time slot esp on an entertainment channel such as rte2 which does not really do public service broadcasting. 

time suits me better but the times of shows being aired are becoming less important.
What about Against The Head?
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by moatehoop moatehoop wrote:

This soccer republic show is yet another slap in the face and insult  to football fans up and down this coutry from this state broadcaster and its egg chasing lover head of sport ryle nugent. We have lost the premiership highlights, MNS is no gone replaced by a show on at 11pm on a monday night. We have no coverage whatsoever of our U21 teams, our local teams in europe. Contrast this with the coverage that egg chasing gets, all the seniors teams games, even there reserves and U21 teams, the womens team, we also have huge coverage of their league. The discussuion programme against the head is broadcast early evening contrast that with this new football show at 11pm. The total bias shown to rugby is a disgrace from a so called national braodcaster and every football fans up and down the country should make their viewe on this matter to RTE.

The RTE website did not even have a story this week with the announcement of the u21/u19 squads. There is an international soccer section but absolutely nothing.
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 5:01pm
I'll wait and see the show first before I start getting angry over it
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

What about Against The Head?

People actually watch the programme. MNS was only on TV because the fai made them show it.
CollegeTillIDie View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CollegeTillIDie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 8:53am
MNS was on too early and this show is on too late for many people. I believe it will get more views on the RTE player than actual vieweres but  there's always The Absolute Game on Dublin City 103.2 Fm every Monday night at 8 p.m. and for those outside Dublin on www.dublincityfm.ie to get your LOI fix.
gazelle. View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazelle. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

I'll wait and see the show first before I start getting angry over it

Hey, stop talking sense! As an LoI fan it is your duty to feel outraged and persecuted by everything done by RTE/FAI/National media/"Barstoolers" etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
  Share Topic