Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McCarthy/McGeady V Scotland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Mystery Benefactor Mystery Benefactor wrote:

Note to you all

The Irish fans are not the best in the world
They are the most self congraulatory, arent we a great bunch of lads in the world tho
thats for sure

What????

f**k of like a good lad

Edited by drog addict - 26 Feb 2014 at 12:24pm
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 12:28pm

Note to you all

The Irish fans are not the best in the world
They are the most self congraulatory, arent we a great bunch of lads in the world tho
thats for sure
ah your back, that must mean you're finished your search, go on genius, put us out of our misery...who could possibly be better than us? The nation holds its breath
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 12:55pm
Cry
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

think we need a new poll..

Q: Do you or have you booed an oppo player at an Eire match?

A 1: Yes because he played for a club I dont like

A 2: yes because he was Protestant scum and I'm Catholic and hate all prods cos taigs and fenians are the people and them prods are trying to get rid of our catholic culture and civil rights and our fleg and we wont be allowed to drink buckie anymore.

A 3: I only boo a player if he's acting the ***t on the pitch

A 4: No, I never abuse any oppo player because I'm too busy trying to follow the match with my binoculars while eating some rather splendid prawn sandwiches while listening to newstalk on my transponder radio. 

5. Yes, because he was a cheating bastard Israeli goalkeeper.

Dudu cùnt

For any scottish lads reading this you'll gather that a certain Dudu retains a special place in the hearts of irish fans.

He has to be in our list of villians as well as

Vim KieftCry
John AyteoCry
Salvatore SchliacciCry
Fernandes Nazare Angry
The FAI for agreeing to allow the 1966 WC play-off game against Spain be played in Paris in return for the gate receiptsAngry
That f**king "team of Gary Breens" songAngry
Euro 2012 ticket portalAngry
Several referees in away games in BulgariaAngry

MacedoniaCry
Thierry HenryAngry
Gary Stevens for breaking Jim Beglin's leg in a Merseyside derby.Angry
Gary Lineker for that equaliser in Poznan in 1991Cry
Give it a Lash Jack as seen on the Late Late ShowEmbarrassed 
Paul Gascoigne warming up as a sub for Eng. in front of the North Terrace in a qualifier for Euro '92Ouch
Bernard O'Byrne for placing some apparently nice English football fans in the West Upper.Shocked
SwitzerlandCry
Luc NilisCry
The  Adidas Finale ball which struck Lee Carsley's arm in '99 v TurkeyCry
Tom Humphries for doing that interview with Roy.CryCryCry
Ger Canning for that embarrassing interview with JC after Anfield 1995...stick to GAAAngry
Steve Staunton's orien tight jeans as seen in The Plaza niteclub in Tallaght a few moons ago...just beautiful.Star 

Mystery Benefactor View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystery Benefactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 1:30pm
Lets not bring Tom Humphries into this!!

Tell me Sham, do you buy into this "best fans in the world" garbage, and if so can you tell me, what makes a fan ...great...
Thanks
Take me back.....!!!??!!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Will they be wearing this in Lansdowne? That is one poxy jersey

Big time!  LOLLOL

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 1:42pm

Tell me Sham, do you buy into this "best fans in the world" garbage, and if so can you tell me, what makes a fan ...great...
Thanks
Best fans in the world is a horse manure term used either by people who are clueless about supporting football or used in a praising manner to congratulate for particular actions or a series of actions. If we were the so called best fans in the world then LR would be packed to the rafters with thousdands locked out. The reality is we have a hard core of fans for home games and a smaller core for away games. There's numerous reasons for that and I'm not going into them as for example someone who can make every home game may quite simply be able to attend away games for very good reason.

Best fans in the world bollixology is typically bandied about after for example the 8 minute rendition against Spain or in general because we had huge numbers in Poland. Sadly though a lot of these had never been seen before which is one thing, maybe their spark was ignited by going to Poland and fair play to those who went first time and stuck with it, but more importantly were not seen afterwards.

Simply, no. I don't buy any of it. We have some of the greatest fans in the world however in terms of living and breathing the national team, bursting a gut to make sure they can go everywhere. Importantly, those that do go everywhere and I almost include myself in this category, we bahave, have a laugh, and  make friends the world over. There's not one place in the world I'd imagine that has hosted us and can honestly say they wouldnt have us back. Being a fan extends to more than the 90  minutes on the pitch or in a stadium. 

Edited by sham157 - 26 Feb 2014 at 1:44pm
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 2:02pm

Thanks
Best fans in the world is a horse manure term used either by people who are clueless about supporting football or used in a praising manner to congratulate for particular actions or a series of actions. If we were the so called best fans in the world then LR would be packed to the rafters with thousdands locked out. The reality is we have a hard core of fans for home games and a smaller core for away games. There's numerous reasons for that and I'm not going into them as for example someone who can make every home game may quite simply be able to attend away games for very good reason.

Best fans in the world bollixology is typically bandied about after for example the 8 minute rendition against Spain or in general because we had huge numbers in Poland. Sadly though a lot of these had never been seen before which is one thing, maybe their spark was ignited by going to Poland and fair play to those who went first time and stuck with it, but more importantly were not seen afterwards.

Simply, no. I don't buy any of it. We have some of the greatest fans in the world however in terms of living and breathing the national team, bursting a gut to make sure they can go everywhere. Importantly, those that do go everywhere and I almost include myself in this category, we bahave, have a laugh, and  make friends the world over. There's not one place in the world I'd imagine that has hosted us and can honestly say they wouldnt have us back. Being a fan extends to more than the 90  minutes on the pitch or in a stadium. 
Aren't most genuine football fans like that?It's only a minority in certain countries with a hooligan fringe who ruin the experience.
Take the lot who were on the upper tier of the West Stand on that fateful night v England - the poor English in the lower tier got the heads walloped off them for nothing just cos their so called fellow fans had kicked off big time upstairs.  
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Thanks

Aren't most genuine football fans like that?It's only a minority in certain countries with a hooligan fringe who ruin the experience.
Take the lot who were on the upper tier of the West Stand on that fateful night v England - the poor English in the lower tier got the heads walloped off them for nothing just cos their so called fellow fans had kicked off big time upstairs.  
I'm sure they do, but the question was about us being the greatest fans.

Edited by sham157 - 26 Feb 2014 at 2:59pm
Mystery Benefactor View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystery Benefactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:01pm
Sham, well said to be fair. I agree 90%
but re not welcoming us back, wouldnt be so sure about that.
Been a few incidents in recent years that have made the news for the wrong reasons
Take me back.....!!!??!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:08pm

Sham, well said to be fair. I agree 90%
but re not welcoming us back, wouldnt be so sure about that.
Been a few incidents in recent years that have made the news for the wrong reasons
typo??

just in case, I mean they would be more than happy to have us back. Of course theres been the odd incident. I've witnessed one or two myself from a stupid kebab shop row to a dig or two being thrown in Kazachstan or elsewhere. Of these, how many are actually football related as opposed to the usual crap that happens in every village, town and city at the weekend. It's not as if we go mob handed or even have groups that purposely go out to cause aggro as such, just the odd muppet lamost confined to the handy trips who gets a bit of gargle and thinks hes the big man. Algarve next year will be an example. There will be lads there on a holiday barely even knowing about the match but when they realise will be out on the lash all day messing.   
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:28pm
to be honest we, Argentina are the worst fans in the world or near it,  the Political parties they give "black money"  to barras bravas (like hooligans but worst because they are connected to the political power, police protected, drug connections,  from the county governing power, the provincial governing power and the national governing power  since the actual AFA lord took over in 1979 and you make a fuss about Delaney) structural corruption, so politicians they finance them to WC to insult and to make riots worldwide.  200 dead to this date since 1979 in savage riots in football matches inside the stadiums or nearby them. 
This Jules Grondona guy that is vice president of FIFA he was with the military power, then democracy came over and with the left wing power, the right wing power, the conservative power, the neoliberal power, the populist power, his reign survived all of them.  They re-sale the tickets to have money on their own, the directors of the clubs are connected with them because they are like a hooligan-brigade.  It happened in Barça also the former president Laporte told the other day on ESPN+ how they destroyed that pool of corruption, interests, politicians, football directors, police and violence.
Roseanne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roseanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 10:05pm

think we need a new poll..

Q: Do you or have you booed an oppo player at an Eire match?

A 1: Yes because he played for a club I dont like
A 2: yes because he was Protestant scum and I'm Catholic and hate all prods cos taigs and fenians are the people and them prods are trying to get rid of our catholic culture and civil rights and our fleg and we wont be allowed to drink buckie anymore.
A 3: I only boo a player if he's acting the ***t on the pitch
A 4: No, I never abuse any oppo player because I'm too busy trying to follow the match with my binoculars while eating some rather splendid prawn sandwiches while listening to newstalk on my transponder radio.
A 5: Yes because he was a cheating bastid Israeli goalkeeper. In some peoples mind that would make me anti semitic, but my booing is purely football based. 

LOL

Personally, I'm pretty indiscriminate about who I boo/abuse at games.  If anyone does anything I object to, cheating, a bad challenge or whatever, they will get dogs abuse.  I gave Scott Brown abuse at the Nations Cup game a few years back for bringing down one of our players.  And I'm a Celtic supporter.  So club allegiences go out the window when I'm supporting Ireland.  Star  If I give abuse, it is because of a wrong done against Ireland, no othe reason and it doesn't matter what club that person plays for.

Same goes for the other way, if I'm watching Celtic, an opposition player does something I don't like, I will give them hell.  If the guy who done it was an Irish player, he'd still get dogs abuse because I'd be supporting Celtic at the time.  Star

Oh and, incidently, I doubt McGeady or McCarthy would give a monkeys toss about anyone booing them at the Scotland game.  I don't get the impression either regret their choice to play for Ireland and I don't think booing is going to change that.  They got it for years in Scotland and they handled it OK.

Edited by Roseanne - 27 Feb 2014 at 10:07pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 9:35am
people getting uppity about booing a player?? why? its all pantomime anyway. if you can unsettle/unnerve an opposition player to the benefit of your own team why not? 

It's the same reason why people were getting abuse for the trap out banners/bedsheets, more concerned about our own image as fans than anything else. the one man who had the balls to do it on here still gets ripped about it, you couldn't make it up. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

people getting uppity about booing a player?? why? its all pantomime anyway. if you can unsettle/unnerve an opposition player to the benefit of your own team why not? 

It's the same reason why people were getting abuse for the trap out banners/bedsheets, more concerned about our own image as fans than anything else. the one man who had the balls to do it on here still gets ripped about it, you couldn't make it up. 

I agree its all pantomime but so is the ripping of Kerzy.   
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic