You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 71>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Great trip

Campus some spot alright, was there Thursday and Friday. 2 double vodkas and 7up and a pint was 6 quid, I was locked coming out of the place

Only thing that dampened the night was after all the singing and dancing outside, i wandered home and these 3 Scots aooroached me, they had an Ireland flag so I proceeded to chat with them then they turned started calling me a Fenian bastard to which then they went on to burn the flag

What absolutely scum. You would really wonder why they hate us so much. What has the Irish ever done to these individuals? You were lucky not to get a hiding

Had an association with Celtic is all I imagine. The whole OF situation in Glasgow is truly barbaric and unbelievable.

Sorry to hear about that.

Why would a Scottish Celtic fan burn the tricolour in front of an Irish fan?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Good trip except for result and me deciding to stay in boring Edinburgh on Thursday night and missing out on the craic in Campus

Always stay in the City where the Game is being playedThumbs Up

I did but just not the night before the gameBig smile

People who stayed in Gelsenkirchen would disagree with that comment BrianWink
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Post away trip depression seriously kicking in now in work here. Need to get Gibraltar away booked up ASAP.

+1

Only another 10 months away...too feckin longCryCry
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:23am
I found the behaviour of certain sections of the scottish support to be truly appalling and unbecoming. I'm thrilled i had nothing on me that identified me as Irish.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:28am
At least we'll get our tickets back for Portugal.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 11:57am
Great trip result aside. Found the majority of Scots to be very welcoming and sound. Campus on Saturday night was a complete write off. Myself and ringerbell ordered 20 shots in the cloakroom?!?!? before we even got into the place.

The walk to and from the stadium was grim. Couldnt get into any bars along Gallowgate 2 and a half hours before kick off. Managed to get into one of the last ones before the ground and it took 45 minutes to get served. Thought the service of barmen in Glasgow was poor all round.

Glasgow itself was a complete dive, but a cracking trip altogether. McGeady7 off here missed the match after drinking a litre bottle of captain morgans on the bus on the way over, with 2 cans of fanta orange as mixer for it. LOL That boat on the friday morning was horrible. Walked into the toilets and there was bodies everywhere just being sick.

Serious depression at the moment, and cant get that "We'll be coming down the road" song out of my head.
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:04pm
Same here, it's a right catchy tune.
When you hear the noise of the tartan army boys, we'll be comin down the road.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
farneybhoy View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farneybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:07pm
I used to live in Glasgow and i still have a flat there. As a Celtic fan i know the crap that can crop up from time to time in this fair city. I wasn't expecting that level of vitroil that Aiden experienced and was surprised at the intensity of it and that's coming from a guy with many Celtic v Rnagers games under his belt. Unfortunately there is a minority of anti Irishness in the city and in Scotland in general. Thankfully they are in a minority and the decent TA guys who we all met on Friday will be very welcome in Dublin. I have to add though that i will never, ever sit in the 'wrong end' at a football game again. Some of the comments were bang out of order.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:07pm
some kip! The Scottish fans seemed grand in general, but there was an underlying tension and i think it would have kicked off if we scored.  We need to give them a good doing over the Scottish independence thing when they come over here. 

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Great trip

Campus some spot alright, was there Thursday and Friday. 2 double vodkas and 7up and a pint was 6 quid, I was locked coming out of the place

Only thing that dampened the night was after all the singing and dancing outside, i wandered home and these 3 Scots aooroached me, they had an Ireland flag so I proceeded to chat with them then they turned started calling me a Fenian bastard to which then they went on to burn the flag

What absolutely scum. You would really wonder why they hate us so much. What has the Irish ever done to these individuals? You were lucky not to get a hiding

Had an association with Celtic is all I imagine. The whole OF situation in Glasgow is truly barbaric and unbelievable.

Sorry to hear about that.

Why would a Scottish Celtic fan burn the tricolour in front of an Irish fan?

You dont get it, im saying the reason it wouldve happened would be Irelands association with Celtic, the blue half will have seen it as burning a Celtic flag.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

some kip! The Scottish fans seemed grand in general, but there was an underlying tension and i think it would have kicked off if we scored.  We need to give them a good doing over the Scottish independence thing when they come over here. 

As I have said, alot of Scots and the TA will be proud No voters who are proud to be Scottish and British which the Irish dont get for whatever reason. The Yes voters like myself will be too pished to even bother about it, I have long moved on, you wont get a reaction... PS mon the SNP!! Wink

I have 4 points so basically guaranteed an away end ticket, cannot wait.

Im just feart we dont beat Gibraltar now LOLLOLLOL

eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:49pm

Great trip

Seen and heard a nice bit of crap over the weekend but didn't think anybody would stoop that low. Shameful behaviour
Boogie View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:50pm
Lichtie whoever is bottom of the bottom tier in scottish club football would destroy the rock crowd, they are so bad you will have to witness them yourself to find out.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:14pm

As I have said, alot of Scots and the TA will be proud No voters who are proud to be Scottish and British which the Irish dont get for whatever reason. The Yes voters like myself will be too pished to even bother about it, I have long moved on, you wont get a reaction... PS mon the SNP!! Wink

Why ye bothering with kilts, flower of Scotland then. We were loosing at the time but when ye started to sing flower of Scotland it was fairly embarrassing to be honest.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:44pm

Why ye bothering with kilts, flower of Scotland then. We were loosing at the time but when ye started to sing flower of Scotland it was fairly embarrassing to be honest.

Dont see what kilts has to do with anything?

And why? Scotland is as close to independence as we have ever been, I sung it when support for indy was only 20 percent why should I not now when its 45 percent? No voters dont see us as an oppressed nation that needs 'freedom' or whatever thats all in the past, they can sing it if they wish. Majority of Scots at this moment in time prefer for their country to be in a political Union, doesnt mean they dont love it still. Nothings changed with regards to how any of us live our lives, the UK is all we have known and alot of business etc see it as a benefit to themselves to remain within that Union.

I personally dont see it that way and did have the childish viewpoints many on here have right after the result but after thinking about it and speaking to people I think I was maybe going way overboard on what the result actually meant. People want to see change, they just see Scotlands interests being better served within a Union at this moment in time. Ill be out campaigning for my side till the day I die but im not going to start hunting out NO voters at Scotland games, everybody will have had their reasons. Plenty of Scots like the idea of being British and serve in the british navys/armies etc. One things for sure nobody from the 45 will change their stance, I bet plenty from the 55 will however when all the promises made are broken.

You lads have a simplistic viewpoint on it, its only something youd really understand if you were Scottish and living in this country. Thumbs Up 

Edited by 1320Lichtie - 17 Nov 2014 at 1:45pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 1:44pm
Funniest thing of the night was a fella with a Leeds crest on a tri colour singing up the RA.LOL
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:05pm

That would be hilarious ClapLOL
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:06pm

Dont see what kilts has to do with anything?

And why? Scotland is as close to independence as we have ever been, I sung it when support for indy was only 20 percent why should I not now when its 45 percent? No voters dont see us as an oppressed nation that needs 'freedom' or whatever thats all in the past, they can sing it if they wish. Majority of Scots at this moment in time prefer for their country to be in a political Union, doesnt mean they dont love it still. Nothings changed with regards to how any of us live our lives, the UK is all we have known and alot of business etc see it as a benefit to themselves to remain within that Union.

I personally dont see it that way and did have the childish viewpoints many on here have right after the result but after thinking about it and speaking to people I think I was maybe going way overboard on what the result actually meant. People want to see change, they just see Scotlands interests being better served within a Union at this moment in time. Ill be out campaigning for my side till the day I die but im not going to start hunting out NO voters at Scotland games, everybody will have had their reasons. Plenty of Scots like the idea of being British and serve in the british navys/armies etc. One things for sure nobody from the 45 will change their stance, I bet plenty from the 55 will however when all the promises made are broken.

You lads have a simplistic viewpoint on it, its only something youd really understand if you were Scottish and living in this country. Thumbs Up 

glad you don't see it that way, but the rest of the world does not  tbh. the lyrics in flower of scotland certainly don't reflect a public that is happy to suck on the tit of the motherland. At least find a new song with lyrics that represent the nation appropriately. 

Edited by Citizen - 17 Nov 2014 at 2:14pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 71>
  Share Topic