You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow - Friday 14th Nov 2014 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 71>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 1:48pm
My sister lives in Edinburgh and has a Rangers supporting, Scottish, policeman boyfriend. We HAVE to win.
Sponsored Links

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

can't see any way they'd play it in either of those stadiums

So where would you reckon they'd play it if Hampdens not available?

It 100% wouldn't be Easter Road or Tanndice due to attendance so there's not much option
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

can't see any way they'd play it in either of those stadiums

So where would you reckon they'd play it if Hampdens not available?

It 100% wouldn't be Easter Road or Tanndice due to attendance so there's not much option

murrayfield
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:07pm
http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149479&page=1

Scottish view of the draw. They fancy a win against from the looks of things, dream 2nd seed for them in fairness.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:13pm
Forgot about the whole McGeady / McCarthy aspect of this until I logged on there. Bitter.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:28pm
some of the comments LOL

""The Group Of Booze". Germany, Poland & The Irish..."

"McGeady n McCarthy are gonnae get burst"

"Why are so many happy at getting ROI? A decent side from a footballing perspective and the political pish that goes with them makes that a horrible draw imo. "
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:28pm
What be the Train situation SuperDave from Stranraer to Glasgow
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:42pm
Some more from the TA forum

Ireland - a good draw. The best 2nd seed to draw. They are decent side when managed well as was shown in qualifying for the Euros, they are able to go to places like Macedonia, Georgia and win too, but plenty of journeyman and average players. I don't see much difference in our squad and theirs.

Poland and Ireland have been in decline. We are kinda on the up...

Bet the Irish and Poles are more gutted about drawing us out of pot 4 than we are about getting them.
Time for some confidence lads!

Awesome! 2nd is ours, Rep Ireland aren't a great side and are on the down, take McCarthy and Coleman out and you don't fear anyone I feel we are better and would expect 4/6 points, games against Poland and our away game against Georgia should be crucial. Also depends when we play Germany at home.. whether we face their A or B team either way i suppose it will be tough against them
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Ireland - a good draw. The best 2nd seed to draw. They are decent side when managed well as was shown in qualifying for the Euros, they are able to go to places like Macedonia, Georgia and win too, but plenty of journeyman and average players. I don't see much difference in our squad and theirs.

Bet the Irish and Poles are more gutted about drawing us out of pot 4 than we are about getting them.

Awesome! 2nd is ours, Rep Ireland aren't a great side and are on the down, take McCarthy and Coleman out and you don't fear anyone I feel we are better and would expect 4/6 points, games against Poland and our away game against Georgia should be crucial. Also depends when we play Germany at home.. whether we face their A or B team either way i suppose it will be tough against them

LOL
uncle sam View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:48pm
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

LOL

To be fair he's right about us. We were the best second seeds for anyone to get. Scotland were not the best team for us to get from pot 4.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What be the Train situation SuperDave from Stranraer to Glasgow

Best bet is probably over from Holyhead, if you're heading from Dublin. The ferry goes to Cairnryan, not Stranraer. I think they bus you from there to Ayr and you can get the train on from there. It's dirt cheap, anyway. Under €50 each way to Glasgow.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:03pm
Game may not be in Hampden if we have to play them away this year

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/celtic-and-rangers-vie-for-euro-2016-ties-1-3316833
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:49pm
Could we get a Ybig party bus over?
Chips don't bounce
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:54pm
Booked flights to Glasgow from Wed-Sun. 100 quid. Decent Winter sessionThumbs Up
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:56pm
I'm gonna hold off on booking flights to this one. I think a party bus / boat trip could be the perfect combination of hardship and craic!
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:59pm
Just booked hotel in glasgow, Ryanair havent released flights yet, Aer lingus coming in around 100€ return
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Booked flights to Glasgow from Wed-Sun. 100 quid. Decent Winter sessionThumbs Up

Aer lingus??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 71>
  Share Topic