You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 222>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:36pm
Do ya reckon if six of us went to a taxi rank in La Linea after the game that they would take us to Malaga?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Do ya reckon if six of us went to a taxi rank in La Linea after the game that they would take us to Malaga?
Heah they would but you might be safer booking a transfer through the hotel (if its not an in/out job) or online.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

gib is expensive and full of ex pats

Is that where brian Kerr, Eddie Gormley and Paul Osam are living. 
AKA pedantic kunt
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:07pm
can't see any bar doing buy one get one free on the days before or match day......

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 27 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

can't see any bar doing buy one get one free on the days before or match day......

The Irish Bar in Aarhus had no problem doing discount beers....
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:22pm
I realised that the next day :(
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:47pm

Of course they will. They'll all try and out do each other and make a quick few quid for the few days. Extended happy hours etc all pay for themselves 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:04pm

That's two normal taxis or one pre-booked seven-seater. Two things: first, you're more likely to get a seven-seater if it is pre-booked. Second, you're more likely to get it cheaper if it is pre-booked.

Let's say the going rate is €180 for a taxi on-spec, La Linea to Malaga. That's €360 for the six of you if you have to go with two taxis, three in each; that works out at €60 each. However, two other presumptions: the pre-booked rate is less than the on-spec rate but a seven-seater rate is probably slightly more than the normal rate. Say they balance each other out, you'll probably get a seven-seater pre-booked for the same rate as a normal car on-spec.

That makes it €180 for a seven-seater pre-booked. That means you all get back to Malaga for half the price of showing up on-spec.

I don't think any of those presumptions are too far out of line, tbh.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

any good spots in it pre Madonna.....id say there's plenty of Benidorm style bars to be had there???
Not really, if I am honest. I was a bit fascinated by the weird feel to the place and the people, it is very unique, but it isn't like Benidorm at all, that's for sure. There are a few little bars where it feels like it has been transported from a Conservative club in Essex, but mostly, regarding nightlife, it is weird and dull. Pubs and bars that don't feel Spanish or English, but not like anything on the Costas either. Just weird. But at least it has a feel. Those places down by the marina are pretty soulless. 
The 'orange' Irish bar is quite funny. The one and only knitted doll of an Orangeman I have seen, in an 'Irish' bar in Gibraltar. 
It sums the place up.

LOL

What bar is this? Worth the trip for that alone. LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Feb 2019 at 10:18am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:05am
It’s called The Venture Inn, if I remember right. The owners are miserable f**kers from Portadown. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:33am
Any thoughts on a fans match?
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:44am
I'll do one if it's a runner alright.

Do they even have a pitch or would we have to play on the same one as for the match?
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 11:49am
Maybe get in touch with Gibraltar Gaels 
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:09pm
Fans Game List

1. OohAah
2. Craiglen
3. Craiglen+1

Edited by craiglen - 28 Feb 2019 at 12:09pm
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
Why is the fans match in the travel and accommodation thread. This site is hard enough to wade through the sh*t without it getting even more full of irrelevant sh*te in the only threads worth reading(travel and accomodation)
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:26pm
Bad morning boss?

Moved.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's two normal taxis or one pre-booked seven-seater. Two things: first, you're more likely to get a seven-seater if it is pre-booked. Second, you're more likely to get it cheaper if it is pre-booked.

Let's say the going rate is €180 for a taxi on-spec, La Linea to Malaga. That's €360 for the six of you if you have to go with two taxis, three in each; that works out at €60 each. However, two other presumptions: the pre-booked rate is less than the on-spec rate but a seven-seater rate is probably slightly more than the normal rate. Say they balance each other out, you'll probably get a seven-seater pre-booked for the same rate as a normal car on-spec.

That makes it €180 for a seven-seater pre-booked. That means you all get back to Malaga for half the price of showing up on-spec.

I don't think any of those presumptions are too far out of line, tbh.
Thanks. Not too expensive so that way.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:03pm
I'm literally pulling those figures directly from my hole; the basic point is, it is likely to be far cheaper if you pre-book a bigger vehicle, as it means you only need one vehicle and one driver.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 222>
  Share Topic