You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 222>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Might throw on a couple of boats, Couple of booze cruises from the Rock to Faro  

Could you imagine LOL

Delaney waiting for the fans on the pier hoisted triumphantly into to the air only to be f**ked into the water
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Might throw on a couple of boats, Couple of booze cruises from the Rock to Faro  

Could you imagine LOL

Delaney waiting for the fans on the pier hoisted triumphantly into to the air only to be f**ked into the water

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:35pm
 LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Over 4 hours travel from Malaga to Faro is a disaster never mind the lads flying into Gibraltar direct. Most people booked Gib after Fai announcement about 800 tickets being available.

It's hardly a disaster now.
Car hire is dirt cheap in Andalucía at that time of year, and a four hour drive is what plenty of fans do for a match in Dublin.
City Till I Die
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Over 4 hours travel from Malaga to Faro is a disaster never mind the lads flying into Gibraltar direct. Most people booked Gib after Fai announcement about 800 tickets being available.

Car hire is dirt cheap in Andalucía at that time of year, and a four hour drive is what plenty of fans do for a match in Dublin.

Which exactly why people want to fly directly to away games. 
Relatively speaking, it would be a disaster.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Plus no beer for whoever draws the short straw and has to drive
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:50pm
Realistically anyone whos arriving in Gibraltar with easyjet on the friday from bristol and returning sunday will spend a massive chunk of their weekend travelling should the game be moved from fraggle rock to faro.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 10 Jan 2019 at 3:51pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Realistically anyone whos arriving in Gibraltar with easyjet on the friday from bristol and returning sunday will spend a massive chunk of their weekend travelling should the game be moved from fraggle rock to faro.

If the game moved I be looking for flights dur to this exact reason don't want to spend half the trip travelling of a bus/car to and from the game
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

If the game moved I be looking for flights dur to this exact reason don't want to spend half the trip travelling of a bus/car to and from the game

You'd me mad to fly to Gibraltar and drive to and from faro for the game. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

You'd me mad to fly to Gibraltar and drive to and from faro for the game. 

There ain’t any handy cheap routes to faro in March and that’s even before you write off the cost of the gib flights 

It will be a pain if it’s switched , can’t see it myself being switched neither party want it 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

There ain’t any handy cheap routes to faro in March and that’s even before you write off the cost of the gib flights 

It will be a pain if it’s switched , can’t see it myself being switched neither party want it 

There are two direct flights on the Friday evening for €62. And €70-odd back through Stansted on Sunday.

The smart thing to have done would have been to have booked flights in and out of Seville, but there you have it. Direct Friday to Monday, halfway between the two, decent-ish public transport links to both (there are direct buses from Sevilla to Faro and Gibraltar).
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There are two direct flights on the Friday evening for €62. And €70-odd back through Stansted on Sunday.

The smart thing to have done would have been to have booked flights in and out of Seville, but there you have it. Direct Friday to Monday, halfway between the two, decent-ish public transport links to both (there are direct buses from Sevilla to Faro and Gibraltar).

You think they will stay that price if it’s faro ? 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:33pm
For the quick movers, or the gamblers, yeah.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:12pm
I hedged on Seville

Hotel €60 a night 
Flights £80return
Car £50 for 24 hours

2 hour drive 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:52am
after reading that piece in the indo....personally I can't see it not being in Gibraltar
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
londondub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londondub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:50am
Our club chairman has confirmed the Indo report following a combined supporters club meeting in Dublin yesterday.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:54am
Originally posted by londondub londondub wrote:

Our club chairman has confirmed the Indo report following a combined supporters club meeting in Dublin yesterday.

Confirmed what exactly? Day of announcement?

Edited by cardwizzard - 11 Jan 2019 at 7:55am
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:14am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Plus no beer for whoever draws the short straw and has to drive

Personally, I don't see a 4 hour drive an issue. We're booked the other way. Stay wherever you fly into on the Fri Night and travel over Saturday Morning. Leave at 10am and you're in Faro for 2pm. 

I've driven Karsluhe to Mainz (2 1/2 hours); Bracelona to Andorra (3 hours)
Plenty have travelled on a bus from Thessilonika to Skopje (3 hours) and Budapest to Belgrade (4 hours).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 222>
  Share Topic