You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 222>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:42pm
Anyone else who received a ticket in the ballot not been invoiced yet?
just hit the fecking thing
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Apparently there was a problem with the invoices with anyone from the ballot. Had to ring and pay over the phone. 
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:49pm
Have missed a lot of games over last 3 years due to personal reasons and will miss this one as well. Wouldn't have any complaints with the criteria set here if I was applying. Would agree with Borussia's point about the general criteria being outlined for future games.

Out of order to question and abuse the mandate members for giving up their time to make things better for all fans.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Apparently there was a problem with the invoices with anyone from the ballot. Had to ring and pay over the phone. 

+1
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

+1

Sorted now, cheers lads
just hit the fecking thing
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:57pm
The system that's been used for this fixture in my view is the correct system  ( fair enough advanced notice should have been given but it doesn't make it any less fair).
No away game is any any less away that the next they all have pros and cons so, all cost money , involve time off work etc.
I can't see how one should be worth more than another.

So the lads that have a season ticket and traveled to watch the team most got tickets first where is the issue?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Out of order to question and abuse the mandate members for giving up their time to make things better for all fans.

+1

Bizarre stuff.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Didnt meet the criteria myself but I am delighted Kearney missed out too.

Why? 

Have you read his posts?

Yes, just wondered why you were so petty. 

It's in my nature.

Good man.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 2:33pm
Just think we are moving in the right direction we all know the score going forward as all games count and should do to be honest . This harvesting is a big issue that we need to corner and put to bed , now how this can be done I am not sure .
Good trip to all those with or without tickets Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Have missed a lot of games over last 3 years due to personal reasons and will miss this one as well. Wouldn't have any complaints with the criteria set here if I was applying. Would agree with Borussia's point about the general criteria being outlined for future games.

Are you posting from Abbottstown Embarrassed
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:20pm
what members of the mandate are you particularly interested in Pipkin? 2 have posed already so you want the other 6? 
Bogumit View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogumit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Bogumit Bogumit wrote:

Just out of curiosity, based on a comment in another thread, did all committe members get sorted?

Eh, what’s your agenda here ? I think the reason most of the people volunteered to be on the committee was that they were seasoned away travellers. I don’t know all of them - I know some will have qualified a d I know some will have not. But what I do know is they are transparent enough to put their names in public so if they hadn’t been to a lot of games but still got sorted through the FAI then it would be pretty obvious. If you are questioning them on here then my not step out from behind your nickname and tell us why you are questioning this ?

This lad is a clear WUM, best ignored

Home truths are something that can’t be ignored my friend
You were, unless I missed something, the first and so far only person to throw mud at the mandate committee. Two of those member shave clarified their position. Now unless you have something factual to say that backs up your stone throwing, then knock it on the head.

All well and good Sham but we have been calling out (or at least some of us have) the CRISSC, supporter clubs like Sell Outs of 88 and Galway for their intransparent systems and obvious manipulation of the system so don’t see how Mandate Committee shouldn’t be subjected to same scrutiny.

As said, it doesn’t bother me either way but there is no credibility if the group calling for transparency aren’t transparent themselves. Especially for stakeholders whom all Irish away fans are - there shouldn’t be any issue with disclosing allocations I would have thought. There is no requirement for them to disclose allocations but I just feel credibility has to be questioned.

I guarantee that Bogumit is not the only one asking the question and concerned but most will stay quiet because they know members of the committee. I don’t think he is particularly wrong in anything he has said. Yes it’s snide but it’s a simple question

It’s all very good to question stuff - nobody should have any issu with that. But go back and read the posts - they are not questioning, they are out & out accusing. And that’s totally different.

Point taken Thumbs Up

I did address the fact that I didn't agree with his post in my initial response.

Please don’t assume my gender
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:57pm
"Please don't assume my gender" Some response. LOL 

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Feb 2019 at 3:58pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

what members of the mandate are you particularly interested in Pipkin? 2 have posed already so you want the other 6? 

I only saw Superdave. 

As I said, it doesn't bother me and I didn't sign up to the Mandate which in my opinion is just another name for an FAI affiliated club as I stated many a time but I thought there would be more transparency when questioned. Anyway, I'll leave it at that - it was simply an observation.
DEE101 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:10pm
so... now that tickets are out. Many going without tickets ? 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:13pm

I only saw Superdave. 

As I said, it doesn't bother me and I didn't sign up to the Mandate which in my opinion is just another name for an FAI affiliated club as I stated many a time but I thought there would be more transparency when questioned. Anyway, I'll leave it at that - it was simply an observation.

You should get facts right before coming on and trying to stoke the flames.
It's not very helpful stirring the pot. You can say the same to your mate Bogitum.

I can only speak for myself as I have been out of the loop recently.
I didn't apply as I didn't meet criteria.
I do know that three off committee didn't get a ticket.

You came on here with studs up because no one replied to you?
I suggest a few deep breaths. 

Edited by The GerK - 20 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:16pm
Clap
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I only saw Superdave. 

It's not very helpful stirring the pot. You can say the same to your mate Bogitum.

Clap
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I only saw Superdave. 

What facts did I state?

Not trying to stir any pot. Simply asked a question. 

What's wrong with being transparent? I am surpirsed at you Gerk for being so defensive. Would you not deem it a reasonable question to ask? We know how the FAI operate. I know I got tickets years ago to shut me up when I shouldn't have. Its what they do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 222>
  Share Topic