You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 222>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Plus the price is based on 2 sharing so if your not going with someone then expect to pay a bit more.

Your looking at a few quid more for travel too. 

Could well cost 600 or more with everything factored in

"ah lads always go with abbey they take bleedin great care of us "

i.e they have us on the bus two minutes after the game is over , in some sh*te hotel in the middle of nowhere and up at the crack of dawn for some sh*te flight 
Yeah except this time they leave you high and dry on the flight side of things. Not exactly cheap to fly in Friday and back out Sunday to either gib or Malaga 

hopefully no one takes it up and the tickets go back to the SCs and fans direct 

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. You'd have to be mad or made if money to use the abbey package. 
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:56pm

Plus the price is based on 2 sharing so if your not going with someone then expect to pay a bit more.

i.e they have us on the bus two minutes after the game is over , in some sh*te hotel in the middle of nowhere and up at the crack of dawn for some sh*te flight 
Yeah except this time they leave you high and dry on the flight side of things. Not exactly cheap to fly in Friday and back out Sunday to either gib or Malaga 

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. You'd have to be mad or made if money to use the abbey package. 
or desperate for a match ticket...
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

or desperate for a match ticket...

I'd rather travel and watch it in the pub than pay a a couple of hundred more 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
Wouldn’t be too confident of TO weeding out duplicates. For Cardiff away game in 17 I applied via my own account on away portal for 2 tickets - put in 2 names passport numbers etc 
Then I also applied for 2 tickets through football family as was worried wouldn’t get tickets. Used same two names passport numbers etc as had good few built up and thought might put me higher up pecking order in that category. 
Anyway I ended up with 4 tickets for one of the most oversubscribed games in recent times
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Wouldn’t be too confident of TO weeding out duplicates. For Cardiff away game in 17 I applied via my own account on away portal for 2 tickets - put in 2 names passport numbers etc 
Then I also applied for 2 tickets through football family as was worried wouldn’t get tickets. Used same two names passport numbers etc as had good few built up and thought might put me higher up pecking order in that category. 
Anyway I ended up with 4 tickets for one of the most oversubscribed games in recent times

Football family is a different story altogether. Nothing is checked there. You ask for tickets you'll usually get them. Doesn't matter about a record there.

Plus what you did is also part of the problem. Created a fake demand. 

A group of friends in FD for example who all apply for 3 will be found.

You can't compare Wales to this game anyway. 3k tickets against 900. 

Edited by wanderer - 11 Feb 2019 at 6:18pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:52pm

Football family is a different story altogether. Nothing is checked there. You ask for tickets you'll usually get them. Doesn't matter about a record there.

My way but on the other hand 10000 applicants vs 1500 or whatever. I take into account there are a certain amount of people hat go to every away but how many of them are there? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm

If football family is a different story why do they ask for names passport numbers etc and why can’t they cross reference against their database . 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:56pm

My way but on the other hand 10000 applicants vs 1500 or whatever. I take into account there are a certain amount of people hat go to every away but how many of them are there? 
Either way the way you want about getting your tickets was wrong. Creates a false demand which hopefully a transparent system gets rid of.

Anyway we don't have figures. Last I saw was between 300 & 400 in FD had been to 4 or more. That was prior to Wales 2017. 

Look at the end of the day the more tickets there is the lower the critera, the less there is the higher it is. It's simply really. 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:00pm
Abbeys 15 % was not enough to fill a plane and by the looks of it FAI did  not bring their allocation up to 140. That has to be looked on as a move in the right direction.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:01pm

If football family is a different story why do they ask for names passport numbers etc and why can’t they cross reference against their database . 

Separate allocation of tickets. The way they deal with them could well change now given that allocation has been reduced. I know people who have got their tickets through the football family and they never give passport details etc and get whatever they want.

Football family for example if you apply under a clubs name the tickets go on the club's name. I'm assuming that's what they put the tickets under also. 

Personally I think the football family allocation should be reduced further. Anyone who gets tickets that way should have their own account also. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:02pm
S

Either way the way you want about getting your tickets was wrong. Creates a false demand which hopefully a transparent system gets rid of.

Anyway we don't have figures. Last I saw was between 300 & 400 in FD had been to 4 or more. That was prior to Wales 2017. 

Look at the end of the day the more tickets there is the lower the critera, the less there is the higher it is. It's simply really. 
Maybe the way I went about getting tickets was wrong but I’d been shafted by the fai before. I didn’t think for one minute I’d get 4 tickets but thought I may have been higher up pecking order in fad direct. The system is wrong 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Abbeys 15 % was not enough to fill a plane and by the looks of it FAI did  not bring their allocation up to 140. That has to be looked on as a move in the right direction.

Well they aren't entitled to more than 15% and there would have known the backlash to it if they did given the low allocation.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:04pm

S

Maybe the way I went about getting tickets was wrong but I’d been shafted by the fai before. I didn’t think for one minute I’d get 4 tickets but thought I may have been higher up pecking order in fad direct. The system is wrong 
100% agree the system is wrong. We've all been shafted by them. Part and parcel of it really.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:24pm
Anyone flying to Lisbon?
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Anyone flying to Lisbon?

TAP Air Portugal 
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Anyone flying to Lisbon?

TAP Air Portugal 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
Reading the forum when ticket allocation is sh*te makes me want to have a sh*te  
LOL

Guaranteed to be shafted. 
DoYouKnowAnto View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoYouKnowAnto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:40pm

Anyone flying to Lisbon?

It's a bit Faro way from Gibraltar 🤔
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 222>
  Share Topic