You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 222>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

All

applications only closed on Friday !

I would guestimate it will be towards the end of the week when the criteria will be known and the applications are scrutinised for duplicates, first timers etc

We will off course be suggesting 100% pick up in Gib
The pick up of tickets in person at away venues is a very good idea, but is still open to abuse from certain quarters, let’s just hypothetically say a certain SC have asked for 50tickets but only 30ish actually travel and let’s just say a certain member of the club is on good terms with members of the fai and decides that he will be acting on behalf of the whole group and picking up the block booking of tickets,  he would be still be able to get away with  harvesting by claiming the full allocation without the proper check
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

All

I would guestimate it will be towards the end of the week when the criteria will be known and the applications are scrutinised for duplicates, first timers etc

The pick up of tickets in person at away venues is a very good idea, but is still open to abuse from certain quarters, let’s just hypothetically say a certain SC have asked for 50tickets but only 30ish actually travel and let’s just say a certain member of the club is on good terms with members of the fai and decides that he will be acting on behalf of the whole group and picking up the block booking of tickets,  he would be still be able to get away with  harvesting by claiming the full allocation without the proper check

100% pick up in person, no

'my mate is having a lie in I am collecting his'

'my mate is on a late flight I am collecting his '
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm

All

Know it's to late to do for the Gibraltar game but he good that if in future they let people know in advance of applying what the criteria will be. Other countries like wales, Scotland etc can do it so shouldn't be that hard to do. This way people will have a better idea of their chances of getting a ticket 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

All

Know it's to late to do for the Gibraltar game but he good that if in future they let people know in advance of applying what the criteria will be. Other countries like wales, Scotland etc can do it so shouldn't be that hard to do. This way people will have a better idea of their chances of getting a ticket 

sure that would stop the mandate committee releasing another statement giving themselves a pat on the back. they got fudged by the FAI and they still don't know it yet LOL as said previously nothing has changed nor will it change 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:44pm
Well they increased the % for us so they did well. 

A transparent away ticketing scheme - that's the dream. 

How can you come on here and sl*g them off?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:45pm

All

I know what you are saying RB but to do that you need to know how many are going to apply and of what % of those are duplicate  - with more transparency maybe the duplicates will drop off and the applications will more realistically reflect actual demand
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

All

sure that would stop the mandate committee releasing another statement giving themselves a pat on the back. they got fudged by the FAI and they still don't know it yet LOL as said previously nothing has changed nor will it change 

Well if we were relying on ***** like you to do it we would be waiting a while Big smile
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:57pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

All

100% pick up in person, no

'my mate is having a lie in I am collecting his'

'my mate is on a late flight I am collecting his '

thats a decent policy , no one on any ireland trip was ever delayed or ended up in a place where he didnt intend to end up LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm
Abbey package starts at €359.. Match Ticket + 2 nights in O'Callaghan Elliott. Double room is €444 on booking for 2 nights.
So 444/2 = 222
359 - 222 = €137
€137 for match ticket.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Abbey package starts at €359.. Match Ticket + 2 nights in O'Callaghan Elliott. Double room is €444 on booking for 2 nights.
So 444/2 = 222
359 - 222 = €137
€137 for match ticket.
Then add at least another 200 for travel. But they'll sell it out 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:05pm

€137 for match ticket.

the celtic tiger is back baby LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:06pm

All

I know what you are saying RB but to do that you need to know how many are going to apply and of what % of those are duplicate  - with more transparency maybe the duplicates will drop off and the applications will more realistically reflect actual demand

Not that hard to eliminate duplicates simply implement a system that means 1 application per account. 

At least if they released information saying we get x amount of tickets and the following games are been counted for criteria and here's the breakdown of number of fans on each number of games e.g 50 have 10/10, 100 have 9/10 etc

The way wales do it as they open applications at different stages depending what level you on so stage 1 be those on 7-10 games stage 2 be 6 games etc until all tickets gone. This system can only be implemented if everyone applying the same way which doesnt happen here as have football family etc applying to.

A universal system where each fan has their account and can only apply for tickets using their account is the only way to eradicate the flaws we have atm. The % increase is a step forward though and think once duplicates and those with no record are removed from the 1771 applications for this we will see the vast majority of regular fans been sorted 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm

So 444/2 = 222
359 - 222 = €137
€137 for match ticket.

Even worse if you compare it to the cheap accommodation in La Linea - 2 nights accommodation and ticket would cost me €115 or so
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm

So 444/2 = 222
359 - 222 = €137
€137 for match ticket.

I'm booked into the ocallaghan Elliott for 2 nights and my room only €310 so id say they getting their rooms for less than the €444 they are priced at now 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:12pm
Plus the price is based on 2 sharing so if your not going with someone then expect to pay a bit more.

Your looking at a few quid more for travel too. 

Could well cost 600 or more with everything factored in
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Plus the price is based on 2 sharing so if your not going with someone then expect to pay a bit more.

"ah lads always go with abbey they take bleedin great care of us "

i.e they have us on the bus two minutes after the game is over , in some sh*te hotel in the middle of nowhere and up at the crack of dawn for some sh*te flight 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i.e they have us on the bus two minutes after the game is over , in some sh*te hotel in the middle of nowhere and up at the crack of dawn for some sh*te flight 
Yeah except this time they leave you high and dry on the flight side of things. Not exactly cheap to fly in Friday and back out Sunday to either gib or Malaga 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Yeah except this time they leave you high and dry on the flight side of things. Not exactly cheap to fly in Friday and back out Sunday to either gib or Malaga 

hopefully no one takes it up and the tickets go back to the SCs and fans direct 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 222>
  Share Topic