You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gib Away- March 23 - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 222>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:59am
Whilst there is no chance it’ll be in Faro; the match is a joke. Should be called off full stop
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:43am
Are these Gibraltar people like the huns? Do they be singing 'Rule Britannia' etc?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Are these Gibraltar people like the huns? Do they be singing 'Rule Britannia' etc?
They had a huge butchers apron in LR last time that was taken off them. Couldnt hera them sing anything though.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:38am

Let's just say that the Queen could expect to receive as good a reception if she ever steps foot on Fraggle Rock as she did in Cork.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:44am

Sure you’s REBELs we’re singing it when your queen visited langerland, traitor coonts LOL
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Sure you’s REBELs we’re singing it when your queen visited langerland, traitor coonts LOL
The Queen is sound kid. We're called the rebels for supporting an English king in the war of the roses.We were on Cromwell's side in the 1640s  too kid.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Obviously like most on here hoping it is in Gibraltar.  With hindsight booking Seville would have been a smarter move.  I see some did that.  

I've decided to drive from Malaga if in Faro.  I couldn't justify the cost of new flights.  Thankfully my hotel was booked on free cancellation.  

The one positive if moved is that it will reduce the chances of a slip up.  I would expect Gibraltar to lose all eight games either way but their chances of pulling off a shock result are greatly reduced in Faro.     
I'd still love to know but at least won't need to scramble for flights etc on Wednesday.  

At least two of us will be doing the same if moved. What flight are you on, Gary? 

I'm out Friday morning with Aer Lingus from Dublin and back Sunday morning with them as well.  I'll probably drive back after the game if in Faro.  Not sure yet.  Space in the car if anyone interested either to/from Gib or Faro.  
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Obviously like most on here hoping it is in Gibraltar.  With hindsight booking Seville would have been a smarter move.  I see some did that.  

I've decided to drive from Malaga if in Faro.  I couldn't justify the cost of new flights.  Thankfully my hotel was booked on free cancellation.  

The one positive if moved is that it will reduce the chances of a slip up.  I would expect Gibraltar to lose all eight games either way but their chances of pulling off a shock result are greatly reduced in Faro.     
I'd still love to know but at least won't need to scramble for flights etc on Wednesday.  

At least two of us will be doing the same if moved. What flight are you on, Gary? 

I'm out Friday morning with Aer Lingus from Dublin and back Sunday morning with them as well.  I'll probably drive back after the game if in Faro.  Not sure yet.  Space in the car if anyone interested either to/from Gib or Faro.  

Ah, we're on the 3pm flight with Aer Lingus. Staying Sunday night in Malaga, flying back Monday evening. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:29pm

Well put it this way, they've been asked twice in the past 50 years do they want to be considered British or Spanish (Most recently in 2002)

And over 98% voted the former on both occasions.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:30pm
Faro getting stronger Cool
DoYouKnowAnto View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoYouKnowAnto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:22am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Faro getting stronger Cool

Based on...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:55pm
Sham source (FAI Source) tells me that supposedly the Swiss have been most vocal in opposing games going ahead in Gibralter and its highly likely it will be moved. Mini Tans are fighting tooth and nail to keep in on the pebble but barring a miracle of sorts it will be off to the Algarve.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Sham source (FAI Source) tells me that supposedly the Swiss have been most vocal in opposing games going ahead in Gibralter and its highly likely it will be moved. Mini Tans are fighting tooth and nail to keep in on the pebble but barring a miracle of sorts it will be off to the Algarve.

I'll be happy with either but accommodation is a hell of alot cheaper in the Algarve. I've got 5 nights in albuferia on free cancellation for €150. 
Can't see flights jumping in price that much either given most already have something booked be it to Malaga or faro already 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I'll be happy with either but accommodation is a hell of alot cheaper in the Algarve. I've got 5 nights in albuferia on free cancellation for €150. 
Can't see flights jumping in price that much either given most already have something booked be it to Malaga or faro already 
if it is in Faro, ill be staying in Faro (have a free cancellation booked) as im only doing two nights. Had enough of Albufeira the last time. Bit of a kip. 

Either way, hopefully find out tomorrow anyway. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:40pm
If this gets moved to Faro and Rice switches to England in the one week, I will be inconsolable.

I'll be spending the two nights in Faro if it is moved, not worth it going down to Albufeira when it's off season
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

if it is in Faro, ill be staying in Faro (have a free cancellation booked) as im only doing two nights. Had enough of Albufeira the last time. Bit of a kip. 

Either way, hopefully find out tomorrow anyway. 

Have heard a few people.say that and others say it's a nice place. I've the same amount of nights in gib or Algarve. Making a week away of it after paddys weekend. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

If this gets moved to Faro and Rice switches to England in the one week, I will be inconsolable.

I'll be spending the two nights in Faro if it is moved, not worth it going down to Albufeira when it's off season
By all accounts the end of March most places are open and it's busy enough. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 2:02pm
The sell outs of 88 will be demanding Delaney pays for a bus load of 72 from Gibraltar to Faro. 

Won’t be the 1st or last time they are fecked over
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 222>
  Share Topic