Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Roy Keane Diary: 'A day in the life'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:43am
Been off this for a few days but this is a quality thread.LOL
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:49am
Brilliant LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:29pm
Superb work TJ LOLClap
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:33pm

Only one thing missing TJ , who makes the TEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:47pm
This is sensational stuff LOL

"Hello" LOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:06pm
Brilliant TJ Clap
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:09pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:16pm
LOLClap
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:17pm
Top class LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:25pm
First one 4/10
Second one a solid 7/10 
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:27pm
Does anyone else read these in a Roy Keane accent!

Briliiant stuff
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:09pm
chapter 5: My last week at United

''October 29 2005. United are playing an important Premier League game away to Middlesbrough.  I have to miss the game with injury sustained against Liverpool a  month earlier. Its a f**king shambles. United lose 4-1. It's embarassing. Due to contractural obligations it's my turn to do an analysis of the game for the club's tv channel MUTV.  The now infamous interview was tame in truth. There was nothing in that interview  that was out of order. I told it like I saw it. As the presenter Steve Bower showed me the goals on the video I felt ashamed to be associated with those players. The fans who paid our wages had to go into work on Monday morning and endure the taunts, the sneers. I wasn't about to sugarcoat my words. I made comments about various players that were fair and accurate. The full interview is included at the end of this chapter and I stand by it.
The next day I'm called to the managers office. Alex Ferguson had been the most successful manager in recent times but he had lost the drive. I felt after the league title triumph in 2003, he had lost the hunger, was going through the motions.  He made a string of poor buys. Guys like Heinze, Kleberson,  Djemba Djemba and Alan Smith arrived at the club. We were Manchester United. We were supposed to be winning championships and Champions League titles with these players?? United had been the top force in British football for a decade. Now Arsenal and Chelsea had stepped up their games. We had fallen behind. Mourinho's Chelsea were the new top dogs and looked almost unbeatable the previous season. They were signing top talent. Making a real go of it. We were going backwards. Buying rejects from the bargain basement of world football.
 I knock on the managers door. The manager had a go at me. I wasn't about to accept this from him. I told the truth. Told him he was losing the hunger. Said I wanted the interview to be shown to the players. That I stand by it.  He agreed.  That day we sat in the room while the interview was shown to the players. A couple walked out. Views were exchanged. Some of the players sat there and never said a word. 'Cowards' I thought. It was clear that most of the players resented my comments and at the end Carlos Quiroz tried to step in and be the big man. 'Why was he butting in now?' I thought.
I told him exactly what I thought of him. Van der Sar told me I was out of order. I told him to 'go f**k himself' and left the room.  The manager summoned me to his office the following morning. I called Michael Kennedy. Michael's been a good friend and knows how to deal with things like this. He managed to make David Connolly the highest paid footballer in Holland. He could sell ice to the eskimos.  9am we entered the managers office. Ferguson sat opposite me looking sheepish.
''We are going to have to let you go Roy''
''The interview crossed the line and you have lost the trust of your teammates''
I said nothing. Sat there silently listening to the spin this clown was spouting.
''I thank you for your 11 yrs service to the club and we wish you well in the future.''
''You're a liar Alex. It was 12 yrs service.'' I said
'Why was he deliberately getting his timeline wrong??' I thought
We shook hands and I left the ground. Michael Kennedy stayed behind to work out a severance package.  I sat in my car and cried for maybe 2 mins then thought ''f**k him. He betrayed me. He sold me out.'' Ferguson the man was ruthless. A non human. He had fallen out with Incey, Ruud and Becks. Uses you then throws you away when you are of no use to him. 'He'll get what's coming to him' I thought.
I arrived home. Triggs greeted me at the gate. Thank God for her. She knows the way it is. She stood by me through Saipan, and she will stand by me now. She will never betray me. I told Theresa what happened. She was great. I put on my wellies and paddy hat. ''Lets go Triggs. We're going for a walk.''

On Rio Ferdinand: “Just because you are paid £120,000 a week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham you think you are a superstar.”

On Edwin van der Sar, who let in the first goal against Boro from 30 yards: “He should have saved that.”

On John O’Shea: “He’s just strolling around but he should be bursting a gut to get back.”

On Darren Fletcher: “I can’t understand why people in Scotland rave about Darren Fletcher.”

On Kieran Richardson: “He is a lazy defender who deserved to get punished.”

On Alan Smith: “He is wandering around as if he is lost. He doesn’t know what he is doing.”

On Carlos Quiroz:  ''You're the worst coach I've ever worked with.''

On Ruud Van Nistelrooy: ''He should be more concerned with scoring goals than playing with his hair.''

“There is talk of putting this right in January and bringing players in. We should be doing the opposite – we should be getting rid of people in January,''

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:19pm
hang on a sec TJ that last bit is all true LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

hang on a sec TJ that last bit is all true LOL

I think I am staring to believe Im Roy KeaneLOL 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:51pm
LOL LOL LOL
Quality work TJ.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Does anyone else read these in a Roy Keane accent!

Briliiant stuff

Guilty
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 7:38pm
He managed to make David Connolly the highest paid footballer in Holland

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:45pm
we want more, we want more ClapClapClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
  Share Topic