My Roy Keane Diary: 'A day in the life'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 40>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:59am
I read this thread for the first time today and all I can say is wow.  Fair play pal it's class and I agree with everyone else who said you have a great talent for this.  Keep it up Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Roger Millla made reference to Keane's solcitor having an issue with this.  Can SuperDave or Gerk or someone advise as to why this could not be put into a newspaper under a parody article and use that as defence.  Surely this would be comedy gold for a newspaper to print once a week.  

Not a defamation expert but it is parody so no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to say it.

It helps that it's funny.

Yeah the legal argument as far as I know around parody is  could anybody honestly believe that the real Roy Keane is behind it.   I think it manages to be realistic without being truly believable that it is actually Keane behind it.  

This should be given more exposure.  
AKA pedantic kunt
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Roger Millla made reference to Keane's solcitor having an issue with this.  Can SuperDave or Gerk or someone advise as to why this could not be put into a newspaper under a parody article and use that as defence.  Surely this would be comedy gold for a newspaper to print once a week.  

Not a defamation expert but it is parody so no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to say it.

It helps that it's funny.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Started off brilliant. Like a lot of good screenplays it seemed there was a difficulty wrapping it up and it felt a little rushed with the McCarthy bit

ConfusedLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:41am
Bowl of water and lumps of raw meat

Quality work

Edited by El_nino - 13 Feb 2014 at 11:41am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:29am
Just read the updated diary with keys and gray. Now that was classic!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:23am
Started off brilliant. Like a lot of good screenplays it seemed there was a difficulty wrapping it up and it felt a little rushed with the McCarthy bit
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:18am
Gift Grub dont have any issues with their portrayal of Roy. 

And as FW said, Roy would have a good chuckle at this stuff.

Someone tweet it to Alfie Haaland there. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Surely if you changed the various names to something else, there couldn't be any issues, not that there should be anyhow, it's only a piss-take, I'd say Roy would even laugh.

Or maybe it could be read out loud on radio like the way Joe O'Connor had his slot on Drivetime on Radio 1.  Cork Accent would be a pre-requisite though  LOL
AKA pedantic kunt
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:55am
Surely if you changed the various names to something else, there couldn't be any issues, not that there should be anyhow, it's only a piss-take, I'd say Roy would even laugh.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:32am
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:29am
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:41am
I went for a bowl of water and lumps of raw meat.  It's what I used to have before a game. 
hahahaha
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:35am
"Tyler looks a pallbearer", ha ha.......Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I went for a bowl of water and lumps of raw meat.  It's what I used to have before a game.  

LOL

Absolute gold.

I'll get it linked on the twitter machine.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:48am
very good , you are a bit of a talent .....keep it up!
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:22am
Superb, Roy O Carroll Kelly
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 7:25am
He has one of those haircuts that just screams 'punch me'.LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 40>
  Share Topic