FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Roy Keane Diary: 'A day in the life'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 1:11am

Edited by Jack City - 21 Nov 2021 at 1:30am
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 12:05am
People think I&amp;amp;amp;amp;#39;m a bit of a head case&amp;amp;amp;amp;#39;: Roy Keane wants to return to  management
The Damned United
Ole had got the sack after a 4-1 loss away to Watford.  The players had gotten away with murder.  The last thing players will do is look at themselves.  Me? No. Blame Ole. The easy target.  On Sunday I was out for a cycle.  When I returned Theresa tells me I had someone call on the phone. Now my favourite part of the week.  Washing the dogs.  After the dogs are shampoo'd I have a cup of tea and a bit of chocolate and sit down to watch Match of the Day 2. Theresa comes in and informs me there's a man on the phone.  She says its the same man from earlier.
'Hi Roy it's Ed''
''Mr Ed?''
''Ed Woodward.''
''Oh ok. Thought you were the talking horse''.
''Roy would you be interested in becoming interim manager of Manchester United?''
Hello I thought
''Me?''
''Yes Roy. We feel an ex club legend is the way forward for the football club and we think you are the man for the job.''
''ok''
''So that's a yes? Great!''
''When do I start?''
''Tomorrow''

Tomorrow!
'Are you sure you wan to do it Roy?' Theresa asks
''Yeah''
''Those players annoy you a lot''
She had a point but thought I would like another crack off of it.  I'd been waiting for an opportunity to get back into management.  Don't look a gift from Mr.Ed in the mouth.

I have learnt from my past failures and decide I need a top coach with lots of experience and big stature who the players will instantly respect so have decided to bring in Tony Loughlin and Phil Starbuck. 

I set off for Carrington at 6am.  Training starts at 9am. 
Woodward informs me that the press nor the players know I have the job yet and the public announcement will be after training.  I sit in my office overlooking the carpark as the players arrive. The car a player drives betrays a clue about the players character.  I see a few Ferraris and De Gea and Pogba are getting out of a Pink Mini Metro.  My God! Now you're in trouble!
At 9am Woodward goes into the changing room, interrupts the banter and says to the players. ''Lads I have an announcement to make. As you know we had to let Ole go yesterday and it was a sad day for us all at the United family but I'd like to introduce you to your new manager. Mr. Roy Keane. Cue my entrance to the sound of complete silence interrupted only by the sound of the odd falling tea cup.

'Now I know training starts at 9am but I know Roy is chomping at the bit and would like to say a few words and give a little motivational team talk before you go out for training. So without further a do Roy...

'Right you lot.  The first thing you can do is throw all your 2nd places in the premier league and Europa League runners up medals into the biggest f**king dustbin you can find coz you've done it all by bloody cheating! Cheated Ole, cheated the fans, cheated the club.  You've been an absolute disgrace!  De Gea! You look like Big Bird in that f**king yellow costume out there. In fact I'd rather have Big Bird in f**king goal. First opportunity take your bags and f**k off back to Valencia or wherever the f**k you are from and become a waiter!  Actually scratch that! You'd only drop the tray!  Maguire! I've never seen such bad defending in my life!  My God! You score a fluky goal against San Marino and you think you are a superstar! You can f**k off as well!  Shaw! Do you eat Chinese every f**king day after training!  You look like the f**king Michelin Man.  I'd rather have John Candy at left back as he can run more than you and he's f**king dead you fat bastard!  Wan Bissaka! I don't know where the club found you.  You're the worst player I've ever seen in my life.  Pogba!  You're a lazy ****! The only time I've ever seen you run is for France.  You can f**k off back to France and sell those dodgy wristbands to the tourists with your brothers in Paris!  McTominay! You're a poor man's Fletcher!  Fernandes! You're the great man for the small occasion!  Afraid of that next step! Coward!  Lindelof! More like f**k off! You're days are finished here. Useless!  Fred! We'd be better off with Fred the Red in midfield! I don't blame you for being sh*t. I blame your parents for having you.  Rashford! Mr nice guy! Feeds the kids. Try feeding the team with goals!  Tony Loughlin sets up the tactics board. 'Here's the tactics for the next game lads' I say before I take a running jump and do a Cantonaesque kung fu kick on it sending it flying.

Woodward interjects. Roy could I have a word please?
'what the f**k do you want?'
He leads me to a nearby boardroom.
'I'm sorry Roy this isn't going to work.'

Sacked after 44 mins. The Damned United.

Edited by Trap junior - 21 Nov 2021 at 10:48am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 12:11pm
HALLOWEEN

The scene opens with a stormy night.  The lights have gone out and the gates of the mental institution are wide open.  Mental patients roam the grounds like zombies. The security guards lie dead on the ground.

Background:  On 18 November 2005 Roy Keane left Man Utd after murdering a number of senior players.
Now he has escaped from the local mental institution and has returned to the club on the same day 16 years later.  The famous number on the back of his shirt. This is his story....

Dr. Loomis:  ''He has escaped''
Nurse: ''Who?''
Dr. Loomis:  ''Keane''.
Nurse:  ''Aren't you being a bit over dramatic?''
Dr. Loomis:  ''You don't know what you're dealing with.  I've spent years with Roy.  I've studied him. I've watched him. I've seen him stare at a wall with those piercing eyes for 16 years. Waiting. Plotting.  The conclusion I came to was what we were dealing with was just pure (pauses momentarily for effect) evil.''

(scene cuts to Carrington training complex)

Paul Pogba is looking out the window as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gives his tactical team talk for the game the following day
Why Halloween&amp;amp;amp;#39;s Michael Myers Driving a Car Is Hilarious

To be continued....

Edited by Trap junior - 07 Nov 2021 at 12:15pm

bellawatson492 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellawatson492 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 11:38am
Well written my boy, I'm proud of you :D
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:50pm

Over here: Republic assistant boss Roy Keane is looking back to the days of Jack Charlton for inspiration

Here&amp;#39;s Johnny! Special one-off screening of The Shining coming this  Halloween - Grimsby Live

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Sep 2021 at 2:54pm

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 5:17pm
Brilliant TJ LOLLOLLOL
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:51am
ClapLOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:53pm
Tony Loughlin did it for me as the only guest.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:20pm
I did laugh at the Brillo and Ajax gag
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:27pm
LOLClap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:02pm
Wonderful stuff! Well done TJ!
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 7:56pm
quality 👏🏻 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Cork City, 10 August 1971 Roy Maurice Keane entered this world.   My mother used to tell me the nurse checked my head for 666.  She was joking I think.  Johnston says there must be something in it. 6 for Rockmount, 6 for Forest and 6 for Ireland.  666. And I was a Red Devil. My 50th birthday is today. 50. Fifty!  Theresa wants to hold a party and has invited some friends around.   I don't like parties.  People smiling, having fun.  Nonsense.   'Come on Roy lighten up!' Theresa encourages.  Ok.   Maybe it wont be so bad.  I'll get through it I tell myself. 
The party starts at 7.  Theresa has balloons up, laid on a big spread and is generally in great mood.  I'm in my room playing darts on my Alex Ferguson dartboard when she comes int to tell me to get showered and ready as everyone will be here soon.  I trudge off into the shower.  Scrub the armpits with the Brillo pads and Ajax.  Theresa hands me a T shirt with a  yellow smiley face with the caption 'Don't worry! Be happy!' on it.   ''Wear this at the party Roy it will be great!''  I give her a death stare.
I walk out into the garden and she has fairy lights up and the pool area is decorated with balloons and bunting and party hats.   I roll my eyes.

Tony Loughlin is the first to arrive.  And the last.  Theresa said she posted out loads on invitations. I thought Micah would have at least come.  Coward.  Theresa says ''they've let me down Roy''.  'Who's they?' I wondered.   There's food for about 50 guests and only one turned up. Triggs will be well fed tonight I thought.   But there's a surprise guest.  Theresa has hired a DJ. Here is this muppet arriving with decks with lights flashing.  'My God! Now you're in trouble' I thought. First song is Dancing Queen.  I tell the clown his services are no longer required and tell him to piss off. Theresa apologises for her husband as he packs up and hands him 500 in notes. Christ!   I didn't get that much a week at Forest! When I wanted more Brian Clough told me I was a greedy child.

Tony, me and Theresa are sitting around the pool in silence now. The perfect way to spend my birthday.  Theresa tells me to smile and have fun.  ''You're 50 for God's sake! Celebrate!''
Celebrate what?  I say.  ''Get excited when you're 100. I'm only 50. Do me a favour.''
Tony agrees with me.  Nothing to celebrate. Getting to 100 maybe. MAYBE. I don't celebrate failure. The job is only halfway done.

Theresa looks a bit deflated as she empties the food into black plastic bags as she cleans up.  Not sure why.  ''Went well I thought'' I say as I feed the cocktail sausages to Triggs.  She gives me a death stare.

Clap LOL

Excellent as ever, TJ.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 11:35am
Cork City, 10 August 1971 Roy Maurice Keane entered this world.   My mother used to tell me the nurse checked my head for 666.  She was joking I think.  Johnston says there must be something in it. 6 for Rockmount, 6 for Forest and 6 for Ireland.  666. And I was a Red Devil. My 50th birthday is today. 50. Fifty!  Theresa wants to hold a party and has invited some friends around.   I don't like parties.  People smiling, having fun.  Nonsense.   'Come on Roy lighten up!' Theresa encourages.  Ok.   Maybe it wont be so bad.  I'll get through it I tell myself. 
The party starts at 7.  Theresa has balloons up, laid on a big spread and is generally in great mood.  I'm in my room playing darts on my Alex Ferguson dartboard when she comes int to tell me to get showered and ready as everyone will be here soon.  I trudge off into the shower.  Scrub the armpits with the Brillo pads and Ajax.  Theresa hands me a T shirt with a  yellow smiley face with the caption 'Don't worry! Be happy!' on it.   ''Wear this at the party Roy it will be great!''  I give her a death stare.
I walk out into the garden and she has fairy lights up and the pool area is decorated with balloons and bunting and party hats.   I roll my eyes.

Tony Loughlin is the first to arrive.  And the last.  Theresa said she posted out loads on invitations. I thought Micah would have at least come.  Coward.  Theresa says ''they've let me down Roy''.  'Who's they?' I wondered.   There's food for about 50 guests and only one turned up. Triggs will be well fed tonight I thought.   But there's a surprise guest.  Theresa has hired a DJ. Here is this muppet arriving with decks with lights flashing.  'My God! Now you're in trouble' I thought. First song is Dancing Queen.  I tell the clown his services are no longer required and tell him to piss off. Theresa apologises for her husband as he packs up and hands him 500 in notes. Christ!   I didn't get that much a week at Forest! When I wanted more Brian Clough told me I was a greedy child.

Tony, me and Theresa are sitting around the pool in silence now. The perfect way to spend my birthday.  Theresa tells me to smile and have fun.  ''You're 50 for God's sake! Celebrate!''
Celebrate what?  I say.  ''Get excited when you're 100. I'm only 50. Do me a favour.''
Tony agrees with me.  Nothing to celebrate. Getting to 100 maybe. MAYBE. I don't celebrate failure. The job is only halfway done.

Theresa looks a bit deflated as she empties the food into black plastic bags as she cleans up.  Not sure why.  ''Went well I thought'' I say as I feed the cocktail sausages to Triggs.  She gives me a death stare.

Edited by Trap junior - 01 Aug 2021 at 11:42am

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:24am
Roy Keane and Micah Richards Wembley road trip ends badly as Roy sees red mist

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:28pm
You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best! With guns , with knives, with his bare hands! A man who's been trained to ignore pain! To ignore weather! To live off the land! To eat things that would make a Billy goat puke! In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel..... to kill, period.

A famous quote.  But who said this about Roy Keane?

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:50pm
I got over half way through that post believing it was real ffs. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:43pm
If this was in a book, I would buy it
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
  Share Topic