Garth Brooks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 899091

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:50pm

I wonder how many are going just because it's a big event, without really knowing his music. For a country with our population to buy up 350,000 tickets for this stetson wearing gobsh*te is up there with our greatest national embarrasments, such as Ronan Keating, Cork, and that dancing priest lad.
the dancing priest lad deserves a thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:54pm
Which one? The one from Fr.Ted or the one the one that won a F1 race......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:07pm

I wonder how many are going just because it's a big event, without really knowing his music. For a country with our population to buy up 350,000 tickets for this stetson wearing gobsh*te is up there with our greatest national embarrasments, such as Ronan Keating, Cork, and that dancing priest lad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm

No issue with the Fr. Ted lad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:13pm

Maybe a lot are going because it’s known to be a good show. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

My suspicions that the country is full of eejit's was confirmed today. His appeal totally eludes me. 

No different to going to see Bruce or U2 or Santy Claus. 

You really comparing Garth brooks to Bruce and u2 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:18pm
I get that he puts on a good show. It's just that the music is, how do I put this, oh yeah, f**king atrocious. Surely the reason you go to a gig is first and foremost for the music. The show is welcome but it's very much secondary.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

My suspicions that the country is full of eejit's was confirmed today. His appeal totally eludes me. 

No different to going to see Bruce or U2 or Santy Claus. 

You really comparing Garth brooks to Bruce and u2 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Im not no. But if you like Garth Brooks you like him. Im not really what you would call a fan but hes an excellent singer and has had some great hits. Im actually going for a good nights entertainment. Hopefully Covid isnt an issue. Im more looking for to the Eagles in the Aviva i must admit tho. Credibility regained LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:26pm

No issue with the Fr. Ted lad.

LOLLOL good

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:25pm
Eight of Garth Crooks&amp;#39; wildest and most ridiculous BBC teams of the week -  Planet Football

I'm only one letter out from being the most loved man in The EIRE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:59pm
I wonder if Rugby or Garth riles people on this forum more. For something that's so easy to avoid it's hilarious
tapfit2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Barry Barry wrote:

Ah FFS ye better be taking the piss probably the next worst thing after that redneck
Fingers crossed for an ebola outbreak followed a mass lockdown/exterminationl
Let Christy Take It.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:32pm

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

I'm scratching my head trying to think of 1 inconvenience that could be caused by thousands of people congregating around where you live. No can't think of any either LOL.

Missed the point there so you did. If they have to put up with it for 3 nights anyway, are two extra nights really that big of deal

I'd say the supporters of blocking the extra concerts will invest far more energy into a campaign to stop it from happening than they would having to tell security guards where they are going when returning home those couple of extra nights 

They are not complaining about 2 extra nights, there are loads of events every year. When is enough enough? Just because you don't have to put up with it the residents should just shut up and stop moaning cause they are craic spoilers to you? 

I could think of nothing worse than 5 nights of the dregs of Irish society, going to see some American redneck, wondering past my house.  

Up the north loads of people go on holidays on the 12th of July. These concerts are far worse than that

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 899091